Oasis of the Seas @ Port Canaveral -- parking at cruise lot

Beukeboom

We always just park and roll the bags down. Seems like every time we are there it's easier that way

When you say roll the bags down, do you mean the ramp where you come in or is there another ramp somewhere? We normally take the steps or elevator. We get there early enough to park on the first level after paying.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/FY2018/FY-2018-Cruise-Schedule.pdf

Looks like the Oasis and the Majesty are the only ships using Terminal 1 as an embarkation port. Other ships may use it, but only as a port of call, which wouldn't affect parking.

Thanks for the update and link.

When you say roll the bags down, do you mean the ramp where you come in or is there another ramp somewhere? We normally take the steps or elevator. We get there early enough to park on the first level after paying.

No we just just take the steps and/or elevator. I just meant we don't stop first and drop off the bags

I thought I read that Epic also uses Terminal 1.

I am not sure it does any longer. I had thought all NCL ships are using 10 now. John probably knows. Will check with my neighbor...she is not fond of checking in NCL passengers when she works at #1. Not sure why they are different. :o

I will check with her if Epic still goes there. Just sent her an email, will find out shortly. Oh never mind...just clicked on that link. I was right...Epic now at #10.

I thought I read that Epic also uses Terminal 1.

Epic used 1 for a season because they were updating 10 after Freedom left. As I recall, Explorer used 1 for a bit before Enchantment and Freedom moved over. Explorer had odd boarding days because of the 9 day schedule.

I might be wrong, I was still commuting back and forth to Atlanta in 2015

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Epic used 1 for a season because they were updating 10 after Freedom left. As I recall, Explorer used 1 for a bit before Enchantment and Freedom moved over. Explorer had odd boarding days because of the 9 day schedule.

Explorer must have been at PC right when T1 was being finished because we did one of those Explorer Southern Caribbean cruises out of PC, and it was out of T10.

Neighbor who does check in at terminal #1 confirmed no more NCL ships, including Epic, at that terminal. They are indeed at #10 now.

Now back to just two RCI ships at #1...perhaps getting ready to bring in a third? Plenty of room there!! :D Hope..hope..hope!! Please...please RCI??!! :o:halo:

Explorer must have been at PC right when T1 was being finished because we did one of those Explorer Southern Caribbean cruises out of PC, and it was out of T10.

We also...but it came in on one...and left out of another...I think one of the old terminals further east. Happy we had taxi pick up at that time!

I think it finished in January or February. A couple months late. 😉

I still worry about Miami finishing on time. PC had almost a 1 year cushion before Oasis arrived. 😱

I would say "Miami's problem"...but are you taking one out of the soon to be new terminal? That would indeed be something to follow.

I would say "Miami's problem"...but are you taking one out of the soon to be new terminal? That would indeed be something to follow.

There is sporadic interest in following the new terminal construction. Lots more interest when T1 in PC was going up.

• 5 months later...

I have a personal camera rig that I keep in a wheeled case specifically designed for camera equipment. I prefer to keep it with me for boarding. Is that allowed on RC cruises? Or am I required to leave all luggage with porters? I am planning on boarding as early as possible and setting up for photos & video in time for departure.

I have a personal camera rig that I keep in a wheeled case specifically designed for camera equipment. I prefer to keep it with me for boarding. Is that allowed on RC cruises? Or am I required to leave all luggage with porters? I am planning on boarding as early as possible and setting up for photos & video in time for departure.

If it will fit through the scanner (Similar to the airport) then you can bring it on. If it doesn't then you'll need to check it in.

If it will fit through the scanner (Similar to the airport) then you can bring it on. If it doesn't then you'll need to check it in.

Where do they have the scanner located? If it won't fit and have to check it in how long, approximately, will it take for them to get it to my cabin? I plan on boarding as early as possible. FWIW my wife and I will be staying in a grand suite if that makes any difference for boarding.