E-boarding pass

tennisobo

I have a copy of my boarding pass on my phone as a back-up in the unlikely event that I lose the one I printed. Have any of you tried checking in with an email version of your boarding pass on your phone? I may give this a try on my January 20 cruise on the Crown using my printed boarding pass as the back-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a copy of my boarding pass on my phone as a back-up in the unlikely event that I lose the one I printed. Have any of you tried checking in with an email version of your boarding pass on your phone? I may give this a try on my January 20 cruise on the Crown using my printed boarding pass as the back-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s a great idea. Let us know if it works.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As long as you have completed the required information in the Cruise Personalizer in its entirety it does not matter whether or not you have a printed copy of your boarding pass. Having it saves only a few seconds; all that matters is that you have accepted the terms of the contract of carriage with your e-signature in the personalizer and there will be nothing to fill out or sign even if you don't show a boarding pass. I can't imagine that the shoreside check-in staff will have been trained that an e-copy is an acceptable--or even necessary--substitute, especially with the delayed-though-eventually-coming system of loading the boarding pass onto the Ocean Medallion.

I believe it depends on the airline? We flew United to London and back in August with only the online boarding pass. At security and at boarding there was a scanner that we held our phones over to scan the boarding pass bar code. Very easy. The airline website should have the procedures.

I believe it depends on the airline? We flew United to London and back in August with only the online boarding pass. At security and at boarding there was a scanner that we held our phones over to scan the boarding pass bar code. Very easy. The airline website should have the procedures.

Airline? :confused: :D I believe that the OP is referring to getting into the cruise terminal.

I can't speak for every port, but there is no problem arriving at the port without an eBoarding pass in Seattle. The only thing you need the boarding pass for is if you change the credit card that you're going to use on the cruise. If you don't have the eBoarding pass, it's no problem as there is another form that can be used instead of the eBoading pass.

Tom