Earliest flight from Fort Lauderdale on the Allure that I can make

Sergio11

I am confused. Why spend all that money on a lovely cruise only to stress out at the last moment of your vacation. If there is an emergency on board or a delay at customs, or weather issues, (it is August 2018 correct your cruise - well that is hurricane season!!!!), why would you book such as early flight. I know early flights are cheaper but so are later ones, like 7 or 8 pm. If money is the issue, book later for the same cheap price as an early flight, rent a car, go shopping and then make the later flight. That is what we do. I cruise five to six times per year. I would never book something so very early. All the posters who are boasting of making their 9 am flights are doing you a true disservice by saying, we did it and we were fine. But as they say live and learn.

Usually the early flights are cheaper and have a higher likelihood of being nonstop. There is so often the frustrating gap between "9-10am flights", and "2-4pm" flights, with very few falling in the magic cruise departure range that is recommended.

Everyone gets to choose their own level of risk, because we're all adults.

True, that's why I said "and other low cost carriers". American, Delta, and United will have options.

My point was more that even if an airline has options, you don't just walk over to another ticket desk and get rebooked on another airline. for free by showing them your ticket. If you miss the flight because you just didn't get to the airport in time, you're likely out of luck. It's considered your own fault, so the airline has no obligation to you.

I’m booked on Spirit Air on March 24 for a 9:25 flight after a Harmony cruise. I always do self assist and am usually at airport by 7:30. That being said this is the earliest flight I have ever booked.

Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m booked on Spirit Air on March 24 for a 9:25 flight after a Harmony cruise. I always do self assist and am usually at airport by 7:30. That being said this is the earliest flight I have ever booked.

Fingers crossed!

For that flight I think I'd be in the self-assist line at 5am.

For that flight I think I'd be in the self-assist line at 5am.

Will do!

Can never seem to sleep anyway, The night before self embark. I do have Global Entry which has been helpful. I will report back ...

Here’s what we did. Booked a 9:30 am flight AND a later one. It was a SW so no problem canceling g and banking it for a later date. (We fly often to see grandkids, so no chance we wouldn’t need it!) we walked off, got through customs, and grabbed a cab and were at our gate 7:45!!!

We always stay at the Marriott Harbor Beach following our cruise. I would never want to get up at 4am to get in line by 5am. That doesn’t sound like a pleasant way to end a vacation. I hope everything goes smooth for all the early flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There’s a thread from today of Allure arriving late at the port at 6:50am, but unsure why the late arrival. That’s cutting it way too close for me with that time!

Allure is returning from a dry dock and has no passengers today.

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I am reporting back...... was on Harmony 2 weeks ago. did self assist disembark. I was filing out of the Royal Promenade at 6:30, grabbed a taxi and was at the Fort Laud airport by 7:05, plenty of time for my 9:25 departure.

Cheers!

Hello!

I am reporting back...... was on Harmony 2 weeks ago. did self assist disembark. I was filing out of the Royal Promenade at 6:30, grabbed a taxi and was at the Fort Laud airport by 7:05, plenty of time for my 9:25 departure.

Cheers!

Trhanks for reporting back! We sail Allure in August and I have a 9:15 am flight booked out of FLL on Soughwest. Im going for it and know the risks. I wont be stressing and Im Type A. I told my family we need to be out of cabin by 5:15 am to line up. All rather get up early with an early flight then wait around all day. Fingers crossed! Thanks again for reporting back!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve seen reports on Flyertalk that SW no longer allows this. Extra flights on the same day will be canceled. Oops, link to above quote.

NOT my experience only 2 non stop flights for us are 9am and 8pm ... so i double booked with miles.