Internet question

roseleblanc114

Not 100% positive but it seems that after a period on non-use I would be disconnected. I generally logout if I am not going to be on-line for awhile .

Sometimes it can be very slow and I often wonder how many people are logged on but not using the internet.

Being at sea doesnt matter. You will have it in port too. Sometimes the system keeps you logged in indefinitely, sometimes it kicks you out and you need to sign in again using your password

Thanks. I thought I read at some point that if you were in port, even if you stayed on the ship, you wouldn’t have the internet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had the unlimited internet on our recent Silhouette cruise. I was able to use it through out the cruise up until 7am of the day we disembarked. I also want to add that I had a difficult time getting my phone set up. I went to the iLounge for help and was told Samsung/Android phones tend to be hit or miss with the connection, but once I got connected, I didn't experience any problems

On Silhouette, it logged us out overnight every day

Also on the Infinity: we were logged out every night.

Cautionary tale: a couple of times I forgot to turn on airplane mode/Wi-Fi after Ports with LTE coverage. I did manage to make sure I was connected to Wi-Fi while I was awake [emoji847]. But we were charged $100 for at sea usage by our carrier [emoji44] ( those apps that check location etc). That’s when I learned we weren’t connected to Wi-Fi all night!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have unlimited internet on our upcoming cruise. Once you’re signed in, are you always logged on as long as your at sea? Or do you have to keep logging in with a password?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You have to log in everytime you use your laptop or cell...if you just close laptop and sleep mode you are good for the same day. It will log you out if you switch devices. The internet is pretty fair. On sea days gets a bit sluggish due to the amount of people on it. In the evening it is good enough to stream netflix . It won't let you third party stream...(kodi) or (primewire)....sometimes it lets you but then you get a IP notice..if you log out and get back in you can continue..