Reservations for Specialty Restaurants

Marie50

You go online, on the o website, login, and under your account info, on the date (at 12:01 AM est) you will have the opportunity to register for your specialty restaurant reservations. You can chose to dine for table of 2 or optional “sharing”. On the Oceania website up under Dining, is the following:

When can I make reservations in the specialty restaurants?

Specialty restaurant reservations may be made in advance in the Booked Cruises section of My Account on our website, or by phone, according to the schedule below, and may be changed up until 7 days prior to sailing. Reservations must be paid in full prior to making reservations. Reservations may also be made onboard. Guests with priority embarkation privileges (Concierge and above) will have Priority Reservations from 11:00am until 1:00pm in Polo Grill. Guests in other staterooms can make their specialty restaurant reservations from 1:00pm - 5pm.

Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite

Advance reservations may be made on the date final payment is due and has been received, which varies between 90 and 150 days, depending on length of sailing.

Penthouse Suite

Reservations may be made 75 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.

Concierge Level Veranda

Reservations may be made 60 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.

All Other Categories

Reservations may be made 45 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.

• Like 1

yes on line as soon as they clear your cabin class...before the cruise

However , folks make this a big deal because if your on a 14 day or longer, from experience on 9 cruises, you can pretty much get anything you want every day by stopping by reception in the Terrace cafe... early is always good. I have almost never missed out.. Be flexible and share and your in like flynn ! Dont stress over advanced reservations Too a lot of folks cancel or miss their reservation, more than you would think.... stop by in the evening too at the venue you seek. A rolly ocean can be a blessing...I remember sailing Alaska outside passage that every restaurant was less than 40% full because of mal du mere. I am not one after years on a 365 ft 2100 ton Destroyer...Tin can's for ever

• 2 years later...

Hawaiidan, Having served on USS Essex I will attest to the fact that you got a permanent cure for mal du mere. I watched as DDs in rescue destroyer duty were thrown about mercilessly. We were 33,000 tons and I never had a problem but in one storm 2/3 of the crew was hors de combat. 

On 1/21/2018 at 6:36 PM, Classiccruiser777 said:

Precedence is based on cabin category, the higher the category the earlier reservations can be made. If you don’t get the reservation times you like you may talk with staff after boarding.

We've sailed both in a penthouse and in an oceanview and this precedence can make a big difference. When reservations opened up for us in the penthouse we had run of the mill-- when we were sailing in the oceanview there was basically just 9pm left on any given day as the good times had been picked over by those in higher categories a few weeks earlier.

What we found though was you can pretty much switch to most earlier times once you get onboard on embarkation day. If you are in a lower category and don't see a time you want, make a reservation for any time on the day you would prefer, and then talk to them on the day of embarkation and they will usually move it up.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, newlondon said:

Hawaiidan, Having served on USS Essex I will attest to the fact that you got a permanent cure for mal du mere. I watched as DDs in rescue destroyer duty were thrown about mercilessly. We were 33,000 tons and I never had a problem but in one storm 2/3 of the crew was hors de combat. 

turn 2, shipmate......save some gedunks  and pogie bait for me!!!