Copenhagen Hotel Recommendations

jajsmom

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions. I was able to book the Hotel Bethel in Nyhavn both before and after our cruise. That hotel was previously sold out for our dates, and was again sold out after I booked, so I'm glad I was able to get them.

Danish Viking--thanks so much for all of your help! My daughter spent her birthday weekend in Copenhagen last year, and loved the Nyhavn area. She especially loved the trampolines built into the streets, and recommended we stay in this area for its beauty and convenience.

Nyhavn has lots of character with numerous restaurants and harbour views.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Florida tourist: Can you suggest a few good restaurants not more than about a 15 min walk from Marriott? We like quiet and relaxing places. (We're elderly.)

I think it probably makes sense to avoid Tivoli restaurants as well as hotel restaurants as they'd surely be more expensive.

Florida tourist: Can you suggest a few good restaurants not more than about a 15 min walk from Marriott? We like quiet and relaxing places. (We're elderly.)

I think it probably makes sense to avoid Tivoli restaurants as well as hotel restaurants as they'd surely be more expensive.

Tivoli restaurants were very expensive last time we were there as Guests of

Anthon Berg chocolate company many years ago.

A lot of raw fish and small dishes.

I was still hungry when we were walking around Tivoli and bought a beef burger at one of the stalls.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

One of our favorite places was a place called In translation “little yellow house” or something like that. Good place for a snack, breakfast or lunch. 65f4e60430c73e984e10f09f6c927f6e.jpg

We never did a really nice sit down dinner there. We went to a food hall across the river from Nyhaven that was very fun. 7e47811276e63f6d67adade8e4d9fad5.jpgBut if you are elderly it might be difficult for you to walk there. For that matter you might want to select a hotel more in the center of Things. While the Marriott is close and walkable to many places you will have to do just that - walk. There is not much right outside the door of the Marriott. While the walks are not far there is nothing within a block or two. But that’s also why they make cabs. For us the Marriott was perfect. The rooms quiet without hearing all the street noise etc.

and there is always ice cream to eat0c3a1699e8401cd8b205e6d9be7eeed0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...I think it probably makes sense to avoid Tivoli restaurants as well as hotel restaurants as they'd surely be more expensive.

Also....regarding Tivoli.....it’s not open all year, so be sure to check their website for scheduled hours.

That could help rule that out or in for you!

So far, our Copenhagen visits have been in the Fall, just between seasons, and we have yet to see it open!

[emoji22]