princess insurance: how soon after denial is the credit on your account?

luckyinpa

they denied my cash payment yesterday but said on the phone ' in a few weeks' ill get a letter with a credit for a future cruise but they didnt say the real life application and how the credit is put on my account etc.

does anyone have first hand experience with this? will i just log into personalizer and have a big credit someday? i believe someone on this forum said you have 2 years to use it and the rep read the letter on the phone to me and it didnt say how long to use it.

In 2016 I had a cruise scheduled for Sept 30

I cancelled the cruise on Sept 23

I filed the claim with Aeon on Sept 27 (Princess Vacation Protection Platinum - Cancel for any reason clause)

I got an e-mail from Princess on Oct 11 notifying me of the Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cruise fare with a sail by date of Dec 31 2017. I t showed up in my presonalizer on princess.com the same day.

was yours given back piecemeal?

today i see credit for 277.72 on my princess account which doesnt match up to anything at all on my cruise invoice as to what i paid (its not like for one person etc. this is what i expected back as i had the platinum plan and should have gotten 100%:

Fare :

Air Fare :

i thought i read through this plan well enough but guess not

EZ air is not included they said. i paid 183 air and i have a 74 dollar credit but they say there's no paperwork they can give me on it. hows that? they said if i call they can use the credit only on that airline (jetblue)

they said email customer relations to figure out the amount i did get back cause i cannot figure it out. so i have 277 credit out of 704 i paid for cruise and air. plus a theoretical 74 they will not give me paperwork on.

i have that mystery amount no one can tell me how they got it calculated. they did tell me that the other part of the claim is on my exes account and even though i can prove i paid for it all. she gets the credit and i cannot have her half. how fair is that? and you know the likelihood me getting that money from her.

amazing that they gave me her taxes back though since those 'were hers' by their definition. i dont get it. they will not let you talk to the princess insurance dept and when i call AON they have no idea how the little i got back was calculated.

i'm super upset. i thought the insurance would cover it all and give ME my money back. but it hasnt and doesnt. i read thru 24 pages of the princess document and doesnt say anywhere that it goes back to the passenger vs person paid and i see no exclusion for ezair.

any idea how to get the future cruise credit back to ME?

the document says Platinum Vacation Protection “Any Reason”

Cruise Credits...................Up to 100% of the non-refundable

prepaid cruise vacation cost

In the event that you choose to cancel for a reason

not authorized above or for a reason that is otherwise

restricted, at any time up until departure, and you have

purchased Cruise Vacation Protection, Princess Cruises

and/or Princess Tours will provide you a cruise credit

equal to 75% (100% if Platinum Vacation Protection was

purchased) of the non-refundable value of your cruise

vacation prepaid to Princess Cruises and/or Princess

Tours, for your use toward a future cruise.

thats pretty clear to me

Edited by luckyinpa

called. very angry. they put my money back in my exes account even though i paid for the entire cruise and can prove i paid for it. they also said they only give me back 74 out of 183 for jet blue per person. i cannot find any exclusions for ez air but they told me its a cancel fee . but the insurance is supposed to pay for all non refundable fees? i cannot find any of this info in the 24 page thing they have on their site. that they dont refund the original payment and that ez air is not included. i hope someone can show me this and i emailed them to ask them.

my ex will never use the credit and since i paid for it, i think i should have it back. how unfair a policy is this?

You may have to go back to court for an order to force Princess to move the money to your account. It's likely dependent on how your divorce was finalized. Airline miles are another example of things that companies won't transfer until ordered to by a court. I realize that I'm assuming that by "Ex" you mean an ex-spouse and not a less formal relationship.

Edited by beg3yrs

Your TA or princess has to give you form will all what you will not get back. Then submit to AON infinity. Before submitting you have to call AON . They will give your a case(tracking) number and email you claim forms with claim number. Fill out , sign form and email all documentation to AON. You will have you claim approved and funds (cheque or future cruise credit) within 80 days. Future cruise credit if you claimed under the "Cancel for Any Reason". Sounds to me that the process failed or you didn't get the proper instructions.

EzAir has it's own insurance which is supplied AON Infinity as well and treated as part of the cruise. To use "Cancel for any reason" that has to be stated on the claim form . not the real reason. If any thing othet than COAR you have to supplt doctors letters and documentation of treatment.

we submitted a reason to get cash back but it wasnt good enough and was denied last week so i expect 100% of the non refundable money back to ME. not my ex getting half of it. so frustrating. aon said no other info avaliable and they have no clue what money i'm due. princess said no clue what money i'm due back either. said write to customer relations which i did. how is it the insurance company has no idea how much money they are to pay me back? sounds messed up

i do fully understand if i booked thru airline that they have change fees. but i booked through princess and assumed 100% of non refundable cost includes it since per language above it says 'non refundable value of your cruise vacation' it never said cruise fare, air fare etc etc.

there is no exclusion on the platinum thing for air either. but the truth is i can deal with losing a bit of air but my ex getting back money that i literally paid for and i can prove is preposterous. she would willingly sign anything to let princes give me that money but sounds like they dont care about that.

