Pre-made in Deli

lele100

A friend of mine just got back from a Four day on the victory they said that the deli is now premade sandwiches you just pick the sandwich you want just like the buffet is this true?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately yes [emoji17]. I thought it would be nice with their new selections of n the menu, however on the Magic we found we didn’t like the premade sandwiches as well. They put the whole sandwich in to heat with all topping on it. The freshness quality just isn’t there since they are made ahead of time and just sitting their waiting to be used. It’s probably time saving on their part but I would actually rather wait in line for it to be freshly made like I do at my own hometown deli. There is a reason all deli’s don’t prepare their sandwiches ahead of time [emoji848]

Sort of. It seems as though they are half made and then the deli worker finishes them.

For example, my DH had a BLT and he said half of it is premade and then they slap some bacon on it and heat it up (also heating the lettuce-yuck).

I had the pretzel bun with turkey sandwich. It was also half made. They took it off a rack and added a bunch of weird stuff to it that I mostly picked off (but that is because I'm a picky eater). The bun was definitely different and tasty.

26805113_10156044601989721_7735612943787719750_n.jpg?oh=75d49aff13228d7431f04d8a3f9cb15f&oe=5ADE4F42

I also ate the turkey wrap. A lady in line behind me also ordered the turkey wrap. The strange part was that this sandwich took awhile to come out. The deli worker went through a door and then came out with the wrap.

26195976_10156047766369721_8953140881317484498_n.jpg?oh=76e37e1687ad693f5ec8b667d8444cd7&oe=5AE2DD9F

Hubby and I enjoyed our BLT, fries and cookies from the deli on the Magic in December. The bread was toasted when we ordered, but the lettuce and tomato were added later. But we really missed our turkey on country roll, so the next day we went to the little sandwich and soup bar on deck 5 and ordered the deli sliced turkey, cheese, lettuce and tomato and watched while it was made. They had different breads including a baguette which satisfied my cravings for the old-style deli sandwich.

Hubby and I enjoyed our BLT, fries and cookies from the deli on the Magic in December. The bread was toasted when we ordered, but the lettuce and tomato were added later. But we really missed our turkey on country roll, so the next day we went to the little sandwich and soup bar on deck 5 and ordered the deli sliced turkey, cheese, lettuce and tomato and watched while it was made. They had different breads including a baguette which satisfied my cravings for the old-style deli sandwich.

Good to know!! The turkey on a country roll was what I always got.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Sort of. It seems as though they are half made and then the deli worker finishes them.

For example, my DH had a BLT and he said half of it is premade and then they slap some bacon on it and heat it up (also heating the lettuce-yuck).

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like lettuce heated up. That's just gross. I hate lettuce on a hot sandwich.

It may depend on who's working the deli or maybe how long the line is because on another thread in the last day or so someone who just got off the Breeze said they could get sandwiches made to order if staff had the ingredients. I had asked about a pastrami, swiss and mayo on toasted rye and they said no problem.:confused:

It may depend on who's working the deli or maybe how long the line is because on another thread in the last day or so someone who just got off the Breeze said they could get sandwiches made to order if staff had the ingredients. I had asked about a pastrami, swiss and mayo on toasted rye and they said no problem.:confused:

I certainly hope so! The Breeze is our next ship and would like to see it change back to their old ways. We were really disappointed on the Magic the 2 times we got the sandwiches from the deli. Both times we basically ate a few bites and left the rest to get something else to eat. Whereas the new procedure might save time, if customers don’t like it, it will result in wasting food.