Norovirus on Allure?!?!

discru

I thought they were included as part of your cruise documents (boarding pass, luggage tags, medical questionnaire) from Royal?

I know Carnival includes the medical form along with everything else, like the ticketing contract, as printable PDFs.

I guess we have not been mailed any forms as of yet. We sail on Feb 17th. How far in advance do they tend to send all of that out?

We are on the Allure now and i spoke with someone who was on last week. She said it was very minor and no protocols were changed. They also sent us an email telling us boarding would be delayed by and hour. We got here 30minutes later thinking we are going to wait somewhere so why not there. Form drop off at 11:20 to on ship was about 30 minutes. And would have been faster but our check in guy couldn’t figure out multiple rooms on the same credit card.

Nothing on here that seems out of the ordinary.

My son did test positive for the flu about 4 days in. Quarantined for 48 hours. Not many people in infirmary when we were there. They handled it well. Just made me pretty mad they charged $195for tamiflu when you can get it at Walmart for $55. Seems rather counterproductive to make medicine a profit center if you want people to get well. I bought 3 packs because my parents are 80 and 85 so dr suggested since they are considered high risk they might want to do it. Which they did want.

But nothing too out of the ordinary for sickness, coughing, throwing up etc that we have seen

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Royal distributes a very short heallh questionaire as part of cruise terminal check-in.

I'm assuming it's the same questionnaire...."have you had any recent symptoms of...." and then some pregnancy questions for the women.

I guess we have not been mailed any forms as of yet. We sail on Feb 17th. How far in advance do they tend to send all of that out?

I think it would be part of your on-line check-in documents, delivered as pdf's you can print out at home. However, per the above, Royal doesn't seem to include the medical questionnaire in that, although Carnival does.

I'll know more in about two weeks, which is when I expect to FINALLY get our booking info from Royal. For our upcoming charter they transfer the booking info about two weeks before sailing.

Three years ago at Easter, my husband and I boarded the Quantum after they had norovirus. The boarding was late and we did not get into our rooms until 8:00 pm which meant we had to drag our carry on luggage to dinner with us and all around the ship. We meet some great people on board but the cruise was ruined not by getting norovirus but my husband getting sick from the cleaning product. They were spraying it everywhere and not wiping it off the tables, etc. When we got home we found out what they used and found a small disclaimer that less than 5% of people may have a neurological problem with the product. My husband has seizures that are most of the time controlled by meds. On that cruise he had a seizure 5 times during the cruise. The type of seizure that he had is called Todd's paralyisis which means his hand, leg or speech was not working. Even with meds to treat it, we had to stay in our room for 1 to 4 hours until it went away. After talking with RCCL, several times they refunded the price of my husband's cruise.

Royal distributes a very short heallh questionaire as part of cruise terminal check-in.

Just printed doc for a neighbor Carnival Cruise his health form was part of his doc’s saves them paper. How long before RCL has you printing your own health form?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the filling out of the health forms is kind of a joke. I have seen postings where the question was asked that basically asked if you had any signs of illness just before the cruise, what would you do? The answer was go on the cruise.

I realize people plan to cruise and many plan for quite a while, and nothing is going to stop them from the cruise other than death or being hospitalized or some other serious reason. It also seems that most people don't buy insurance and even for those who do, being sick may not be a covered reason, so no way will they lose the money.

Yesterday on another site that we can't mention, someone advised his wife was pregnant and was wondering about the Zika virus. Checking with her doctor about weather or not to cruise was not even a thought in his head, and after many people posted, he said they were going to sail anyway because they had been planning this for a year and had no insurance. I guess money is more important to some than the health of a baby or others.

Just printed doc for a neighbor Carnival Cruise his health form was part of his doc’s saves them paper. How long before RCL has you printing your own health form?

Soon, I'd hope. It's one less step and would take less time at check-in if you could simply walk up with the forms already completed.

• 2 weeks later...