List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna

1 hour ago, Cruisingfun28 said:

Does anyone know if independence of the seas still has the free sauna and steam room access for guys? 

I was on the Independence last month. Free sauna and steam access for guys is still available.

• Like 1

Will be on B2B Celebrity Constellation next month sailing the Adriatic from Ravenna then the Transatlantic from Civitavecchia. I will let you know the current setup in the men's sauna. 

I don't believe there has been any refurbishment of this ship as stated in the Steam/Sauna database. From what I recall of the four M class ships only the Summit and Millenium have been changed. Constellation still has the big windows overlooking the ocean. Fingers crossed.

• Thanks 1

Great tool for us knowing where we can relax and have a good time without the need for an expensive spa pass 💗 Thx!

Will be on the MSC Seashore next month so it seems I'm lucky - free sauna in the men's locker room. Anyone had any experience on that ship?
-> Message me if you are on this sailing so we can meet up for cocktails! 

The best times I've had in that regard were on the Independence OTS - very large sauna area in the locker room where I had several interesting conversations during my caribbean cruise 💥.

Greetings,
Dennis G

• Like 3

On 9/16/2023 at 7:03 PM, Cruisingfun28 said:

Does anyone know if independence of the seas still has the free sauna and steam room access for guys? 

According to latest version of the Sheets spreadsheet, it still has free steam and sauna single sex

9 hours ago, 2cruiseluvrs said:

You can access and update the list of cruise ship steam rooms and saunas at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ROCmeNSYj_VwCYs3IUjWbrcEomFeqOrvIDUnXG6GLTg/edit

Well that's interesting.

The link is to the old version of the database that "locked up" last month and was no longer accessible to anyone.

Here is the link to the new version I rebuilt this month.

Cruise Steam/Sauna database

Which one are we going to use for reference and updates from this point forward?

Edited by ShipWalker

Was on RCL Allure which has the thermal suite you have to pay for. Bought a pass for the last sea day, knowing it wasn’t conducive to conversations in the spa. But ran into a guy in the men’s change room who was quite chatty and we got to know each other a bit. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, toras said:

Was on RCL Allure which has the thermal suite you have to pay for. Bought a pass for the last sea day, knowing it wasn’t conducive to conversations in the spa. But ran into a guy in the men’s change room who was quite chatty and we got to know each other a bit. 

Is the Thermal suite worth it however? Are they nice facilities?

31 minutes ago, HLR said:

Is the Thermal suite worth it however? Are they nice facilities?

There are four heated ceramic loungers, two steam rooms and one dry sauna. Also some fancy showers like ice mist, waterfall.  It can be relaxing for a day, ($35 on my cruise) but I personally don’t find the value to get it for the whole week ( hundred something dollars). The men’s change room has 4 showers (one is a large accessible one with a curtain, the others with frosted doors) and lockers. It’s next to the spa and the desk is right there so you can’t just waltz in without paying for the spa or a treatment.

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2021 at 4:00 PM, LiftingDad said:

First of all the spread sheet is awesome, it must have taken a long time to make it, I will be planning several cruises now that I am vaccinated. Being a guy hooking into lifting all my life I really need a good sauna/steam daily and enjoy it also pre dinner. I love the camaraderie of single sex facilities, and I have met some great men, had some great discussions. Taking my son on his first cruise, so this spreadsheet will help! Anyone feeling like chatting about the best facilities that they have experience, feel free to contact me.

Mark
newsenmark@gmail.com

09.31.15A.jpg

You are not this person "Mark" ... this is a picture of youtuber MattDoesFitness https://www.youtube.com/@MattDoesFitness
Don't use other people's pictures, catfish or scam people! 

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2023 at 7:03 PM, Cruisingfun28 said:

Yes, the Indy has very nice large steam and sauna in the changing rooms.

On 8/16/2023 at 3:22 PM, iramack said:

I certainly hope that is not the case as I am sailing next month on Riviera which was chosen for that feature alone!!   Please tell us where this "rumor" comes from.

S

I am back from my Riviera Cruise and I am happy to report that the Steam and Sauna facilities are indeed still FREE! They were moderately active during my two week cruise.

They are located in the spa area across from the access to the therapy pool and outdoor sun deck which IS for paid/suite/concierge class passengers only. Access with suite room key only!

Cheers

Steve

Edited by iramack
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2023 at 10:42 AM, CruiseMsclDad said:

Hi Guys,

I created a simple 9 page PDF of the current sauna/steam database. Its just a bit more compact and easier to reference for some guys.

Happy to share here is my email cruisemscldad@proton.me

Mitch

Hi.jpg

Hey Mitch! Tried to email you and it didn't work....would like to talk to you more.

https://cruisefever.net/carnivals-upgrade-dry-dock-schedule-2023-2024/

Above is a refurbishment schedule for Carnival. What I find somewhat frustrating is the uncertainty of booking without knowing if a refurbishment will happen between the time of booking and the time of sailing and whether it involves parts of the ship that I am interested in. I'm not sure how accurate this schedule is but it is something to consider before buying a Carnival cruise. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 1:25 AM, lrskier said:

Yes, the Indy has very nice large steam and sauna in the changing rooms.

I was on Indy last year and like it's sister ship Liberty, had the large stream room and sauna.  I'm really bummed that neither ship is sailing out of Galveston anymore.  I had my usual routine of working out in the gym and then relaxing in the the steam room & sauna.

• Like 1

I was on MSC Seashore just last week and took pictures of the free sauna in the gym men's changing room. If you walk into the gym it is a little to the left at the back. After this door you can see directly into the sauna. The sauna is smal but free. Very little attendance 4 days I was there. The changing room is modern & large and  there are 3 showers that have front doors that don't close 100% but are in a seperate section. Also little attendance.

Entrance to men's changing room
 395805344_192918153787493_7185211867768509249_n.thumb.jpg.9911c7dc5d182a17c2f0313fffc0ff14.jpg

Entrance to sauna

395536939_1248909446511925_856926620397428475_n.thumb.jpg.37a8049f54e417f0143b7f911fe82779.jpg

Sauna

368033387_977969459970357_371548188028126230_n.thumb.jpg.3c4f4bcce6787c1013b16fe2711cd10a.jpg

Changing room

371545369_1393235271264088_1806375227092183090_n.thumb.jpg.97f1eb79467c0aaf5638e4da2e37979e.jpg

Seperate showers

396669423_184561108039116_2685297582457702558_n.thumb.jpg.9ba4e9dd220525081d355e35f3fcc831.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hi all!

Thinking about sailing the Celebrity Eclipse when it sails out of Cape Liberty Bayonne summer of 2024. I checked the list and it says there is a small free sauna. Yay! Has anyone been on the Eclipse this year to confirm/update that? [There is no verification date on the sheet]  Thanks!