Carnival Cheers Program

dvickferr

Hello!

I'm new here so please forgive me if this question has already been asked.

I am going on a Carnival cruise with my 16yr old grandson in March. My grandson doesn't drink a lot of soda, but does like specialty coffees,. smoothies, and water. I know that one of the rules of the Cheers program is no sharing of cocktails, but says nothing about non alcoholic drinks. If I purchase the Cheers program, can I order the non alcoholic drinks and give them to him? Like I said, he doesn't drink a lot of soda (I drink none) so I don't think the Bubble program will work for him.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

I think the rules for Cheers! is simply "no sharing". Period.

That being said, if you are not going to abuse it much, just order the coffee as if it was for yourself, and hand it to him around the corner. I'm sure most will also suggest that better yet, just pony up the $3.

I am still deciding if the Cheers program is worth it at all. I do enjoy a couple cocktails, but will not be drinking everyday. I was just wondering if anyone had shared the non alcoholic drinks. I might just go with the general cruise cash. I think that they can be used for just about anything. Anyone have experience with them?

I am still deciding if the Cheers program is worth it at all. I do enjoy a couple cocktails, but will not be drinking everyday. I was just wondering if anyone had shared the non alcoholic drinks. I might just go with the general cruise cash. I think that they can be used for just about anything. Anyone have experience with them?

Someone posted an Excel spreadsheet on how to figure out how much you are spending on the drinks. It was very helpful. i saved it and will attached it here for your help.

Carnival Beverage Package Evaluator (1).xls

An idea is to put the equivalent of the cost of Cheers on your account before you go. If you don't drink much and neither does the other person then you won't exceed it. You'll know the cost is covered and can proceed without worrying about it.

Someone posted an Excel spreadsheet on how to figure out how much you are spending on the drinks. It was very helpful. i saved it and will attached it here for your help.

Ok so this spreadsheet was an immense help!! Figuring in what I think I will drink, the Cheers program is what I should go for. Thank you!

With the help of the spreadsheet Ricew001 gave me, it is to my benefit to get the Cheers program. I think I will get my grandson the Cruise Cash, then he can get what he wants. Thank you everyone for your help!

I'm not sure the benefit of buying cruise cash ahead of time' date=' vs. just charging it to the sail and sign card, and paying the bill after (this can be by cash at guest services, or credit).

Cruise cash is also non-refundable. If your grandson doesn't use it, he loses it![/quote']

Good point! I don't see him spending that much money on drinks, plus he is bringing his own spending money. So I'll just charge the S&S card and pay at the end. I don't want to end up giving them any more money than I have to lol!

I'm not sure the benefit of buying cruise cash ahead of time' date=' vs. just charging it to the sail and sign card, and paying the bill after (this can be by cash at guest services, or credit).

Cruise cash is also non-refundable. If your grandson doesn't use it, he loses it![/quote']

What exactly is the point of cruise cash? If I can use my credit card against the Sign&Sail, what benefit could I possibly get from using a non-refundable pre-paid credit? Is it useful for kids, or careless adults I suppose, so that you can assign a certain amount of cash for them to spend without worrying about it going over?

Sorry, this is probably answered in a million other threads, just piqued my interested when I read about it here...

What exactly is the point of cruise cash? If I can use my credit card against the Sign&Sail, what benefit could I possibly get from using a non-refundable pre-paid credit? Is it useful for kids, or careless adults I suppose, so that you can assign a certain amount of cash for them to spend without worrying about it going over?

Sorry, this is probably answered in a million other threads, just piqued my interested when I read about it here...

I think the point of cruise cash is more so that other people can gift it to you.

Really? I fund my S&S card with gift cards and typically buy a small amount of Cruise Cash so that I don't have to worry about getting them applied at Guest Services right away. Does that seriously make me careless?

Really? I fund my S&S card with gift cards and typically buy a small amount of Cruise Cash so that I don't have to worry about getting them applied at Guest Services right away. Does that seriously make me careless?

No, nothing like that.

I was thinking of so-called adults that tend to find ways to spend lots and lots of someone else's money. There are folks that would find a way to buy a new truck on a cruise if they thought they could get someone else to pay for it through a S&S card.

To the original OP question. Did your son pay for the drink? That would be like going to an amusement park and justifying only paying 1 entrance fee because you are only going to ride the roller coaster and the person with you is only going to ride the bumper cars.