Silhouette late embarkation March 4.

Between 3 and 7 we have to board, eat somewhere, muster, find room and luggage. Interested in specialty dining but don’t want to miss sail away. This means all 28900 souls will be doing the same thing in the same timeline. Wondering about the logistics of this plan

In December we were told not to get the pier in until 1:00PM for a 4:00PM due to extra cleaning necessitated because of a noro outbreak on the cruise before us on Reflection which holds more passengers than Silhouette. Other than the crush at the terminal with everyone arriving at once it went fine. We were on the ship in under 35 minutes and everything went smoothly once onboard. I wouldn't fret about it. BTW, we booked Murano after we boarded for that evening and enjoyed our dinner there. It was lovely, delicious and peaceful!

We're on this cruise too. I still have to contact our hotel and ask for a late checkout--even if as simple as storing our luggage while we sit poolside and have a drink or two.

(puts calling hotel on tomorrow's to-do list after health assessment quiz)

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a reason for the delayed boarding?

We are on the March 18th sailing and told that we would have a delayed boarding due to the terminal being worked on to accommodate the Edge. They are improving and enlarging the terminal. Not exactly sure how a couple of hours will help however.

Can I ask if all future March sailings are out of Miami or just this one? We are sailing later in the month and under the impression we leave out of Fort Lauderdale.

Celebrity issued this update in October. FLL is working on a new dock for the Edge and I guess they need to have the ships out of there for a few weeks.

The Silhouette cruises effected are:

• March 4th - Disembark in FLL - Repositioning from FLL to MIA - Late Embarkment in MIA
  • March 11th - Disembark on MIA - Embark in MIA - No changes on embarkment time.
  • March 18th - Disembark in MIA - Repositioning from MIA to FLL - Late Embarkment in FLL

All the details are here

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert

Can I ask if all future March sailings are out of Miami or just this one? We are sailing later in the month and under the impression we leave out of Fort Lauderdale.

We are sailing on the Summit this week, and there does not appear to be any port modifications posted.