Belize?

connyo

First time there we did the cave tubing with a private company. Butts Up, i believe. It was okay. Last year, we stayed on the ship. To me, Belize is not worth the tender. I'm sure others will think differently but that's what I think.

First time there we did the cave tubing with a private company. Butts Up, i believe. It was okay. Last year, we stayed on the ship. To me, Belize is not worth the tender. I'm sure others will think differently but that's what I think.

I tend to agree, although we did enjoy a show about the history of Belize through dancing, we did not think it was worth the money. Then they had a Belize museum again cool but worth the money? In fact, my DW and I are thinking a lot of excursions they offer on cruises are waste of money. I will have to say though they have great beer. Belize's go to beer was called Belikin they have light or dark, I LOVED the Belikin dark Yummy.

Belize is one of our favorite ports, we love adventure and history. We have done Xunantunich ruins (fabulous!), cave tubing with lunch (awesome), and a snorkel boat (good, but it was raining so not the best conditions). Would do any of them again. Next trip we will do a different Mayan ruin.

Remember....Belize is a tender port, so you have to take a 15-20 boat ride to shore, then return after your excursion.

We don’t usually do many ship excursions, but this past October while in Belize decided to do the Lamanai ruins tour from Carnival, because of the tender and to be sure we made back on time. Great time! Really enjoyed the knowledgeable guides, the bus trip, the boat ride to the ruins. Beautiful place, had a chance to climb up and also to see monkeys in the wild. Lunch was also good on the way back.

We’re visiting Belize on our upcoming trip on Glory in March. Going to Lamanai ruins with river cruise and booked through King David Castillo. He was very highly recommend on a few other boards and trip advisor. He’s been very responsive to all the inquiries I’ve sent so far and I’m really looking forward to the tour.

I thought Belize had the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world next to Great Barrier Reef in AU. My son snorkeled the GBR last year and said it was very disappointing, most of the reef was dead. He told me, "Mom, if you snorkel, or scuba dive, you must go and see the reef in Belize. You don't know when this reef too will be dead. You can do tubing almost anywhere." I have yet to snorkel and was thinking about trying the tubing, my but wise son does have a point, how much longer will such a great sight be there?

The diving in Belize is some of, if not the, best in the world. Snorkeling there is great as well.

We enjoyed cave tubing with cave-tubing.com for a shore excursion and have visited Belize several times for vacations.

The ruins are often newly uncovered (historically speaking) and much more interesting as long as you are archeologically minded and can imagine, not rebuilt and repaired to look like they once did.

The mountains are beautiful with a variety of wildlife, however you are unlikely to see much of it during the day.

• 2 weeks later...