Jewel B2B ~ Southern Caribbean

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting your trip report and amazing photos! Which port was your favourite? I obviously have to book a Southern Caribbean cruise ASAP LOL.

P.S. You and your husband are a lovely couple :)

Do you recall the name of the restaurant at Boatyard in Barbados?

Bob:

there is only one restaurant at the Boatyard - you enter through the bar/restaurant, pay your fee and head down to the chairs and beach. Free shots around 2 pm!

Bob:

there is only one restaurant at the Boatyard - you enter through the bar/restaurant, pay your fee and head down to the chairs and beach. Free shots around 2 pm!

Thanks.

The reason I ask is because the last time we went there, the taxi driver took us to an area of the beach that had no nearby restaurant. So I guess I'll have to be specific and tell the taxi driver to drop us near the restaurant.

We just got back from a Back to Back on Jewel of the Seas out of San Juan. I wanted to do a small review of the cruise and mainly talk about the islands. Cruise Critic has been so helpful to me as I plan our cruises so I wanted to pay it forward. Let me know if you have any questions along the way!

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise.

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting your trip report and amazing photos! Which port was your favourite? I obviously have to book a Southern Caribbean cruise ASAP LOL.

P.S. You and your husband are a lovely couple :)

Thank you accio_7! Our favorite island this time was a toss up between St Kitts and Barbados. We love both of them! Yes you definitely need to book a Southern Caribbean cruise! They are the best!

Small? I didn't sign up for small. How is small going to help me get through 87 days? OBLIGATIONS YOUNG LADY!

;)

Hahaha!!! I hope my review lived up to your expectations!! :') Since we were both sick during the cruise, we were a little lame with the picture taking! Let me know if there is anything else you want! I do have all of the cruise compasses but I'm not sure I would know how to get them on here, haha.

Thanks for the review. We sail on Mar 4th and this will be our first time with RC.

How was the food in the MDR? I've been reading mixed reviews.

Currently have the 2 night for $40 dining package. Wondering if we need to switch to the 5 night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We thought the food was great but the service was very slow. We were in there every night for around 2 hours. But I'm not sure it would be any different in the specialty dining. We ate in the MDR every night and really enjoyed ourselves. Table of 8 both weeks and we met some great people.

Enjoyed your review and photos. (Lovely looking couple!!)

When you take the taxis do you ask them to pick you up later or are there taxis at the beaches? My husband and I did a HAL cruise recently but used their excursions as we weren't sure what to do. I've taken notes from your review, thank you for so much info.

We also like snorkelling are most of those beaches you went to for snorkelling or just relaxing?

Thanks!

Enjoyed your review and photos. (Lovely looking couple!!)

When you take the taxis do you ask them to pick you up later or are there taxis at the beaches? My husband and I did a HAL cruise recently but used their excursions as we weren't sure what to do. I've taken notes from your review, thank you for so much info.

We also like snorkelling are most of those beaches you went to for snorkelling or just relaxing?

Thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed the review! It was really different on each beach. For instance, St. Thomas, the taxis were lined up to take you back. But in St. Kitts, he had us tell him when we wanted to go back and he came back for us. The majority of the islands though have taxis there to take you whenever you want. At least that was the case for the beaches we visited.

We saw many people snorkeling at the beaches we went to but we only snorkeled in St. Kitts. There were always fish down by our feet so I'm sure it would be fun to see them! Also, if you are visiting Barbados, they have the free shipwreck and turtle snorkeling at Boatyard that you just have to sign up for and they take you by boat just over to where it is. Great experience!

Thanks for the review. We sail on Mar 4th and this will be our first time with RC.

How was the food in the MDR? I've been reading mixed reviews.

Currently have the 2 night for $40 dining package. Wondering if we need to switch to the 5 night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sailed this same cruise last year and will again April 1st.

Don’t underestimate the Windjammer for dinner. We found the MDR food meh. We decided to do the WJ one night where there were serving lamb and beef brisket cooked on a grill in front of you, fresh made crepes for dessert, many more choices and fresher than the MDR. It became our go to. Try it....

Hahaha!!! I hope my review lived up to your expectations!! :') Since we were both sick during the cruise, we were a little lame with the picture taking! Let me know if there is anything else you want! I do have all of the cruise compasses but I'm not sure I would know how to get them on here, haha.

I had to wait and see the pictures last night when I got home, but it was worth it. I guess your trip finally being over means mind is finally coming up. We are all ready except the packing. We are doing something a little different in St Martin. Its just re-opened this week, so for once, waiting a longer time wasn't all bad. Where you off to next? <Looked at your signature. I love that Freedom is doing the southern route, but I won't see her before 2020, so I'll watch for your reviews there, love that ship.

I had to wait and see the pictures last night when I got home, but it was worth it. I guess your trip finally being over means mind is finally coming up. We are all ready except the packing. We are doing something a little different in St Martin. Its just re-opened this week, so for once, waiting a longer time wasn't all bad. Where you off to next? <Looked at your signature. I love that Freedom is doing the southern route, but I won't see her before 2020, so I'll watch for your reviews there, love that ship.

Yes yours is coming up and I'm jealous! What are you doing in St. Maarten? We were supposed to do something different but the excursion got changed because of the French side still be closed. Up next, we are headed to the western Caribbean in May on Liberty. We've never done Galveston, western Caribbean, or Freedom class so it'll be an all new cruise for us! We're taking my step son and my niece who are both 14. I think they will have a blast!

Yes yours is coming up and I'm jealous! What are you doing in St. Maarten? We were supposed to do something different but the excursion got changed because of the French side still be closed. Up next, we are headed to the western Caribbean in May on Liberty. We've never done Galveston, western Caribbean, or Freedom class so it'll be an all new cruise for us! We're taking my step son and my niece who are both 14. I think they will have a blast!

My wife and I have been thinking about buying a CamAm Spyder, which if you don't know is a 3 wheel motorcycle, but the 2 wheels are up front. After Aruba trikes last year she is onboard with the idea. Anyway, SXMSyperrentals just came online this week, so we are going to walk to their shop on the road between the pier and downtown, rent a bike and drive ourselves to Orient for the day.

My wife and I have been thinking about buying a CamAm Spyder, which if you don't know is a 3 wheel motorcycle, but the 2 wheels are up front. After Aruba trikes last year she is onboard with the idea. Anyway, SXMSyperrentals just came online this week, so we are going to walk to their shop on the road between the pier and downtown, rent a bike and drive ourselves to Orient for the day.

We have a Harley and have thought about doing something like that on one of the islands but when it comes down to it, we are too cheap..haha! That's great that you are going to be able to do that in St. Maarten! Can't wait to see pics and hear about it!

We spent a week in SXM in 2016 and rented a Spyder for one of the days. We had a blast. We highly recommend her service. The Spyders were is good shape and we had no problems!

We have owned a Spyder since 2012 so we were familiar with how they ride.

Be safe :)