Jewel B2B ~ Southern Caribbean

Laura - thanks for the detailed review. This is very helpful as we are taking our first cruise in a couple of weeks.

Do you have any recommendations for Antigua? We want to make Antigua a beach day and would be interested in your thoughts of where to go, how to get there and what we would find at your recommended beach.

Thanks again!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the review! It was really different on each beach. For instance, St. Thomas, the taxis were lined up to take you back. But in St. Kitts, he had us tell him when we wanted to go back and he came back for us. The majority of the islands though have taxis there to take you whenever you want. At least that was the case for the beaches we visited.

We saw many people snorkeling at the beaches we went to but we only snorkeled in St. Kitts. There were always fish down by our feet so I'm sure it would be fun to see them! Also, if you are visiting Barbados, they have the free shipwreck and turtle snorkeling at Boatyard that you just have to sign up for and they take you by boat just over to where it is. Great experience!

Thank you so much for all the info! We hope to do another cruise in 2019 for more snorkelling.

Laura - thanks for the detailed review. This is very helpful as we are taking our first cruise in a couple of weeks.

Do you have any recommendations for Antigua? We want to make Antigua a beach day and would be interested in your thoughts of where to go, how to get there and what we would find at your recommended beach.

Thanks again!!

Hi there! So last year, I did a review similar to this one from our Adventure B2B. We visited Antigua and if you scroll down to post #20, you will see the pictures from what I'm about to tell you about :D (post #23 clarifies on the price)

Here is the link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2455277

We visited Dickenson Bay for the first time last year and it was gorgeous and we were planning on going back there this year but hubs was sick so we stayed on board. It was $12 for 2 people round trip. But you have to have at least 2 other people in the taxi. 2 chairs and an umbrella were $20. There is a Sandals resort right on that beach as well. It's really beautiful as you will see in the pictures :D

Laura, thank you for the pictures and the review! We will be doing a B2B2B on the Jewel later this year and was wondering how the turn-around day between cruises was handled for B2B cruisers?

Thanks!

-jani

We spent a week in SXM in 2016 and rented a Spyder for one of the days. We had a blast. We highly recommend her service. The Spyders were is good shape and we had no problems!

We have owned a Spyder since 2012 so we were familiar with how they ride.

Be safe :)

Thanks for that, so far I've been impressed with their correspondence. When I made the reservation I asked if the bikes had a 12V power source and mentioned my GPS. They said they would provide us a GPS.

We sailed this same cruise last year and will again April 1st.

Don’t underestimate the Windjammer for dinner. We found the MDR food meh. We decided to do the WJ one night where there were serving lamb and beef brisket cooked on a grill in front of you, fresh made crepes for dessert, many more choices and fresher than the MDR. It became our go to. Try it....

Thank you, we will check it our for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This will be our first time sailing with Royal Caribbean. Do they offer an afternoon tea like Princess?

Nothing like what I've read about Princess. You may find some scones, but you will also find taco fixings, nachos..etc.

Thank you for your review and detailed information. I made a note of your info. On Boatyard beach, Barbados. We typically take an excursion to snorkel with turtles. So, when you arrive, there's a place to register for the snorkel? Did you notice if there were a few different times? I was wondering if we could do that first, then return to the beach and get our chairs, umbrella and drinks and chill out for the remainder of the day.

Thank you for your review and detailed information. I made a note of your info. On Boatyard beach, Barbados. We typically take an excursion to snorkel with turtles. So, when you arrive, there's a place to register for the snorkel? Did you notice if there were a few different times? I was wondering if we could do that first, then return to the beach and get our chairs, umbrella and drinks and chill out for the remainder of the day.

Yes, as soon as you get there, there is a sign up sheet for the snorkeling. You can put your name down and then go and get your chairs. They will call your name over the speaker when it is your turn. They usually go about every hour or so. I would get your chair first though. It is safe to leave your belongings there.

Thanks,

We are doing your 2nd half in April and we have the same taste in "excursions" Beach + Chairs + Umbrella + Beers = Happy.

I will now add Rhythms and Blues in St. Croix and Grand Anse in Grenada,

You mentioned the $20 fee at the Boatyard, do yo know if that can be reserved ahead of time or is it just the first ones to get to that beach? We have been to Lobster Alive, but were going to do Boatyard this trip.

Thanks again,

-F-

Side note: formal nights are Day 2 and 6 on this cruise. We love getting all fancy!

P1000830_zps3owj6rqe.jpg

Also the Captain's reception was on the first formal night.

P1000840_zps458hcozx.jpg

The beautiful Centrum!

P1000833_zpsyjdadetb.jpg

One last question (well probably not), but with Formal nights being on days 2 and 6, do you remember which one had lobster? We just bought the BOGO dining package so we will have that on day 1 & 2, but don't want to miss lobster night.

Also, did you ever hang out at the Schooner bar? If so were Eric and Kevin still there? They are my favorite bartenders I have ever had.

Thanks again

One last question (well probably not), but with Formal nights being on days 2 and 6, do you remember which one had lobster? We just bought the BOGO dining package so we will have that on day 1 & 2, but don't want to miss lobster night.

Also, did you ever hang out at the Schooner bar? If so were Eric and Kevin still there? They are my favorite bartenders I have ever had.

Thanks again

Lobster will be served on evening 6.

Thanks,

We are doing your 2nd half in April and we have the same taste in "excursions" Beach + Chairs + Umbrella + Beers = Happy.

You mentioned the $20 fee at the Boatyard, do yo know if that can be reserved ahead of time or is it just the first ones to get to that beach? We have been to Lobster Alive, but were going to do Boatyard this trip.

Thanks again,

-F-

The Boatyard in Barbados does not take reservations in advance. Get there early for best chair locations. As Laura noted, they DO fill up and stop admitting people. When I was there it happened around noon.

P. S. In St Croix the beach you want is Rainbow Beach and the place is called Rhythms at Rainbow Beach. Perfect for beach+chairs+umbrella+beer!

Thanks,

Thanks again,

-F-

I know someone already answered but I wanted to confirm all of that. Lobster night is night 6 and you cannot reserve chairs at Boatyard. We got there at about 9:30 or 10 both days and got front row seats!

Laura, thank you for the pictures and the review! We will be doing a B2B2B on the Jewel later this year and was wondering how the turn-around day between cruises was handled for B2B cruisers?

Thanks!

-jani

I'm sorry, somehow I missed this post. We met at 9:45 in the Vortez lounge and just had to bring our new seapass cards (delivered the night before), old seapass cards and passports. They checked us out with the old ones and then back in with the new. It was quick and painless and we didn't have to get off the ship! We were back to our room by about 10:30 for a nap and then at the Solarium by noon!

Hi Laura, thanks again for the review. Were the 10 drink cards offered either week of your b2b? If so, what day and how much were they?

I keep meaning to check my Cruise Compass while I'm home and keep forgetting! Yes they did offer them and I believe they were $75 or $85 and were offered mid week. I will check tomorrow though and confirm that for you!