Copenhagen Hotel Recommendations

jajsmom

May 18-19 pre-cruise, we are at Raddison Blu, it appears to be the best choice. however, I lost the fight between Airbnb vs standard hotel in Copenhagen for our one night back after 7 days. My husband booked us in the Clarion Dan to be very close to airport for 6 am flight back to states. taxi will be needed at 3 am. anyone else take this choice and cab to apt?

thank you

You do realise that the Clarion hotel is at the airport, when you exit the hotel you find yourself in Terminal 3.

After much research, we are booked at the Comfort Hotel this Fall.

Previously, I was able to book the Hilton by the airport with points, but now that that is no longer an option, we decided to stay near center city.

The only thing I have to figure out now is how to get from the hotel to the ship on cruise day??

Its easy, go to the central station and take any northbound train (track 1-4 and 9-10) and get off at Østerport.

Here you walk to the pedestrian bridge at the far end of the platform and walk right.

Then you reach the bus station for the 25 and 27 bus to Oceankaj.

If you need a elevator then its better to get off at Nørreport and get the 25 bus from there.

@ Kalona03

Wait a minute is it Quality Airport Hotel Dan, then its a 5 minute walk from Kastrup metro station where you can get a metro 24/7.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Kastrup+St.+(Metro)/Quality+Airport+Hotel+Dan,+Kastruplundgade+15,+2770+Kastrup/@55.6366318,12.6427665,17z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4653ab6375c25c4d:0x4a056bcd0b37951f!2m2!1d12.6467323!2d55.6357467!1m5!1m1!1s0x4653ab61659676e3:0x41743c74e2613a5b!2m2!1d12.6421442!2d55.6372011!3e3

Its easy, go to the central station and take any northbound train (track 1-4 and 9-10) and get off at Østerport.

Here you walk to the pedestrian bridge at the far end of the platform and walk right.

Then you reach the bus station for the 25 and 27 bus to Oceankaj.

If you need a elevator then its better to get off at Nørreport and get the 25 bus from there.

THANK YOU DANISH VIKING!

We'll have our cruise luggage with us...is it common to bring luggage on the public bus?

Do you think a taxi from the Hotel would be worth looking into?

I was going to check with the Hotel before we arrived.

Appreciate all of your excellent info!

I obsessed over this for our cruise last summer. We stayed at 71 Nyhavn for 2 nights before our cruise and it was just perfect. It was easy to get there via the Metro from the airport and a short walk with luggage over the cobblestones. We walked everywhere from the hotel. There is a cute bakery on the other side of the canal on a side street where we got coffee and pastries in the morning. We took a taxi to the port. We had a room overlooking the canal and it had air conditioning. Good luck!

Danish Viking was so immensely helpful in planning. Many thanks to him for his efforts!

THANK YOU DANISH VIKING!

We'll have our cruise luggage with us...is it common to bring luggage on the public bus?

Do you think a taxi from the Hotel would be worth looking into?

I was going to check with the Hotel before we arrived.

Appreciate all of your excellent info!

Bus 25 and 27 mainly serve the cruise ports, so they are usually only crowded if a lot of people are going to/from their ship. It's fine to bring luggage on the bus, but there are no luggage racks or anything like that so you will need to be able to handle the luggage in the bus. There is usually good floor space for bringing suitcases etc.

A taxi is certainly more convenient (and faster). It should be quite easy to get a taxi from the street (Vesterbrogade) and of course you can also have the hotel receptionist order one for you.

A taxi will cost around 200DKK

Public transportation costs 24 DKK pr person.

We used public transportation all over Copenhagen, including getting from the airport to our hotel, from the hotel to the cruise ship, from the cruise ship to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport--all with our luggage. The buses have empty spaces for strollers, so if that's not being used, it's a great place to stand with your luggage. If that's not available, you can sit with your luggage between your legs or in your lap.

Now, having said that, this is really only an option if you are traveling with no more than one piece of carry-on luggage per person. If you have more than that, pay for a taxi.

Here's a good thing I just found! On the Scandic Hotels website you can join their friends program (no charge or anything, seems like Hilton Honors) and use the code for 20 percent off the room! I had a room at the Scandic Front for close to 3000 DKK and then cancelled it and rebooked for 2400 DKK - that was a big savings.

