Anthem escape room vs puzzle break

I've been on Anthem four times now and just think I understand the difference between escape room and puzzle break.

Escape room is an activity which you need reservation for. Small groups, locked in a room, near sea plex. Solved puzzles to get out of room

Puzzle break was open, held in 270, no reservation required, solve a mystery, prizes awarded.

Am I wrong or right?

Both are games designed by Puzzle Break. The escape room has more elaborate props and clues used than the 270 mystery, but overall the concepts are similar in that you solve a series of puzzles leading to a final solution. Yes, you need reservations for the room and there are no prizes for winning, but the group sizes can potentially be larger than what they recommend for the 270 event.

Yes, and I really enjoyed the escape room on the Anthem.

I tried to reserve it as soon as I got on board (went to a long line and when I got to the front was put on a waiting list because "all the slots were full"). Then when I got my Royal IQ app up, I was able to register for a spot without a problem. I recommend loading up the Royal IQ app as soon as possible and making your reservation with it. I also got an iFly reservation for my cabinmate the same way.

I will have to look into the thing in 270.. that sounds like fun too!

So glad I saw this. Every post I read seems to give different info about securing a reservation for the escape room. Anyone actually ever do it and can tell me where on Anthem to do this?

I've done the escape Room on Anthem, and a Puzzle Break mystery in the Pyramid Lounge on Independence.

Enjoyed both, particularly the Escape Room, which we solved in under 50 minutes.

I will say nothing about the structure or narrative, but will offer one piece of advice.

Communicate!

We had a group of 15 people, made up of one quartet, and several couples. We chatted while waiting outside, and constantly talked and shared in the room.

If we hadn't, we might still be in there!!!

I've done the escape Room on Anthem, and a Puzzle Break mystery in the Pyramid Lounge on Independence.

Enjoyed both, particularly the Escape Room, which we solved in under 50 minutes.

I will say nothing about the structure or narrative, but will offer one piece of advice.

Communicate!

We had a group of 15 people, made up of one quartet, and several couples. We chatted while waiting outside, and constantly talked and shared in the room.

If we hadn't, we might still be in there!!!

The advice of working together/communicating in the Escape Room is spot on. Unfortunately, the time that my wife and I were booked, there was also a group of about 6 or 8 friends/family (I can no longer recall the exact size), and they basically stuck together and left us out. Not a great dynamic for this activity. We all finally solved the puzzle, but I don't recall it as a fun time. Just our bad luck on the timing.

We were able to book the escape room prior to cruising via the cruise planner. My understanding is that this is hit or miss, but for some reason it was an option for us.

We were in a larger groups and the “host” stayed in the room with us (other escape rooms have them remotely monitoring). It’s a bit chaotic at times with people going in 100 different directions, but it’s still fun. We solved it before time was up.

• 2 weeks later...

On the Anthem Sept.2017 and Jan. 2018 the activity in 270 was A Royal Mystery. Held on a sea day afternoon late in the cruise it was similar to the Puzzle Break room with a series of clues leading to a solution. A big turnout for each session. No need to have a prearranged team, just show up and be friendly. Someone else will need to join a team, too.

On the Anthem Sept.2017 and Jan. 2018 the activity in 270 was A Royal Mystery. Held on a sea day afternoon late in the cruise it was similar to the Puzzle Break room with a series of clues leading to a solution. A big turnout for each session. No need to have a prearranged team, just show up and be friendly. Someone else will need to join a team, too.

I'll watch for it.

So you don't remember WHICH day?

We did the escape room on Harmony and it was a lot of fun. The kids did the puzzle break also and said it was fun. The big difference is you have to have a reservation and pay for the escape room. The puzzle break is free and you just show up. We paid 8.99 a person for the escape room and it was worth it. However, we are going on Harmony again in March and they now are charging 19.99 for it. We do not think it's worth that. We will stick to the puzzle break for free.

I thought Escape Room and Puzzle Break were two names for the same thing. We just did the Escape Room on Anthem, missed seeing anything about Puzzle Break in 270. The Escape Room was a lot of fun, we got out in about 40 minutes. There was a small child in our group, though it really went above their head. This is a great exercise in expanding your brain's usual way of thinking. I had never done one before so it took me a bit to get what was going on. It's also a challenge in social relations and the group process. How to tell people they are wrong when you are only 90% sure and don't want to insult them, that sort of thing. Thankfully it was free on Anthem. I would really be put out if there were a charge, only because I don't use any of the free seaplex activities, the iFly, or wave rider. Why single out the Escape Room? It's only one staff member running it, very low risk of injury or damage to facilities.

I thought Escape Room and Puzzle Break were two names for the same thing. We just did the Escape Room on Anthem, missed seeing anything about Puzzle Break in 270. The Escape Room was a lot of fun, we got out in about 40 minutes. There was a small child in our group, though it really went above their head. This is a great exercise in expanding your brain's usual way of thinking. I had never done one before so it took me a bit to get what was going on. It's also a challenge in social relations and the group process. How to tell people they are wrong when you are only 90% sure and don't want to insult them, that sort of thing. Thankfully it was free on Anthem. I would really be put out if there were a charge, only because I don't use any of the free seaplex activities, the iFly, or wave rider. Why single out the Escape Room? It's only one staff member running it, very low risk of injury or damage to facilities.

It was free on Anthem?!!!!!! Wow is all I can say!