Not exactly what I bargained for

RhondaPerr

We have a b2b on the Silhouette. First one ever, (newly retired teacher) and was looking forward to the ease of the end of the first leg. This has all changed because the second leg is now going out of Miami. So basically we come back into Fort Lauderdale, they move our luggage to our new cabin, we have to get off the ship, and take a shore excursion that will then drop us at the Port of Miami..to check in for next leg! After an initial phone call with Customer Service, I called Captains Club and spoke with an absolutely lovely person. I explained the whole situation, I never asked for anything other than better communication from Celebrity, and received some very fair compensation for this hassle. About an hour later I received a call from Celebrity with some updated information. By the end of the second call I felt like they really cared and appreciated greatly the update. This will be Cruises 39/40 overall and why I keep coming back to Celebrity!

I hope your shore excursion to Miami is free. If not, why can't they let you stay on the ship from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, especially if you are willing to do without any guest services during that time?

The PVSA would prevent this. If they stayed on the ship, they would end up being transported from Fort Lauderdale to Miami without a far destination. IMHO, they are lucky they don't need to take their luggage with them.

Jones act says nothing about luggage fortunately!

The PVSA would prevent this. If they stayed on the ship, they would end up being transported from Fort Lauderdale to Miami without a far destination. IMHO, they are lucky they don't need to take their luggage with them.

Yes it’s free...

I hope your shore excursion to Miami is free. If not, why can't they let you stay on the ship from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, especially if you are willing to do without any guest services during that time?