Flying in day prior to cruise departure, need hotel suggestions

GwenA

We are cruising May 13th with Holland America, Alaska. After reading out here, we decided to fly in the day before versus day of departure.

Now I need some hotel help.

We have made all of our travel arrangements thus far via HAL, and they want to book us into the Pan Pacific (Vancouver BC) it seems pricey for only 24 hours literally, and for the bellman to walk us to our ship.

Thoughts, do we take it, or does anyone else have other suggestions??:confused:

Thanks for the help!

You dont say how much $350-400? Vancouver is expensive being a main cruise port city doesnt help.

If it was me I would consider a Cheap $120 hotel near the airport

with a free airport shuttle. How were you getting from the airport to the

dock? Maybe you could get hotel shuttle back to the airport and get the transport changed to cruise day. Otherwise there is the skytrain to the waterfront or a taxi- (Maybe $40?) depends how many of you there are and how mobile.

Yes, the Pan Pacific is not inexpensive but it's wonderfully close to your ship and, as you say, having the bellman deliver your luggage directly to the ship.

Our first cruise on HAL was an Alaska cruise and we stayed at the Pan Pacific. It's not particularly convenient to other attractions in Vancouver but for a one day stay, IMO, it cannot be beat.

We are cruising May 13th with Holland America, Alaska. After reading out here, we decided to fly in the day before versus day of departure.

Now I need some hotel help.

We have made all of our travel arrangements thus far via HAL, and they want to book us into the Pan Pacific (Vancouver BC) it seems pricey for only 24 hours literally, and for the bellman to walk us to our ship.

Thoughts, do we take it, or does anyone else have other suggestions??:confused:

Thanks for the help!

This was a few years ago, but we stayed at the Hilton Renaissance Harbourside (not sure if this name is exactly right) for one night before our Alaska cruise. I got a very good price on Priceline. It was a very nice hotel right on the Harbor. As I said it was probably 10 yrs. ago, so do your due diligence. We were very happy with it. :)