Help Me Plan My Post Cruise Trip

dickinson

:) I bought my first Akubra hat when I was deployed to the middle east years ago. Now that I'm going back to Oz, I'm looking to buy my second one before the cruise. Been talking to Strand Hatters in Sydney. I've read some great things about the Hattery in Katoomba, though, so I've been talking to them, too. Will be going, and might just have to pick up a third hat there too. :)

Hi, here's what we did post cruise in Sydney a few weeks ago: Day 1, Blue Mountains, we took the train to Katoomba & bought tickets for the hop on hop off bus, including Scenic World (totally worth it, amazing views & hikes in the park) be prepared to walk, walk, walk, we did 15 miles that day, including 50 flights of stairs according to our apps.

Dinner near the Opera House, & drinks at the Opera Bar

enhance

Day 2: Tour of the opera house, then Royal Botanical Gardens, & shoreside walk including the Library & brief visit to the Art Gallery of NSW. Pitcher of Sangria at the Opera Bar, & Dinner in the Rocks area.

enhance

enhance

Day 3, Climb the Pylon, walk across bridge, explored the neighborhood there, Ferry back, then Ferry to Manly, long coastal walk (about 9 miles) lunch in Manly, then fast Ferry back. Ended the evening at the Opera Bar again.

enhance

Day 4

Train & Bus to Bondi, did Bondi to Coogee walk (including the amazing Waverly Cemetery)

enhance

Day 5, just explored Sydney, walked about 13 miles this day, Visited St. Mary's Cathedral, Hyde Park, Darling Harbor...

Honestly if I could do it again I would have stayed overnight in the Blue Mountains, so much to see there, Enjoy!

Cruise Kitty - Beautiful pictures! I can't imagine walking 15 miles in one day! We walked 8 miles according to my phone while in Rome. Thanks for the info on what you did. I hope you are subscribed to this thread because after we come back from our New Years cruise I'll be spending more time planning this and may have questions. ;)

Hi, here's what we did post cruise in Sydney a few weeks ago: Day 1, Blue Mountains, we took the train to Katoomba & bought tickets for the hop on hop off bus, including Scenic World (totally worth it, amazing views & hikes in the park) be prepared to walk, walk, walk, we did 15 miles that day, including 50 flights of stairs according to our apps.

Honestly if I could do it again I would have stayed overnight in the Blue Mountains, so much to see there, Enjoy!

OMG, I was exhausted just reading all you did--good onya! We did all the same stops but over a longer time and didn't walk 15 miles any day! Although we did do 9-10 the day we walked from Darling Harbour, to Chinatown and then back to our hotel near the museum. But that was mostly because we got off on the wrong stop at DH, and there was construction between there and Chinatown.

Loved your pics and they brought back good memories. Sydney and the surrounding area is great. Lots of great pubs too!

Blue Mountains and Hunter Valley are my recommendations for places outside Sydney. A lot to do in Sydney--rugby matches, Chinatown, Paddys Market, The Rocks, Manly and Bondi (but if you can only do one, do Manly. Easier to get to and nicer IMO), the zoo, 4 Pines Brewery by Manly.

ML