Wbsite Royal pain in the butt

Oh why cant RCI web be as friendly as Carnivals?

Decided to do online check in on RCI, I am the primary guest on the booking reservation and in C&A but low and behold at online check in my wife becomes primary guest? not a problem really until you have to set up onboard expense acc credit card details!

I will be paying with my credit card but only my wife can authorize payment for both of us because in "check in on line"she becomes the primary guest!

There is no option to even split an acc between 2 guests ? or I would have filled in mine and then added the wife.

The frustrating thing is after all online check in is complete with or without my credit card details entered it then comes up me as primary guestclear.png?emoji-mad-1709

What is supposed to happen if 2 people want to pay for their own acc separate? their is no option to pay separate?

For now I have ticked that we both dont want to set up an onboard acc and will yet again have to call RCI to sort out the mess, problem is last time I called they some how changed my first name to my middle name which took a lot of undoing with first advise being insisted I would have to cancel and re book,in the end a senior supervisor sorted it out.

1351796400_50_1_USD_12_dark.png

Ok thanks, last cruise we had to show the credit card at check in anyway.

Just so frustrating! Why would my wife be primary guest in online check in but me as primary in all other documentation?

Thanks

Ok thanks, last cruise we had to show the credit card at check in anyway.

Just so frustrating! Why would my wife be primary guest in online check in but me as primary in all other documentation?

Thanks

Royal's IT logic.:rolleyes:

I can not stand the RCI website,

My reservation randomly disappears for days at a time-

kinda hard to use cruise planner when you can't get to your reservation. If i call they say to wait 72 hours and if doesnt show up by then to call back.

This is the fourth time it has disappeared

I have had fixed early dining confirmed since I booked 3 cabins last February. Noticed yesterday they now have me confirmed for My Time Dining. Will have TA call Tuesday to change back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The new CIO will see to it that these issues are resolved.

Carnival Paradise - August 2015 - 5 nights

Carnival Splendor - August 2016 - 6 nights

Carnival Magic - August 2017 - 8 nights

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - August 2018 - 7 nights (booked)

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - August 2019 - 9 nights (booked)

I have to reset my password absolutely every time I try and login to the My Cruise section. The website never remembers my password and when I manually enter it, I get an error message every time that it’s incorrect. Gets frustrating having to change password every time I try to log in.

Agreed. Royal's website is not user-friendly at all compared to Carnival. I shouldn't have to go to another website(s) to find the specifics I need. If not for other sites out there, I wouldn't know what to expect in say, their kids club for example. They have minimal information on their site, and for someone like me who likes to do expanded research and know what I'm going into, it's frustrating to say the least.

Agreed. Royal's website is not user-friendly at all compared to Carnival. I shouldn't have to go to another website(s) to find the specifics I need. If not for other sites out there, I wouldn't know what to expect in say, their kids club for example. They have minimal information on their site, and for someone like me who likes to do expanded research and know what I'm going into, it's frustrating to say the least.

Agree with this 100%. RCI’s website used to be rather informative and intuitive to use. There is so little information available on it, and what is, is difficult to find.

We always set up separate accounts. I have my own credit card and DH has his own. On the first page just select which person you are completing the SetSail pass information for. Just enter that person's information and print it. Then go back and select the second person and complete the process. It doesn't matter who is primary if you have individual accounts.