Guaranteed Cabin(s)

CruiseGal999

Oh I am not saying you are but I have heard of some people booking a gty for that reason.

As for your particular worries, inside gtys have more of a chance being the cabin you don't want but will have the best price.

Yeah ... it's a trade off. But I have to consider ... when I was 19 I paid $500 for 1 week from Boston to Bermuda on Carnival in a quad cabin and it was on deck 4 or something. I remember it was really low. I don't remember it being noisy ... engine noise ... but I was 19 and running around and drinking ... and it was my very first cruise so everything was amazing to me. Now ... it 'could' be a week long cruise for $539 pp before taxes and fees. Hmmm....really something to consider.

• 5 months later...

I am late in the game...had only discovered such deals two weeks ago.

If I were to book an inside cabin guaranteed,i would most likely need to book two cabins. Almost all offers are available for two in a cabin only.I couldn't find family rooms with such offers

Has anyone of you book two guaranteed cabins and end up being assigned with cabins on different decks or very far (fwd and mid ship) apart?

We've done several guarantees. So far, we have always received a slight upgrade in the category we booked, such as a, say, 1A cabin rather than a 1D cabin. Once we were upgraded to a mini-suite, but I am almost certain that was because a good friend, who was also a premier Princess travel agent and did our booking, got us the upgrade.

It has worked out well for us since the price is always so much better, but you do have to be able to accept that you may not get an upgrade, or may get a cabin that isn't your first choice. You will always get at least the category you booked under. We have always been happy with the cabin we got.

I am late in the game...had only discovered such deals two weeks ago.

If I were to book an inside cabin guaranteed,i would most likely need to book two cabins. Almost all offers are available for two in a cabin only.I couldn't find family rooms with such offers

Has anyone of you book two guaranteed cabins and end up being assigned with cabins on different decks or very far (fwd and mid ship) apart?

In December, I had three guarantees and they were together. Leaving on the Sky today and we are on different floors, opposite sides of ship, one more aft and the other more forward. Two cabins.

I don't understand why anyone would be disappointed with their assignment. By accepting a guarantee, you agree to take any cabin in the guarantee category or any higher category. If you of those is not acceptable, you should not book a guarantee.

I've had one bad guarantee. I didn't realize that on HAL's Vista ships there are 125 sq. ft. inside cabins, so to say that I was disappointed when I had claustrophobia one night and felt like I couldn't breath :eek: is putting it mildly. I will continue to book inside guarantees on the R and S class ships, but not the Vistas and up. Lesson learned the hard way.

Roz

We always book a guarantee cabin since it is my understanding that it's the best way to get the best price. We always get an inside cabin. We've never been disappointed. One time we were given a balcony, much to our surprise. And several other times we were given an Ocean View.