Jewel Cabin Selection help

I am trying to book a balcony room and there isn't much left. My choices are:

Do any of you have opinions about any of these cabins? My daughter and I just returned from our Carnival cruise and had an interior cabin, which we didn't mind at all. We loved the cruise so much I'm booking our second but I want to experience a balcony. Even though I'm looking at January, 2019, the list above is all that's left (without incurring an additional $188). I obviously need to book this soon. Would appreciate any help.

Opt for any as close to mid-ship - aft as possible. I would personally avoid those too far forward..so looks to me like #7640 & 7642. But do remember to call RCI directly for an updated list and keep checking once you've booked for better locations..it happens often and as long as you stay in the exact same category it's easy to change cabin location. Best of luck and enjoy.

I agree with Ashland. If those are the only cabins showing on RC's website, there are probably others available. Either call them or call a travel agent. Travel agencies hold blocks of cabins for their customers. These will be released closer to sailing date.

If you have no luck now, at the time of final payment, cabins will open up and you can switch.

I am trying to book a balcony room and there isn't much left.

I just pulled up all 4 sailings for Jewel in Jan 2019, and all 4 of them have at ton of 6D balcony cabins. Where are you seeing only these 14 choices? What's your sailing date?

I just pulled up all 4 sailings for Jewel in Jan 2019, and all 4 of them have at ton of 6D balcony cabins. Where are you seeing only these 14 choices? What's your sailing date?

I have to sail on 1/6 (or 1/5, I can’t remember) to work around my daughter’s break from school. Looking to do southern Caribbean out of San Juan.

Yep, I see 1/5. So the least expensive balconies are 6D. Personally most 7th deck balconies on this ship would drive me nuts in that you have a large protruding white canopy cover that covers the life boats right below you're cabin. You can't see straight down and it's definitely in view when you're on your cabin.

The image below is from another thread explaining specific cabins, however note the black arrow at cabin# 7584... that's the same white canopy cover towards the back of the ship with cabins 7640 & 7642. Look at your deck plans of the ship... all of the "indented" cabin locations will look down onto the white cover... the higher the deck the less effect it will have

Jewel%207584_zpswkvpjydt.jpg

Now note the picture below.... note the black arrow on deck 7. Any cabin forward of this arrow (and you have several on your list) are extremely large on deck and no white cover below you! The extend out quite a bit, but note that fellow cruisers on deck 8 can look down onto you as only half your cabin is under cover.

Jewel%20front_zps0we7rwcw.jpg

I stayed in the black arrow cabin (7546) as well as the 8th deck red arrow (8542). Note the image below.... from 7546 sailing into Cannes. Note my view at the edge of the white cover compared to what that fellow cruiser about 10 cabins in would have with the white cover below

DSC02136_zpskdluiqa2.jpg

So having said the above, one of the daily and nightly joys of this ship is the Centrum glass elevators. Being center and aft also brings you closer to most things no the ship. I did not like the forward location of the stateroom and would prefer mid to aft. I see plenty of 6D cabins on deck 8 aft available to you at this time and would choose one of those in a heart beat compared to anything else you've posted so far. I see 8150 and 8648 as available. My second choice would be any of the forward cabins with the larger balconies.

Good luck!

Hoopster95 I don't want to requote all of your photos but this is an excellent explanation and illustration of the lifeboat covers on Jewel of the Seas. Especially that last photo with the man in black looking out instead of down.

Yep, I see 1/5. So the least expensive balconies are 6D. Personally most 7th deck balconies on this ship would drive me nuts in that you have a large protruding white canopy cover that covers the life boats right below you're cabin. You can't see straight down and it's definitely in view when you're on your cabin.

The image below is from another thread explaining specific cabins, however note the black arrow at cabin# 7584... that's the same white canopy cover towards the back of the ship with cabins 7640 & 7642. Look at your deck plans of the ship... all of the "indented" cabin locations will look down onto the white cover... the higher the deck the less effect it will have

Jewel%207584_zpswkvpjydt.jpg

Now note the picture below.... note the black arrow on deck 7. Any cabin forward of this arrow (and you have several on your list) are extremely large on deck and no white cover below you! The extend out quite a bit, but note that fellow cruisers on deck 8 can look down onto you as only half your cabin is under cover.

Jewel%20front_zps0we7rwcw.jpg

I stayed in the black arrow cabin (7546) as well as the 8th deck red arrow (8542). Note the image below.... from 7546 sailing into Cannes. Note my view at the edge of the white cover compared to what that fellow cruiser about 10 cabins in would have with the white cover below

DSC02136_zpskdluiqa2.jpg

So having said the above, one of the daily and nightly joys of this ship is the Centrum glass elevators. Being center and aft also brings you closer to most things no the ship. I did not like the forward location of the stateroom and would prefer mid to aft. I see plenty of 6D cabins on deck 8 aft available to you at this time and would choose one of those in a heart beat compared to anything else you've posted so far. I see 8150 and 8648 as available. My second choice would be any of the forward cabins with the larger balconies.

Good luck!

You are amazing! Thank you for taking the time to put all that together.

I just got off the phone with RCI and they can offer me either room 8026 or 8638. Any thoughts on those? I’m not sure if the front or the rear of the shop is better?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got off the phone with RCI and they can offer me either room 8026 or 8638. Any thoughts on those? I’m not sure if the front or the rear of the shop is better?

8638 is an excellent choice here imo. It is a short walk half way from Centrum to aft of the ship. Remember my post above... the focal point of Radiance Class ships is the Centrum area... you tend to go through there multiple times daily/nightly. I hated using the forward elevators... zero view, not close to anywhere I spent my time, far from the lounges, etc. So with 8638 you get the proximity of the Centrum and most of the ship's venues via the glass elevators

8638 = red arrow

DSC02860_zpsacrh7f7z.jpg

DSC02862_zps1vgwln1v.jpg

Edited by Hoopster95

Glad you made the call (you can never assume what's showing on the website is accurate) and were given other options. I'm sure you'll enjoy #8638. But do keep check you could end up doing better especially once final payment is due.