Carnival Triumph fails CDC inspection

Presentation

JANUARY 03, 2018 05:47 PM

Flies in the food preparation areas. Milk, cheese, eggs and yogurt kept in too-hot temperatures. Soiled and clogged machinery.

These were some of the conditions uncovered by two inspectors from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention during a routine November inspection of the Carnival Triumph.

To read more...

http://amp.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article192829164.html

We were on in December and on the 23rd they were expecting a new inspection so this is likely old news. Triumph was one of the best ships we have been on - great crew and things ran like clockwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think this is good news for those of us on cruises after that one - they'll be scouring everything on all the ships to make sure that everything is inspection-ready! Not that they shouldn't be all the time, but these things seem to snowball.

I believe this is the second Carnival ship to have failed an inspection.

Wondering how many heads will roll.

That was only reported on crewsweeper' date=' and is not validated by the CDC website. In fact, while reviewing [b']every[/b] score for Carnival going back to 2000, while there have been some low scores, this appears to be the only failure across the fleet during this time frame.

Not sure if "heads will roll", but certainly senior management needs to be reprimanded for allowing a general lack of awareness of sanitation requirements. This is why at NCL, we did a "USPH inspection" every week, using nearly every supervisor on the ship. Each area was inspected as a USPH inspector would, by a team of two supervisors, one from the area being inspected, and one from a completely different department, to provide "fresh eyes" to see things that the people in the area go "blind" to. Certainly, the Staff Captain, HD, F&B Director, Executive Chef, Staff Chief Engineer, and Sanitation Supervisor need a large kick in the butt to get training, and the "mind set" where USPH procedures are second nature, back to where it needs to be.

Edited by chengkp75

That was only reported on crewsweeper, and is not validated by the CDC website. In fact, while reviewing every score for Carnival going back to 2000, while there have been some low scores, this appears to be the only failure across the fleet during this time frame.

Not sure if "heads will roll", but certainly senior management needs to be reprimanded for allowing a general lack of awareness of sanitation requirements. This is why at NCL, we did a "USPH inspection" every week, using nearly every supervisor on the ship. Each area was inspected as a USPH inspector would, by a team of two supervisors, one from the area being inspected, and one from a completely different department, to provide "fresh eyes" to see things that the people in the area go "blind" to. Certainly, the Staff Captain, HD, F&B Director, Executive Chef, Staff Chief Engineer, and Sanitation Supervisor need a large kick in the butt to get training, and the "mind set" where USPH procedures are second nature, back to where it needs to be.

Fascination failed in 2013 and 2016 with a score of 84 each time 354c1026a325ab870bfcfbb817f15edb.jpg

Legend received an 83 in April 2017

6c438ae29408984e18bef5e0b5d355ea.jpg

Edited by DaytonCruiser

Flies in the food preparation areas. Milk, cheese, eggs and yogurt kept in too-hot temperatures. Soiled and clogged machinery.

These were some of the conditions uncovered by two inspectors from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention during a routine November inspection of the Carnival Triumph.

To read more...

That is not the only one not passing and i bet John Heald will not share that info on his FB page.

To read more...

Thanks for the info.

I sailed on Triumph in September and the ship showed a lot of wear and tear but we had fun anyway and did not have any issues with spoiled food or getting sick. I thought the food was pretty good with the exception of the buffet - but I haven’t cared for the buffet on any ship I’ve been on so that was no surprise. I am surprised to hear this news.

That is not the only one not passing and i bet John Heald will not share that info on his FB page.

Well duh, he's not paid to share bad news about his employer. I love John's page but he's not an independent source. He's there to project a positive brand image for Carnival.

Sent from my iPad using Forums