Anniversary cruise 2019, can’t decide, help!

Hi we want to book a cruise sometime between late January and Late April 2019 to celebrate our 35th Anniversary. We’ve done western Caribbean twice and eastern once,considering southern too. We don’t want anything too port heavy. We’ve cruised on Mariner, Navigator and Liberty, and we like them all. We’re debating on trying a bigger ship, but not sure which one. We want lots of activities and nightlife. I know on the bigger ships you have to reserve shows and dining ahead of time. Our dilemma is should we go with ships we know and like or are the newer, bigger ships worth it? We will book a balcony (ocean view). We would appreciate any reviews, input and suggestions. Pros and cons?

Thanks

I know you said you didn't want anything port intensive, but I really love the Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan. Yes, it is port intensive, but you could just do half day excursions to make it not as intense. San Juan is such a romantic city. Go a day early and spend some time celebrating the 2 of you.

Our 2 favorite classes of the RCCL ships are the Freedom class and Oasis class, bigger and better than ever!:hearteyes: DH and I will be on the Oasis of the Seas February 24-March 03, 2019, leaving from Port Canaveral/Orlando area for 7 nights to Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten plus 3 sea days to relax! You will love Central Park and the Boardwalk, as well as the wonderful shows and restaurants! Room location is a matter of preference but we prefer the last few Boardwalk balcony rooms, so we can sit on our balcony and enjoy the aqua theater performances! This cruise, we are in #8329, the farthest aft balcony! Come join us for your first Oasis experience!!;) In any event, relax and enjoy your special celebration!!:*

I guess you have to think about ship vs itenirary.

The big boys only do east/west and can be great fun in the same ports you knew.

I see your from WA so going to San Juan is probably similar flight for you to FLA and also get to start a vacation guaranteed warm in San Juan.

Both Freedom and Jewel are great ships

Hi we want to book a cruise sometime between late January and Late April 2019 to celebrate our 35th Anniversary. We’ve done western Caribbean twice and eastern once,considering southern too. We don’t want anything too port heavy. We’ve cruised on Mariner, Navigator and Liberty, and we like them all. We’re debating on trying a bigger ship, but not sure which one. We want lots of activities and nightlife. I know on the bigger ships you have to reserve shows and dining ahead of time. Our dilemma is should we go with ships we know and like or are the newer, bigger ships worth it? We will book a balcony (ocean view). We would appreciate any reviews, input and suggestions. Pros and cons?

Thanks

If you're really looking for some nightlife, I also would suggest you look at the Oasis class. If you've done Caribbean before, you may have some repeat ports, but I would think you could do those in a much more laid back manner (or stay onboard and get cheap(er) massages). The nightlife is pretty active with lots of clubs to choose from. As far as making reservations in advance: yes, you certainly can (I tend to), but I sure saw plenty of people who clearly had not, and other than waiting a few minutes in some standby lines for the bigger shows, I don't think anyone had any serious issues (although it is very easy to do in advance). But I seriously don't think you should let the "make reservations in advance" worry you at all.

All cruises are awesome, and the ships all have plusses & minuses...but based on your desire for a "nightlife/dancing" kinda getaway...I recommend Oasis.

Oasis-class for sure! You don't "have" to book show reservations, think of it more as a fast-pass to get great seats without lines. You can always wait in the stand-by line if you decide to check out a show you didn't previously reserve.

Not sure what your budget is, but have you also considered a Haven spa cabin with NCL? Perfect for an anniversary cruise!