Seaside Speciality Dining Questions

Kizzabel

Hi,

So I'm looking at speciality dining options and can see two which may be of interest but none completely fit what I'm looking for so I'm hoping some can help guide us.

For the trio option (Butchers Cut, Asian & Ocean Cay) could we substitute out Ocean Cay in place of one of the others? It doesn't fully appeal to me having looked at menus. Also on the Asian trio - is it possible to do the Teppanaki or Asian restaurant twice in place of sushi?

Is there a kids menu for the specialty restaurants? My older kid would definitely eat at Butchers Cut and the Teppanaki but the younger may not find anything that appeals if they dine from the adult menu.

Is the La Bonhome restaurant included in the speciality options? I haven't read much on it.

Thanks for reading, hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this for me.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app

Hi,

So I'm looking at speciality dining options and can see two which may be of interest but none completely fit what I'm looking for so I'm hoping some can help guide us.

For the trio option (Butchers Cut, Asian & Ocean Cay) could we substitute out Ocean Cay in place of one of the others? It doesn't fully appeal to me having looked at menus. Also on the Asian trio - is it possible to do the Teppanaki or Asian restaurant twice in place of sushi?

Is there a kids menu for the specialty restaurants? My older kid would definitely eat at Butchers Cut and the Teppanaki but the younger may not find anything that appeals if they dine from the adult menu.

Is the La Bonhome restaurant included in the speciality options? I haven't read much on it.

Thanks for reading, hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this for me.

We switched out the Asian market for the French no problem in the regular trio. We were told you can repeat restaurants but we did not. We ate at butchers cut, ocean cay, and bistrot la boheme, as the Asian market kitchen didn't appeal to us

. Teppanyaki is not included in the regular trio we were told

Not sure about kids menu

Sent from my VS988 using Forums mobile app

We switched out the Asian market for the French no problem in the regular trio. We were told you can repeat restaurants but we did not.
So to be sure, if we bought the Trio we could eat at Butchers Cut three times? How do they know which restaurants you attend? Is their vouchers or something? I believe you but so many answers MSC give seem to vary by the person you talk to. Thanks in advance ....

We switched out the Asian market for the French no problem in the regular trio. We were told you can repeat restaurants but we did not. We ate at butchers cut, ocean cay, and bistrot la boheme, as the Asian market kitchen didn't appeal to us

. Teppanyaki is not included in the regular trio we were told

Not sure about kids menu

Sent from my VS988 using Forums mobile app

Oh thanks so much! This is great to know. Any idea if there's a kids menu in Roys or Butchers Cut? I had seen one for La Bonhome

So to be sure, if we bought the Trio we could eat at Butchers Cut three times? How do they know which restaurants you attend? Is their vouchers or something? I believe you but so many answers MSC give seem to vary by the person you talk to. Thanks in advance ....

Interested to know this too.

I asked the question (in one of the FB groups) about doubling up on one of the choices for the Trio package as my parents don't eat meat and Butcher's Cut won't appeal to them and was told you can't substitute. Was also told that the Trio package orders from the restaurant's "Dining Experience" menu, not the full menu. Hoping to get some definite answers before purchasing.

It’s explained in one of the threads. Apparently, it’s the same menu but with limited choices.

Do you know which thread may specify what Items on each menu are available? trying to decide if we want to book the package ahead of time or wait until onboard and enjoy each place on standard pricing or not at all since the standard pricing seems pretty rich for our blood.

TIA

I asked the question (in one of the FB groups) about doubling up on one of the choices for the Trio package as my parents don't eat meat and Butcher's Cut won't appeal to them and was told you can't substitute. Was also told that the Trio package orders from the restaurant's "Dining Experience" menu, not the full menu. Hoping to get some definite answers before purchasing.

I know someone who's been on the ship and substituted but it was because they're allergic to shellfish. Not deathly allergic but enough they try to avoid it. They just told the guy making the reservations sorry, shellfish allergy, please can we do the Asian twice? and he hooked them up. They also said there were substitutions that could be made in any of the restaurants apparently because someone had a vegetarian meal in Butcher's Cut when they were in there and said it was fabulous.

I know someone who's been on the ship and substituted but it was because they're allergic to shellfish. Not deathly allergic but enough they try to avoid it. They just told the guy making the reservations sorry, shellfish allergy, please can we do the Asian twice? and he hooked them up. They also said there were substitutions that could be made in any of the restaurants apparently because someone had a vegetarian meal in Butcher's Cut when they were in there and said it was fabulous.

Thanks TG! Still trying to decide if I want to book the Trio or just pre-book one night of a single restaurant before we go. We're more than 30 days out, so I figure I have some time to hear from a few more as they sail

I am glad to hear this! We want to do the Teppanyaki, but every option includes a seafood course! I am allergic to seafood/fish, so it's good to know that they should be able to bring me something else!

I’m new to MSC, so forgive a dumb question. Is there a way to eat at Teppanyaki as well as Butcher’s Cut in the same package? My kids love Japanese steakhouses, so we are definitely going to Teppanyaki. I’m just not sure what my other options were along with it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am glad to hear this! We want to do the Teppanyaki, but every option includes a seafood course! I am allergic to seafood/fish, so it's good to know that they should be able to bring me something else!

Sadly all reports seem to agree Teppanyaki is not included in the trio.