Shaq-Yea or Nay

winddawn

If a brand has to attach celebrity endorsements to it in order to attract new business, then there is something wrong with the brand. This isn't 1950 anymore.

Everybody does it. There are professional athletes who make more in endorsements than they do playing their sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What I'm saying is it isn't needed and looks bad in light of the recent takeaways.

I don’t think they care. We’re in the minority. Thousands of people are on my cruises and we struggle to get 25 people to sign up for a C.C. meet and greet.

Steve, the cruise port is Galveston, which is in Texas. Galveston serves as the cruise port for 3 of 7 largest cities in the U.S., all within a short 3 hour ride to the port. These are Houston, San Antonio and Dallas. I can go deeper into Carnival's relationship with Texas and COWBOYS if you want.

Tim is a minor leaguer for the Mets, arguably one of the worst franchises in MLB. Before we go there, the Mets play in Queens NY which is also a cruise port.

Even though what you're saying is total hyperbole re: Galveston, there's no way your first post clearly conveyed these "facts". Putting all of that aside and accepting some truth in those statements, why didn't CCL go after a Texas star then? Tony Romo is already the best color commentator in sports and is still fresh in the mind of fans as a player. A Rod was a great Ranger in addition to connections to Miami, New York and speaking Spanish. Both probably look better with their shirts and shoes off (look up the disgusting video of Shaq feet!). I'm glad I'm not a shareholder.

I'm just going to ignore the statements re: Tebow. Just Jimbo being Jimbo I guess:halo:

Even though what you're saying is total hyperbole re: Galveston, there's no way your first post clearly conveyed these "facts". Putting all of that aside and accepting some truth in those statements, why didn't CCL go after a Texas star then? Tony Romo is already the best color commentator in sports and is still fresh in the mind of fans as a player. A Rod was a great Ranger in addition to connections to Miami, New York and speaking Spanish. Both probably look better with their shirts and shoes off (look up the disgusting video of Shaq feet!). I'm glad I'm not a shareholder.

I'm just going to ignore the statements re: Tebow. Just Jimbo being Jimbo I guess:halo:

I clarified for you. It is all facts, you can accept it or not. I have no idea why they went they way they did. Next time I talk to someone on the mgt team I will suggest they contact you for advice and counsel. I am pretty sure the adds for Carnival will require shirts, but more good advice I will pass along if I get the chance.

I will move now, but keep the good work!

Kazzam is objectively one of the worst movies ever. His rap albums are made fun of. I’m not arguing he wasn’t a great player but he was a great player a relatively long time ago. Further he was one of the stars his whole career but never THE star of the league like Tebow was his three years as a starter in college. LOL at Shaq having advanced degrees. I have gone to battle with my university about cheapening our degrees basically giving them to athletes and actors who take classes as their schedules allow. They are often very nice people but they always put in the minimum effort and we are forced to pass them.

Tebow would be pointless. That would be like putting Billy Clements in commercials.

I don't care much, either way, but as a stock holder I kind of think that it might be a waste of money. In any case, he's GOT to be better than George Lopez! :')

"SKY"

Good point, SkyMaster. You'd think by now Carnival would have learned these highly paid celebrity endorsements are pretty much worthless. As a shareholder,I'd much rather see Carnival spend that money on something that brings value to the brand (especially in this era of cutbacks).

7 foot Nay! First, I just don’t think Shaq is funny or entertaining. He was a great basketball player but that has nothing to do with cruising. Michael Phelps would be a more appropriate person.

Isn't Michael Phelps the pot smoker? Or am I thinking of the wrong person.

As for Shaq - I guess he's as good as any, He doesn't do anything for me though and I feel it's a waste of money. That being said, he seems like an upbeat kinda guy, portrays the "fun" that Carnival is know for I suppose.

Isn't Michael Phelps the pot smoker? Or am I thinking of the wrong person.

I forgot all about the Phelps dope scandal actually. I just figured swimming and cruising were something that would be easy to die together. He was a big eater, maybe watch Phelps eat 8 lobster tails or Guy's Burgers! I believe he's from Baltimore which is my favorite. Tebow may be better choice given scandal but Phelps does have a bit of upside!