Have you ever regretted sailing another line?

atexsix

Celebrity is RC’s Lincoln Vs their Ford.

CB is Caribbean Princess, not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Considering that Celebrity is a modern luxury, I’d put lines like this

Royal Caribbean- Toyota (reliable all around product)

Celebrity- Lexus - Toyota with nice touches

Although this is not completely fair as Royal has points where it beats Celebrity (innovations, certain entertainment)

CB is CB because CP is Coral Princess.

Tatka, Thank you for trying but I still don't ge the "preloaded part of drrinrks........ Preloaded? to what? I have never heard that 'description .

If you are Diamond or higher on RCI, your card is loaded with credits for 3 free drinks per day, to be redeemed between the hours of 5 - 8:30. The purpose is to help prevent crowding in the Diamond Lounge during the free cocktail hours.

RCI's Diamond lounge is a benefit that we really do appreciate. But it really does not enter into our decision when selecting a cruise...unless of course there is a tie.

Agree though. The three Diamond lounges we have been in have had a fabulous view. High up, great sea view, and not stuck in some back of beyond place on the ship. We like the lounge for our continental breakfast (nice an quiet), caps mid morning, and wine and cheese at night. The Diamond concierges who we have interacted with have been very good. It is a very nice touch and seems much better, for our tastes, than any of the other programs out there.

I never even tried to be loyal.

We went Celebrity - Royal - Holland - Celebrity - Carnival - NCL - Princess and so on.

After 3 times (third was just out of convenience) we eliminated Carnival. So now we sail with 7 lines (Cunard will be probably rare occasion due to the number of reachable ships).

Slowly we are reaching statuses with each, but it is not our primarily purpose.

We would sail with HAL, Princess and Celebrity more often if they add more itineraries and ships out of Northeast so we don't have to fly/drive to Florida or Europe to catch them.

We are doing fewer cruises and more land travel. On our last two cruise HAL did not even make our short list.

It came down to Princess, Celebrity, and RCI. Itineraries were all similar. Came down to ship and price. HAL was eliminated early on because of ship and/or price.

We still want to try Kdam though.