Why is Royal Caribbean your favourite cruise line?

I started my cruise addiction, like many others, on Carnival. I became a Royal Caribbean cruiser after my first RCL cruise. Most of these reasons have already been mentioned.

• ACTIVITIES: I often became bored on Carnival sea days. Not so with Royal.
  • SHIP CONDITION: Royal maintains their ships in better condition than does (or at least did when I cruised the line) Carnival.
  • DECOR: "Nuff said.
  • SERVICE: There are GREAT personnel on both lines, but for the most part, I've received better service on Royal, particularly from the cruise director.

I ended up getting a Royal Caribbean VISA card. That made Royal my best option because my points made their itineraries the most affordable for me. Now that my points also apply to Celebrity, I want to try that line. (Yes, I know they're both Royal Caribbean.)

Royal's ships are just getting to large and amusement park-like for my taste. I am booked on Adventure for February and really looking forward to it. Adventure was my FIRST Royal Caribbean vessel. I'm on Jewel next year, because I preferred the itinerary to Celebrity's. If Royal starts selling off their smaller ships, I'll need to find a new cruise home. I suspect that will be Celebrity. For now, I love Royal's smaller ships. After a cruise on Freedom, I've decided that anything larger than Voyager Class is just not for me.

I'm fairly new to cruising, 9 years cruising so far, all four past cruises with RCCL. My cruise that leaves Sunday is on Freedom, and my cruise booked for 2019 is on Adventure.

I like the consistency, knowing what to expect, and that extra services are optional, like specialty dining.

I choose what best suits us when we cruise, and I have not found RCCL to be more than other lines. We will be going to NCL for Alaska and Hawaii based on their itineraries.

We started cruising on RCCL in 1991 we then cruised a couple of years more and then changed to Celebrity. We find it more relaxed and better food on Celebrity but sometimes we go back to RCCL like next week. Overall cruising has changed since we started cruising but we still enjoy.

J.

Lately we've been waffling between Royal and Celebrity. Two different styles of cruising but I think what keeps us going back to Royal is the variety of ships and the C&A perks. For those that say they could never stick with one line, I'd say Royal is the one line with the most variety.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For me I love the whole experience: the staterooms, the ships, the entertainment and the food! Would love to hear others thoughts on why you cruise Royal Caribbean time and time again?

It was the one that got us hooked. We tried 1 other. It was fine, but didn't suit us. We're trying another next, will keep an open mind.

Stay away from Harmony!;)

I was on the Harmony last month for a family vacation, nice cruise, but way to many passengers, 1,000 + kids, had a interesting group of non Americans on board, and the elevators at times was a nightmare.

Edited by JamesEM
Typo

Our first cruise was in 2012. The only way I could lure my husband to a cruise was to promise him

1) a ship which was built in Turku, Finland (were we live) and

2) a cabin with a balcony

So I got him onboard Freedom of the Seas. With the above two requirements in mind, I have not had possibilities to try out other cruise lines so far, even though I got him to step onboard Splendour, Rhapsody and Jewel. But nowadays there are TUI My Schiff 3-5 built in Turku and they are also currently building some Carnival ships, so maybe we'll try out something else in the future.

Meanwhile we have risen to Diamond status so starting out a new customer program from the bottom is not very inviting. Luckily we love Royal ships and especially British Pub and Schooner bar atmosphere, the shows and the great attitude of the crew, so Royal it most likely will be. If they just don't change their concept too much.