Now the road works are over and the new lift is in I cant go past the Scandic front hotel , location great breakfast and friendly staff we'll be back for the 3rd time later this year.

Cant beat looking up to the Royal Palace with a glass of wine on your own room balcony :)

Has anyone had any experience with the Andersen Boutique Hotel? It has good reviews on Trip Advisor, but I haven't seen much about it on Cruise Critic. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Kathy

I had a reservation with them and then realized no AC! Try http://www.oyster.com for some good reviews of Copenhagen hotels.

We recommend the Absalon hotel. Modern and clean and only steps away from the central station. Breakfast is included. Getting to and from the airport was a total breeze given the location. We cabbed it to the port; and then we took the cruise-sponsored bus/shuttle back to the central station...which was again, a short walk. We sandwiched a day before at the Absalon and a day after. Doing sightseeing on both ends. Everything is rather easy to walk to around CPH. Enjoy your visit!

• 2 months later...

We have one day in Copenhagen prior to an August 30th cruise that departs at 10 PM. We would like to ride the HOHO Bus to get around the city before boarding.

Can anyone recommend a hotel that is near one of the stops?

Thank you

We have one day in Copenhagen prior to an August 30th cruise that departs at 10 PM. We would like to ride the HOHO Bus to get around the city before boarding.

Can anyone recommend a hotel that is near one of the stops?

Thank you

The Scandic Front has a stop 200m away from it, its right outside the Admiral Hotel.

Both very good hotels in a great location.

The Scandic Front has a stop 200m away from it, its right outside the Admiral Hotel.

Both very good hotels in a great location.

Great to hear!

Since the Hilton is no longer at the airport, we decided to mix it up a bit and selected the ADMIRAL before our Fall transatlantic!

Looking forward to spending more time in the city and less time taking the train back and forth!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great to hear!

Since the Hilton is no longer at the airport, we decided to mix it up a bit and selected the ADMIRAL before our Fall transatlantic!

Looking forward to spending more time in the city and less time taking the train back and forth!

We are staying at Hotel Kong Arthur in late August. They are 600 metres from Norreport station where the you can get the port buses plus the Airport metro runs into that station. The nearest hoho bus stop is at Rosenburg Palace about 500m away from the hotel.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

Anyone here stay at both the Scandic Palace and the Marriott? Or is there anyone here who thinks one is a better choice than the other?

I stayed in the Marriott last summer. Great location. Walked all over the entire city from here. Also if you have club access they have awesome service and food in the club lounge. Any other questions? Oh ask for a river view room. We could watch the locals jump in the river to swim from our room. Quiet interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forumsfaad7de60055feadd8dfb5625fc15be2.jpg75d88eee654027a6fcc7b4a2288c86e5.jpg

Hotel Bethel in Nyhavn was a great hotel with a good breakfast with great cheese. Location is perfect for walking all over Copenhagen. I would stay there again if I return to Copenhagen. Make sure to take the canal cruise and buy the original Danish pastry...sinful.

I know that I've seen recommended hotels in Copenhagen, but can't find those posts now. We usually stay in Hilton brands hotels, but they recently closed their last hotel in the area.

We are flying in one day before our cruise, and then will be staying 2 nights at the end of our cruise. For our pre-cruise stay, we will probably be jet-lagged and just do some wandering around. We will do our sightseeing in Copenhagen in the two days after our cruise. It will just be my husband and myself.

Based on what we plan to do, what areas would you recommend for each of our two stays? Any specific hotel recommendations? We prefer a room with a king or queen bed, and included breakfast is a plus. We plan to use public transportation from the airport to the hotel, then to the cruise port, and again returning from the cruise port to the hotel and then back to the airport. The two hotel stays do not need to be the same.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Lauri

We have stayed a few times at the Admiral Hotel in central Copenhagen.

Try and get a water view room at the back of the hotel.

It is very close to Nyhaven and the Palace and easy walking distance to the Little Mermaid in one direction and the Stroget a mile long shopping street.

It is about 15 minutes from the airport by taxi and 5 minutes to the port by taxi.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Great to hear!

Try and get a water view room at the back of the hotel.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app