Birthday Cake on Booking Page?

I am thinking about booking a cruise, and my fiance's birthday will happen during the cruise. I see on the booking page (where you enter in your name, address, etc) it asks if there are any special dietary needs, then special occasions. There is an anniversary cake check box, and a birthday cake check box. I think it would be cute for him to get a cake, but there's no indication if they'd charge us for it. I don't mind a charge, but I would like to know in advance if there's one, and if so, how much it is (and what do you get for the charge).

Basically, if I select the "birthday cakes" box, what happens?

Last time we did that we got a certificate in our room that you give to the hostess at dinner. Then for dessert they bring you a cake and some people sing with you. No extra charge. Make sure to also order a normal dessert since this is just a normal cake and doesn’t really compare to something fancy you might normally get.

Ditto to above. Though on my upcoming cruise I had to call to get it added (group sailing but never remembered to call TA while they were open) and the NCL person asked what day I wanted it. I'm hoping I just get a certificate again, I just randomly picked the second sea day in hopes of having an easier time getting a group to go to dinner since last time it was way to much for three people.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I requested a birthday cake for my friend on our Getaway cruise last week. She never received it! And I didn't bother following up onboard, because it was near the end of the cruise and I just gave up.

Last may my daughter turned 11 on the cruise. I had to order the birthday cake through my travel agent. It was a package and the cost was 30.00, but they also decorated the room with streamers and balloons. We didn’t get a choice of cake either. It was a yellow cake with strawberries. The only sad part was her bday was on Monday. We boarded Sunday and everything was in place when she got to the room.

There are two different possibilities. One is to order a package. Watch, though, if you want this to be a surprise and your BF looks at the cruise documents -- it can sometimes show up there. There is a charge for this package.

The other is to talk to your PCC (if you have one) and tell them that you are celebrating something on this cruise. You should then get a card in your cabin that you take to a restaurant for a cake (probably could serve 2-4 people, depending on how big of a piece you would like). This option is free.

Thanks everyone!

I don't think I'd need the whole 9 yards, so spending anything on some package doesn't seem worth it to me. I'm okay with just a cake. We're not the "let's get the waiter to sing to the other person" type of people, so maybe I can just get the cake and no singing. LOL.

There is also a third option (free of charge), and that is to just let the restaurant hostess know what you are celebrating when you arrive at the restaurant, and at the end of the meal you will then get a cake similar to one of the below., and your waiter and some of his/her colleagues will "sing" for you as well, unless you just say in advance that you do NOT want them singing - that should be no problem). We have often celebrated birthdays or wedding anniversaries on board during a cruise, and have never needed a certificate or preorder any cake in advance. :)

