"No Show" or Cancel

sunlite

First of all, no insurance but that is ok.

Cruise is Paid in full and leaves in a week. There are 3 adults in a cabin. All purchased Cheers.

One person can no longer go and we will not replace that person.

Was just going to do a "no show" but will that person get a refund for Cheers and port.

no reason to cancel because we booked early saver and no insurance and are fine with not getting a refund for the cruise but would like refund for cheers but heard that you have to cancel cheers in advance, in that case would have to do a Cancel versus "no Show". Correct?

Probably better to "cancel." I read somewhere that Cheers becomes nonrefundable after 10pm the night before the cruise.

Yes i read that somewhere to. Will i get gratuities and port taxes if i cancel? Do you know? Thank yoy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even if you don't cancel the person cruising, get the Cheers! refunded now. It can't be canceled on the day of sailing (as far as what the Carnival website says).
Pretty sure the only way to get the Cheers package refunded is to also cancel the person in the cabin it was purchased for, since Cheers is either all or none.

Even if you don't cancel the person cruising, get the Cheers! refunded now. It can't be canceled on the day of sailing (as far as what the Carnival website says).

But then i would have to refund cheers for all 3 and the other 2 still want it and they got a discounted price bc purchased before Jan 1

Pretty sure the only way to get the Cheers package refunded is to also cancel the person in the cabin it was purchased for, since Cheers is either all or none.

Thanks, yes agree. I think i will cancel the person.

Ah yes, of course. Overlooked that detail.

Yep, best to just cancel the whole person. Well, their whole booking...

We cancelled a third person in our room with an early saver fare. The cruise was re-booked at the current price which was 440.00 more than the original fare. If the situation were to occur again, we would just have the third person be a no-show.

• Like 1

I would say call Carnival and ask what (if any) you would be charged to cancel third person. Then you can decide if it's cheaper to do a no show and let the third person also lose their cheers money or cancel them all together. I would hate to pay more than I expected because some canceled on me.

Thanks all. Carnival said i would not pay any extra to cancel the 3rd. They will refund gratuities, port fees and cheers for that person. Or i can add someone for $169

For $169.00, I can make myself available! :evilsmile:

Thanks all. Carnival said i would not pay any extra to cancel the 3rd. They will refund gratuities, port fees and cheers for that person. Or i can add someone for $169

Just make sure anybody you invite wants to buy Cheers! :tropical-drink:

A cancellation of the third guest may result in you being moved to another cabin that has double occupancy. As triples are highly sought after. If the fare has gone up any..then you may have to pay the difference. Also, with cancellation on early saver the third guest will get a future cruise credit and not refund on cruise fare and a $25 admin fee. But will get the port fees and taxes back automatically.

A cancellation of the third guest may result in you being moved to another cabin that has double occupancy. As triples are highly sought after. If the fare has gone up any..then you may have to pay the difference. Also, with cancellation on early saver the third guest will get a future cruise credit and not refund on cruise fare and a $25 admin fee. But will get the port fees and taxes back automatically.

Good thing its sold out! Leavin in 3 days