princess insurance: how soon after denial is the credit on your account?

luckyinpa

i will summarize since i know i was confusing so you can ignore all posts above this. i was denied cash refund and got credit on my personalizer from princess platinum plan:

1. i can prove i paid for an entire cruise with my credit cards. so why did princess refund my ex gf's account instead of me?

2. they told me ezair is not protected by the platinum plan, i got back 74 out of 183 for my air but they wont send me paperwork saying i have a 74 credit even after i asked them to. so how do i know i have this credit (also why cant i have hers back since i paid for it). i believe ezair should be covered 100% and i should at least get 183 back. but also her 183 as well.

answers to those 2 questions are what i really need

1. As all the other responses before me stated, the reservation was made in your ex-girlfriends name. It is her reservation no matter who paid for it just like an airline ticket.

2. Your airline ticket was with Jet Blue.....their cancellation policy is the following.

Changes and cancellations made 60 days or more prior to departure date, per person: $75 + difference in airfare.

Changes and cancellations made within 60 days of departure date, per person:

Fares under $100 - $75 + difference in airfare

Fares between $100- $149 - $100 + difference in airfare

Fares $150 and above - $150 + difference in airfare

So I am going to guess your refund reflects the penalty for cancellation which does not include the taxes your paid.

As someone else stated you can take her to small claims court to recover your money.

well my princess TA is apparently the smartest one at princess. because the regular princess people nor aon could explain my refund calculation.

she said that the non refundable jet blue fee was included in my refund and i have 74 credit with jet blue. and that as stated above since its an insurance policy the money goes to ex. i had no idea that legally when i pay for her cruise that money is hers. never saw that anywhere in writing and i do read the fine print. she's gonna try to get me the credit but said absent death they never do it

well my princess TA is apparently the smartest one at princess. because the regular princess people nor aon could explain my refund calculation.

she said that the non refundable jet blue fee was included in my refund and i have 74 credit with jet blue. and that as stated above since its an insurance policy the money goes to ex. i had no idea that legally when i pay for her cruise that money is hers. never saw that anywhere in writing and i do read the fine print. she's gonna try to get me the credit but said absent death they never do it

You still do not get it. Once you past the full payment date that money is spent, gone, non-refundable (based upon the cruise schedule). At that point the mechanism under which you canceled is insurance, insurance pays to whomever is named on the policy, does not matter who paid for insurance. Princess refunded the cash refundable amount to the source of payment, you. The insurance company issued a credit to the named person covered by the insurance policy. That is how insurance operates. Both Princess and the insurance did exactly what they were supposed to do. Your only recourse is to collect from your ex. or write it off as an educational experience.

Also since the credit is only useable by the person to whom it is issued your ex cannot give you the credit even if she wanted to.

You still do not get it. Once you past the full payment date that money is spent, gone, non-refundable (based upon the cruise schedule). At that point the mechanism under which you canceled is insurance, insurance pays to whomever is named on the policy, does not matter who paid for insurance. Princess refunded the cash refundable amount to the source of payment, you. The insurance company issued a credit to the named person covered by the insurance policy. That is how insurance operates. Both Princess and the insurance did exactly what they were supposed to do. Your only recourse is to collect from your ex. or write it off as an educational experience.

Also since the credit is only useable by the person to whom it is issued your ex cannot give you the credit even if she wanted to.

The credit should be assigned to both people equally. Remember both passengers have cancelled.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The credit should be assigned to both people equally. Remember both passengers have cancelled.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is exactly what happened and why the OP is upset. The insurance worked exactly as it should have and the credit went to him for his policy and to his ex for their policy.

Cancel for any reason is a credit not a a cash payment. Cancel for covered cause is given in cash.

As I stated before insurance payout, in this case a credit, is to the person named on the policy, no matter who paid for it. If you had asked for a refund prior to full payment date then the money would have been credited back to the credit card that was used to make the purchase. For all practical purposes once you passed final payment date the fact of who paid became non-material and the names on the policy took over.

Sounds like the plan is doing exactly what is stated to be. The difficulty appears to be in your understanding of how the policy works.

Pretty much your only recourse is to collect the money from your ex or take her to small claims court for damages. Keeping in mind that she cannot get cash either, only the refund in the form of a future cruise credit.

(y)This is the correct answer!

Up to 50% penalty will sometimes rebook you on a different cruise. It’s up to the discretion of a supervision or manager.