So what is the reason that all these refunds need to be made? It would be nice to know he specifics as they seem to be saying ou cancelled for an unapproved reason?

in the event of unapproved reason u are supposed to get 100% of non refundables back as a credit. this is my issue. i am not getting them. and no one can explain the calculation of what i did get back

nor can they explain why the money that i paid is going to my ex instead of me. dont they call that conversion or something in legal terms? its not her money and never was. i can prove i paid every dime and she will admit that. has no issues.

i will summarize since i know i was confusing so you can ignore all posts above this. i was denied cash refund and got credit on my personalizer from princess platinum plan:

1. i can prove i paid for an entire cruise with my credit cards. so why did princess refund my ex gf's account instead of me?

2. they told me ezair is not protected by the platinum plan, i got back 74 out of 183 for my air but they wont send me paperwork saying i have a 74 credit even after i asked them to. so how do i know i have this credit (also why cant i have hers back since i paid for it). i believe ezair should be covered 100% and i should at least get 183 back. but also her 183 as well.

answers to those 2 questions are what i really need

I had filed an insurance claim with a 3rd party insurance. I had paid for the entire trip but the insurance refunded us individually. I think that is how it works. Same thing with airline tickets - it is refunded to the person who it was ticketed it.

Why didn't you just go by yourself? I thought you talked about it.

i thought i read through this plan well enough but guess not

EZ air is not included they said. i paid 183 air and i have a 74 dollar credit but they say there's no paperwork they can give me on it. hows that? they said if i call they can use the credit only on that airline (jetblue)

they said email customer relations to figure out the amount i did get back cause i cannot figure it out. so i have 277 credit out of 704 i paid for cruise and air. plus a theoretical 74 they will not give me paperwork on.

i have that mystery amount no one can tell me how they got it calculated. they did tell me that the other part of the claim is on my exes account and even though i can prove i paid for it all. she gets the credit and i cannot have her half. how fair is that? and you know the likelihood me getting that money from her.

amazing that they gave me her taxes back though since those 'were hers' by their definition. i dont get it. they will not let you talk to the princess insurance dept and when i call AON they have no idea how the little i got back was calculated.

i'm super upset. i thought the insurance would cover it all and give ME my money back. but it hasnt and doesnt. i read thru 24 pages of the princess document and doesnt say anywhere that it goes back to the passenger vs person paid and i see no exclusion for ezair.

any idea how to get the future cruise credit back to ME?

the document says Platinum Vacation Protection “Any Reason”

Cruise Credits...................Up to 100% of the non-refundable

prepaid cruise vacation cost

In the event that you choose to cancel for a reason

not authorized above or for a reason that is otherwise

restricted, at any time up until departure, and you have

purchased Cruise Vacation Protection, Princess Cruises

and/or Princess Tours will provide you a cruise credit

equal to 75% (100% if Platinum Vacation Protection was

purchased) of the non-refundable value of your cruise

vacation prepaid to Princess Cruises and/or Princess

Tours, for your use toward a future cruise.

thats pretty clear to me

Insurance is in the name of the individual and any pay outs go to them. Refunds on things like taxes are returned to the account that paid them. If you paid for the cruise and your traveling partner got an insurance payout then you need to get the money from them.

The 100% amount doesn’t include the cost of insurance. My credit card was credited with port taxes& fees, pre paid OBC and pre paid speciality dinner. The airfare was in the receipt that my Princess PVP sent me. AON Infinity approved the claim in 7 days. pPrincess had the FCC in my account two weeks later.

i will summarize since i know i was confusing so you can ignore all posts above this. i was denied cash refund and got credit on my personalizer from princess platinum plan:

1. i can prove i paid for an entire cruise with my credit cards. so why did princess refund my ex gf's account instead of me?

2. they told me ezair is not protected by the platinum plan, i got back 74 out of 183 for my air but they wont send me paperwork saying i have a 74 credit even after i asked them to. so how do i know i have this credit (also why cant i have hers back since i paid for it). i believe ezair should be covered 100% and i should at least get 183 back. but also her 183 as well.

answers to those 2 questions are what i really need

Cancel for any reason is a credit not a a cash payment. Cancel for covered cause is given in cash.

As I stated before insurance payout, in this case a credit, is to the person named on the policy, no matter who paid for it. If you had asked for a refund prior to full payment date then the money would have been credited back to the credit card that was used to make the purchase. For all practical purposes once you passed final payment date the fact of who paid became non-material and the names on the policy took over.

Sounds like the plan is doing exactly what is stated to be. The difficulty appears to be in your understanding of how the policy works.

Pretty much your only recourse is to collect the money from your ex or take her to small claims court for damages. Keeping in mind that she cannot get cash either, only the refund in the form of a future cruise credit.

i was promptly paid back all my taxes including hers. if taxes are hers as well why didnt they give HER the money back?

see the inconsistency here?

No inconsistency, taxes have technically not been incurred until the trip takes place, they are not covered by insurance and as such are refunded to the source of payment.

I know you are upset but please slow down. So hard to read your post so I gave up.

Good luck

Yes, it is VERY confusing to read. Makes me wonder how confused Princess and AON are as well! Fortunately the OP clarified a bit more after your post.

1) Cash payments are credited back to the original form of payment. That is why you received the taxes back.

2) As was said above, as with airline tickets, credits for future travel are issued in the name of the passenger traveling, not in the name of the person paying. Who paid makes no difference with regard to who gets the credit. Credits go to the passenger not the person who paid.

I assume that if the other person takes another cruise, they could pay you what they otherwise would have paid without the credit.