List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna

11 hours ago, HLR said:

Hi! I was on the Regal Princess a few years ago. Gorgeous ship! BUT..No free steam or sauna at that time. Only the paid co-ed spa. I took a tour and I didn't care for it as it was all interior...no windows at all. Though things can change with drydocks...

Do you remember what was in the changing room? Showers, Lockers etc....?

22 hours ago, iramack said:

Do you remember what was in the changing room? Showers, Lockers etc....?

Hmm..I actually don't remember....I just seem to remember the door to the spa was very uninviting....

59 minutes ago, iramack said:

Bummer for Sure!!

Do more homework though....you might find some information you like. I just remember it was one of the most beautiful ships I've been on. It would be the same as Royal Princess I believe.

4 hours ago, AussieVoyager said:

I’m heading off on another QE voyage in a few weeks. They have a nice, free, men-only sauna in the locker room. A great spot for some peace and quiet and a great view of the ocean. 

Is this the Cunard Queen Elizabeth? That is good to know. I wish the Queen Mary had this as they sail out of NYC right near me.

1 hour ago, HLR said:

Is this the Cunard Queen Elizabeth? That is good to know. I wish the Queen Mary had this as they sail out of NYC right near me.

Yes, Cunard Queen Elizabeth. The Queen Victoria is the same, but it’s a shame QM2 doesn’t have a free sauna. 

Has Oceania stopped the free sauna and steam on Riviera and Marina, some one has said that unless you now have concierge staterooms or above then you cannot use this facility unless you pay.

On all our sailings on Riviera we have never paid for the sauna or steam rooms.

I wonder if this is because of their new ship Vista.

4 hours ago, LEESRE said:

Has Oceania stopped the free sauna and steam on Riviera and Marina, some one has said that unless you now have concierge staterooms or above then you cannot use this facility unless you pay.

On all our sailings on Riviera we have never paid for the sauna or steam rooms.

I wonder if this is because of their new ship Vista.

I certainly hope that is not the case as I am sailing next month on Riviera which was chosen for that feature alone!!   Please tell us where this "rumor" comes from.

S

19 hours ago, iramack said:

I certainly hope that is not the case as I am sailing next month on Riviera which was chosen for that feature alone!!   Please tell us where this "rumor" comes from.

S

It was someone who is sailing on Vista and said that you have to be Concierge or above to use the spa free of charge.

I just wonder if they mean the outside deck with the pool.

Perhaps when you cruise on Riviera you can please confirm

Thanks

11 minutes ago, LEESRE said:

It was someone who is sailing on Vista and said that you have to be Concierge or above to use the spa free of charge.

I just wonder if they mean the outside deck with the pool.

Perhaps when you cruise on Riviera you can please confirm

Thanks

Thanks. That is most likely the case and I will definitely confirm the situation upon my return in October.

SM

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 1:07 AM, AussieVoyager said:

They have a nice, free, men-only sauna in the locker room. A great spot for some peace and quiet and a great view of the ocean. 

They have one on the women’s side as well.  Set my expectations a bit high for other ships.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, alexdw said:

Heading out on Oceania Insignia this month.

I see there is a free mens Steam Room, has anyone been on the ship and spent time in it?

I was on the Princess version of the R class ships and the steam room was very nice.  Some interesting conversations were had there.

I am going on Oceania Riviera later this month and very much looking forward to the facilities there as well!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, iramack said:

I was on the Princess version of the R class ships and the steam room was very nice.  Some interesting conversations were had there.

I am going on Oceania Riviera later this month and very much looking forward to the facilities there as well!!

Riviera facilites are far better than Insignia, they have both a sauna and steam room which was FOC

I have rebuilt the Sauna database to the best of my feeble memory. I think I got all the cruise lines and ships back in. I also think I made it editable by anyone.

Please use only a desktop or laptop at this time if adding data. Too great of a chance of messing it up when using a cell phone. I should know. lol

I still have a lot of formatting still to do so don’t worry if it looks weird when adding data.  

If there are suggestions or corrections needed let me know.  Don't forget to report the date when adding data in column O.

Suggest that some of you might want to save copies of this over time in case it ever disappears again.

Cruise Steam/Sauna database

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

I have rebuilt the Sauna database to the best of my feeble memory. I think I got all the cruise lines and ships back in. I also think I made it editable by anyone.

Please use only a desktop or laptop at this time if adding data. Too great of a chance of messing it up when using a cell phone. I should know. lol

I still have a lot of formatting still to do so don’t worry if it looks weird when adding data.  

If there are suggestions or corrections needed let me know.  Don't forget to report the date when adding data in column O.

Suggest that some of you might want to save copies of this over time in case it ever disappears again.

Cruise Steam/Sauna database

Brilliant job - on behalf of all ship-sauna fans, thank you!

11 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

A big thanks to @CruiseMsclDad for providing me with a .pdf of the database with all the data! I will be slowly filling everything back in over the long weekend.

Thanks so much! It looks new big and bold!

On 8/30/2023 at 10:12 PM, jeffro1975 said:

do you by chance know if Harmony of the Seas has free sauna/stream?

I'm not sure if your question was ever answered, but no, unfortunately, all the new build ships from Royal only have thermal suites that are for a fee and are mixed-sex, starting with Oasis/Allure and going forward. And now some of the older ships that had complimentary facilities have been ruined in renovations (the so-called amplification). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...