cxi6Zgay-54I9Vz3kZLwB_Q6sLCcWjz6ojYbruF9FUueImIcO51D03TQebRnzveiRtBLb2azYT8HnnWZbUvQZw_Ol29-DOPWP3x1AZDDiJSUm3xJmuLV1uDYez3lxEs5VGag3Iza7xUUyAj-AdvHt-O1oWfYqhV2i6NhKkuy-O9fDQInxGGXZXvtxC6oYfPvYyxTrTWSH480XCnKTbqgCAI7e4MhhhweWRJsWH4sWGdBeKn69c_AlJuBhVa7J1QRCxEfihTWMQ75N-_FnKYd9Tf5ov3VAiDr0heeXXA5FULGyDQjIP_s0q0OB2BWaUlbrXM1Ia3Z-nnLlASeIywaLd34iLKgbDu1o2glkAAXBKL7UBz-AJvFRJUL_oCkzX_2Ng8zgwJrxYYQgRMRPXIaZtS4OW-sPsTyQn1pr3H5AW5aNCKpW62aNEpW2kPdvoLYegD0SipO4bJvhRrThLWPUGrxjZryaP4YULSHA4zXVvaNKQlf2JMRIb6JAVXxN39wFPPqkUzKSAjzbj5Nsgdwwc25pH21EItitDkaa_otHGZTrxcwNPDNvn9TOezpMcrYTXNLDzwSB5HjAyUNhHdnMVGE6y3fbvAbE091vVc=w980-h949-no_HTJ1i1GtV9gAY7M5FOpB9KTDkgtKnc1m3-h3UFheYDNgL8a67NtmRGMeZdpU0tB52v-pAlDL5e5IGT3SBTdVRUf7bl6W6883HLnzW8Aj7u2cQgnACmBaHhjx_rXEF0OUB5RHpSccN-fZ73oNsn-jF-M-iIl8bEosw6fbj9xYOvXeZeJO_iqgE0PRKik-9XxfW1qGd1cNW9Ax9bTi0Ase2Z6_-Pp3XhypJPvmsx6wcBhi-ZHtT4aSdYKqWHOn7ZK2-VOkehdGKbuOC_-JzoTCHcfbHmOLoEUUMe5yefJdTg1qeOrbE8rdhrMpC1vL1BN7C18knbdDQzpLTEGLaVNk-SR0VX2N6OfeHLd-FrAITB_SYQAfETZRMeEYrkTodldUJCdYzW7G0d9b_dgjH9caZVGvhuIQcC7DBQz4OgKReETRYlVVPOUiuIvqLfi2irWJZhhJi-N-KTL7N_AVSnUtr927D4gpVYlpeigdBQ9GZYw0mTQ6APrSzUIaVvtzn9CuUCCsl3yNUGqjmUtgKR7-X0jpzo-p_UxODltZmcqfwFF5HHKvpoO1J_Y3twbg2v7fWnlL2pAM8DoVJM-JBiZHjX1-ejLtEw_FSE1DdA=w1132-h949-noRdN5vNogWGAiZuUl9K6_qCFF2wCJyPx01ZKtfDmcqKh3do725zhs7F0CTki81eqShm1dGKj90psBdUao_ruH5s0ZavUXcoUVDBcO1-SJdSM_Gckqa-VU9xwgNU4ojpO1OWnGuJI9FBQTYM9kKlTXHeZrfg8vFy-3nJdtAuKdmucH7ybjM-_5Wrz9LTk6KnuRbznhtx8t-RZ5tdLkCJyyMgOUpSbEViX2PN-Hkp6X45YwRwwEbSzApa1g9EvEiQeq6agirLOs6z1MnGFguHn81gpgwZYoVsgAaic_o_-ZAYigLhiLkHXVVfCWkiNcoYP1mEt_fh2umPnTgYhWatMg709zNaSprJU-yq5v_8KcRnhmp-PW_TcAVAvajSRblD44r8eibAvT9AFTCM6d3qVFewG3Xbjx6CgWG1j_KBnz3pWI7-hNNmcBNJkPDKeeQD-hXQVStBMCnASqckZt2JF4eP4iZK2N9DSxBZVFE-H7J3rMQISVvqkm47EkhSwQwJ-MG6ddEQBvHljLXgMwkSJbGKXZq2YARgLpkoquVmuwTApxd-ii-hi2JZaalLBLsHzzVlt238l6P1hlIiQM4kGPyofJT4nNlADlW-iThS8=w928-h950-no

There is also a third option (free of charge), and that is to just let the restaurant hostess know what you are celebrating when you arrive at the restaurant, and at the end of the meal you will then get a cake similar to one of the below., and your waiter and some of his/her colleagues will "sing" for you as well, unless you just say in advance that you do NOT want them singing - that should be no problem). We have often celebrated birthdays or wedding anniversaries on board during a cruise, and have never needed a certificate or preorder any cake in advance. :)

