Boards, settle a bet please

ITeach2Cruise

Darn it!! My bad. Got mixed up with RCCL.. Have only had a suite once and I forgot it was with them about 10 years ago....Atleast back then,,,They (RCCL) allowed priority boarding if you booked a suite.

Suites DO get priority boarding, but NOT priority access to the stateroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One of them. People going to their cabins early when they aren't supposed to gets to be a real issue apparently. JH even mentioned it last week telling people not to go in.

Plus the cards in the mailboxes when your cabin is ready also speeds the embarkation up by bypassing the second line in the terminal. I love it.

The new embarkation process is def better. Finding a way of keeping the rule breakers in line will come.

The new embarkation process is def better. Finding a way of keeping the rule breakers in line will come.

The new process helps but short of manning each entrance to the cabins, there will always be those who think the rules don’t apply to them. I hope that when they get to their cabin and the see the envelope with their S&S cards isn’t there they turn back around to let the RS do their job uninterrupted.

Pretty soon they will do away with all early entry to cabins because then they know anyone walking down the halls shouldn’t be there and will throw them out. Just like other things. People that don’t listen ruin it for everyone.

Anytime we have had a suite we also get FTTF just for the purpose of immediate access cabin. Not sure why this question keeps coming up, it has always been like that and the answer is always the same...[emoji782]

I know. I think also a lot of confusion comes from the CSRs and upsell people. They tell guests that if they upgrade to a suite that they can cancel their FTTF which we know is wrong if you want the dedicated GS line and early access to your cabin. Carnival definitely needs to train their employees better.

Also the people at the port look at boarding passes and if they say “Priority” tell guests they can go right to their cabin because it’s ready. Which again is incorrect. Another example of better training needed.

Speaking of boarding passes, I saw on FB that they are now redesigned but I haven’t seen one for a D/P/Suite, only FTTF and non Priority. Wonder if they say anything besides “Priority”. FTTF did have the logo as usual.

On the flip side, you have people that claim their suite “Has always been ready” and tell others just to go to their cabin because they do. Which again, isn’t right.

This sign was not posted on the Fantasy on my 12/2 cruise. Does that mean I shouldn't have access to my cabin even though I got recognized at the P & D Reunion as the guest with the most Carnival days?

If you are Diamond/Platinum/FTTF you can go to your cabin. Others will be ready around 1:30pm or when they make an announcement.

As they go to the cards in the mailboxes you will also get a card like the one I previously posted. Here is the one from Glory in October.

8f0bb9e412773d4db35d171385879835.jpg

The new process helps but short of manning each entrance to the cabins, there will always be those who think the rules don’t apply to them. I hope that when they get to their cabin and the see the envelope with their S&S cards isn’t there they turn back around to let the RS do their job uninterrupted.

Pretty soon they will do away with all early entry to cabins because then they know anyone walking down the halls shouldn’t be there and will throw them out. Just like other things. People that don’t listen ruin it for everyone.

Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not D or P, however I was told upon check-in my room was ready and to pick-up my card at the door and proceed into the room if I wanted too.

Which brings me back to post #30 and the ones with the pics along with other posts. Suites do not have access to their cabin upon boarding. You were not supposed to be there and were told incorrectly.

Which brings me back to post #30 and the ones with the pics along with other posts. Suites do not have access to their cabin upon boarding. You were not supposed to be there and were told incorrectly.

Bahaahaha.....You fail to understand that you have NO authority over me. I received my instructions at check-in and from the staff...NOT YOU!

Speaking of boarding passes, I saw on FB that they are now redesigned but I haven’t seen one for a D/P/Suite, only FTTF and non Priority. Wonder if they say anything besides “Priority”. FTTF did have the logo as usual.

In the upper left corner the boarding passes now have a red badge background with the word PRIORITY written and to the right of that the FTTF logo shows. On the luggage tags the FTTF logo is replaced with the word PRIORITY. I'm Platinum.

Bahaahaha.....You fail to understand that you have NO authority over me. I received my instructions at check-in and from the staff...NOT YOU!

LOL!! Calm down! It’s CARNIVAL’S policy NOT the people employed by the Port or mine. It’s in black and white. They have no say in what the rules are. They were wrong. It’s cut and dry. They Misinformed you and you weren’t supposed to be there. Plain and simple, end of story. Now you know. No sense in getting crazy about it.

I agree fully, that was my point about the Fantasy lack of sign. Carnival's rules and policies are very fluid. If you were to be as rigid as some on this thread, it would not matter what you were told. I know that many if not most ships have suites done early so you can access them early.

I agree fully, that was my point about the Fantasy lack of sign. Carnival's rules and policies are very fluid. If you were to be as rigid as some on this thread, it would not matter what you were told. I know that many if not most ships have suites done early so you can access them early.

Again, the people at the port who more than likely don’t even work for Carnival have ZERO say on what Carnival’s policy is on THEIR ship. It’s clearly written and it’s sad that the port employees are giving out incorrect info. Heck, Carnival can’t even train their CSRs to give accurate info in regards to reservation questions. Like the saying “Call 3 different times and get 3 different answers”. It’s true.

But don’t take my word for it. You’ll get the little cards at check in which override any thing promised by the port employees who again have no say or authority when it comes to how things operate on the ship. They can tell you that you can legally drink at age 18 on the ship too on a cruise that is leaving out of Miami to the Caribbean, but guess what? You can’t and Carnival doesn’t give a crap what you were told.

If in doubt feel free to look up the policies on Carnival for yourself. Some of it has already been posted.

Edited by firemanbobswife

LOL!! Calm down! It’s CARNIVAL’S policy NOT the people employed by the Port or mine. It’s in black and white. They have no say in what the rules are. They were wrong. It’s cut and dry. They Misinformed you and you weren’t supposed to be there. Plain and simple, end of story. Now you know. No sense in getting crazy about it.

Sooo your employed by Carnival?

Like I said I take my instructions from the staff (Carnival Employee's) also Splendor crew, what difference does it make.

No, won't be taking my Saturday morning to edit out all my personal details to post here. Surely you have a cruise booked now that you can review your documents, no?

OK I understand. I do all my stuff on my iPhone with markup. It’s pretty quick. Sadly, no boarding passes for me [emoji22].

Anytime we have had a suite we also get FTTF just for the purpose of immediate access cabin. Not sure why this question keeps coming up, it has always been like that and the answer is always the same...:confused:

Not everyone scours the boards for previously answered questions, plus things change every so often, and outdated answers aren't always true.

The change to a suite was an upgrade as we were in just a regular OV before. I have never felt the need for FTTF, although I did get it once, and I understand why people do. It wasn't available when I booked this cruise, and it was nearly 9 months in advance! Still looking diligently though.