What Have I Done?

Sarcastic Mama

I agreed to take my daughter and her BFF on the Liberty this June. Both girls are 17, I will be the only adult, and the high pitched screams of joy gave me a headache. My husband can't go and has already said better you than me. I may need to purchase the drink package and reserve a chair on the serenity deck. :D:cocktail:

God Bless You, Sarcastic Mama! That's teenage girl drama. doubled! The highs and lows are so much more extreme at that age!

But seriously you're building some happy memories, which eventually your hubby will regret not sharing! So go with Cheers, reserve that chair on Serenity and have a great time!

I agreed to take my daughter and her BFF on the Liberty this June. Both girls are 17, I will be the only adult, and the high pitched screams of joy gave me a headache. My husband can't go and has already said better you than me. I may need to purchase the drink package and reserve a chair on the serenity deck. :D:cocktail:

What's the concern? That they'll do something or that they will rat you out?

I actually think 17 is better than a pair of 14 yr olds!!!!

At 17 they have made some choices and hopefully learned a few life lessons.

At 14 they are really earning those snarky teenage points.

I say make plans to meet every evening to dine and even splurge for a speciality venue, get some nice wine, a few dozen good frozen drinks and reserve a chair...maybe a massage.

ENJOY!

Be sure they go to appropriate club the first night to meet other kids of their age.

Within your rules let them hang out especially on sea days, within an established curfew.

I insist on dinner together every night. Assigned early dining helps with this. Non negotiable.

Use post it notes to allow you and them some leeway for changes in daily plans.

Most of all, simply enjoy, and let them enjoy, the magnanimous gift you are giving them.

Happy sailing.

Good luck !!!

When I was in high school, my friend's parents took 4 (yes, FOUR) of us teenage girls + their 2 other daughters + grandma on a week-long cruise. I have so many memories from that cruise, and it got me hooked on cruising even back when ships were "tiny." They'll have memories to last a lifetime, and so will you. Wine never hurts either, though. Enjoy!!

I would suggest meeting point throughout the day to make sure all is ok. I never was one to let them run all day without some kind of touch base.

The three of you will have so much fun! I wished I would have done something like that when mine was younger!