cxi6Zgay-54I9Vz3kZLwB_Q6sLCcWjz6ojYbruF9FUueImIcO51D03TQebRnzveiRtBLb2azYT8HnnWZbUvQZw_Ol29-DOPWP3x1AZDDiJSUm3xJmuLV1uDYez3lxEs5VGag3Iza7xUUyAj-AdvHt-O1oWfYqhV2i6NhKkuy-O9fDQInxGGXZXvtxC6oYfPvYyxTrTWSH480XCnKTbqgCAI7e4MhhhweWRJsWH4sWGdBeKn69c_AlJuBhVa7J1QRCxEfihTWMQ75N-_FnKYd9Tf5ov3VAiDr0heeXXA5FULGyDQjIP_s0q0OB2BWaUlbrXM1Ia3Z-nnLlASeIywaLd34iLKgbDu1o2glkAAXBKL7UBz-AJvFRJUL_oCkzX_2Ng8zgwJrxYYQgRMRPXIaZtS4OW-sPsTyQn1pr3H5AW5aNCKpW62aNEpW2kPdvoLYegD0SipO4bJvhRrThLWPUGrxjZryaP4YULSHA4zXVvaNKQlf2JMRIb6JAVXxN39wFPPqkUzKSAjzbj5Nsgdwwc25pH21EItitDkaa_otHGZTrxcwNPDNvn9TOezpMcrYTXNLDzwSB5HjAyUNhHdnMVGE6y3fbvAbE091vVc=w980-h949-no_HTJ1i1GtV9gAY7M5FOpB9KTDkgtKnc1m3-h3UFheYDNgL8a67NtmRGMeZdpU0tB52v-pAlDL5e5IGT3SBTdVRUf7bl6W6883HLnzW8Aj7u2cQgnACmBaHhjx_rXEF0OUB5RHpSccN-fZ73oNsn-jF-M-iIl8bEosw6fbj9xYOvXeZeJO_iqgE0PRKik-9XxfW1qGd1cNW9Ax9bTi0Ase2Z6_-Pp3XhypJPvmsx6wcBhi-ZHtT4aSdYKqWHOn7ZK2-VOkehdGKbuOC_-JzoTCHcfbHmOLoEUUMe5yefJdTg1qeOrbE8rdhrMpC1vL1BN7C18knbdDQzpLTEGLaVNk-SR0VX2N6OfeHLd-FrAITB_SYQAfETZRMeEYrkTodldUJCdYzW7G0d9b_dgjH9caZVGvhuIQcC7DBQz4OgKReETRYlVVPOUiuIvqLfi2irWJZhhJi-N-KTL7N_AVSnUtr927D4gpVYlpeigdBQ9GZYw0mTQ6APrSzUIaVvtzn9CuUCCsl3yNUGqjmUtgKR7-X0jpzo-p_UxODltZmcqfwFF5HHKvpoO1J_Y3twbg2v7fWnlL2pAM8DoVJM-JBiZHjX1-ejLtEw_FSE1DdA=w1132-h949-noRdN5vNogWGAiZuUl9K6_qCFF2wCJyPx01ZKtfDmcqKh3do725zhs7F0CTki81eqShm1dGKj90psBdUao_ruH5s0ZavUXcoUVDBcO1-SJdSM_Gckqa-VU9xwgNU4ojpO1OWnGuJI9FBQTYM9kKlTXHeZrfg8vFy-3nJdtAuKdmucH7ybjM-_5Wrz9LTk6KnuRbznhtx8t-RZ5tdLkCJyyMgOUpSbEViX2PN-Hkp6X45YwRwwEbSzApa1g9EvEiQeq6agirLOs6z1MnGFguHn81gpgwZYoVsgAaic_o_-ZAYigLhiLkHXVVfCWkiNcoYP1mEt_fh2umPnTgYhWatMg709zNaSprJU-yq5v_8KcRnhmp-PW_TcAVAvajSRblD44r8eibAvT9AFTCM6d3qVFewG3Xbjx6CgWG1j_KBnz3pWI7-hNNmcBNJkPDKeeQD-hXQVStBMCnASqckZt2JF4eP4iZK2N9DSxBZVFE-H7J3rMQISVvqkm47EkhSwQwJ-MG6ddEQBvHljLXgMwkSJbGKXZq2YARgLpkoquVmuwTApxd-ii-hi2JZaalLBLsHzzVlt238l6P1hlIiQM4kGPyofJT4nNlADlW-iThS8=w928-h950-no

Thanks for including pictures!! That's awesome, I will probably just go this route. :)

No charge for the cake. On our Escape cruise last month we were celebrating my husband's as well as my son's birthday, five days apart. In our cabin on embarkation day, there was only one certificate listing both of their names. When we used it for my son's celebration, we did not get it returned. I could have gone to Guest Services but my husband said he didn't want it anyway.

Tell them before you cruise re the birthday, although they should work it out from your dob they don’t always compute it. You need the little card to hand in.

Like I stated in my previous post, we have never been asked for any cake certificate. So in my experience you don't need it.