Very Average Luminae on Connie

mycruises

I know I’m not alone in this feedback having spoken to other guests but have recently returned from Constellation and Luminae was very average.

So many unavailable items, badly presented food and slow service. This was my first experience on an M Class Luminae and I think this will be my last on Connie. Luckily forward bookings are S Class.

Anybody else had a bad time on this ship? Everybody seemed inexperienced in Luminae and really not what I’d expect in this restaurant.

I know I’m not alone in this feedback having spoken to other guests but have recently returned from Constellation and Luminae was very average.

So many unavailable items, badly presented food and slow service. This was my first experience on an M Class Luminae and I think this will be my last on Connie. Luckily forward bookings are S Class.

Anybody else had a bad time on this ship? Everybody seemed inexperienced in Luminae and really not what I’d expect in this restaurant.

Our family reported excellent Luminae food and service on the Millie, and we have experienced exceptional service and very good food in Blu on both the Millie and Connie. May be a change of crew working there.

So sorry you, and others, were so disappointed. Hopefully you made your feelings known to management so appropriate actions could be taken.

I have experienced the worst service in Blu. My DH and I were on a TA right after Caribbean sailings and there was a change of crew. Actually, we were in Luminae, but wanted to do Blu again. Luminae was good, but near the end of our cruise, service was sagging in Luminae too. All I can say is there are many variables that can have an effect when dining. I am in no way making excuses.

I told the manager of Blu and also the manager of Luminae. We did not return to Blu, but heard it got much better. Our waiter in Luminae just could not seem to get caught up, even though we ate very early...Paying a lot more for a suite does set expectations higher. I hope our experience in Luminae this April is better. My last cruise and upcoming cruise are both on the same ship- Reflection! Sorry your experience did not meet your expectations!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am a bit concerned to hear that you found Luminae to be just average. We board the Connie in 8 day and will be there for 29 days.

Hopefully what ever the cause of the slow service, lack of items and poor presentation have been rectified. We were in Luminae on the Infinity last year and service & food was excellent. On Reflection prior to that and service was a bit slow but the food was excellent.

Hi,

We sailed on the Connie in July and December last year and whilst the July experience in Luminae was exceptional made by the staff ,our December experience was a huge disappointment. Like you we found that the food,service and lack of interaction by staff a big let down and our comments reflected this and again like you we put this down to the total change of staff in the restaurant. fortunately we were in a RS so were able to take advantage of the speciality dining which although limited in choices of restaurants the service was a lot better. However the experience or lack of it has put us off from booking another suite and have booked aqua class for our future cruise and will use the money saved in the specialty restaurants.

Harry

So sorry to hear of your recent experience. We were on Connie in a PH in September. We were delighted with the Luminae staff and food. We only strayed to Sushi on Five once as we thought we should try it out but were so spoiled in Luminae we ate there every other night. Staff were absolutely great, far better than Solstice and Silhouette on previous cruises. Goes to show things change hugely with the changeover of staff.

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience in Luminea. We have only once had lack luster performance in Luinea and that was on Reflections. The problem on Reflection was that the Restaurant Manager was out of control and he wasn't managing it.. it was managing him.

I know that my trip was 9 months ago but we sailed Connie from Singapore to Rome B2B. Service in Luminea was excellent, Management was the best on any Luminea we have dined. The staff was friendly, engaging and would go out of their way to please.

I'm wondering if the Management and staff changed and they are having teething problems. We are very late diners so possibly things calmed down later in the evening and the staff were better able to present the appropriate service.

Yes. We were on Constellation this past May and experienced the exact same thing; inexperienced staff, poorly presented food and inconsistent food quality. It was such a contrast to our Luminae experience on Eclipse only 3 months prior to that. Since that cruise we have been on Silhouette where Luminae was generally on par with our Eclipse experience so Constellation appeared to be an outlier.

We are on Connie now. It is obvious that the food in Luminae has been downgraded by management in Miami over the last couple of years. Variety, quality, portion size, presentation, and preparation processes are all now much closer to MDR standards.

This is not a ship or crew issue. It is a corporate decision. The crew and ship do not write the menus and buy the food.

We were on Reflection in November, the food was excellent. Service was a little slow and by day 3 we would only sit where our waiter Miro was. He wasn’t the most outgoing, bubbly guy, but by far one of the best waiters we’ve ever had in 15 years of cruising.

We are on Connie now. It is obvious that the food in Luminae has been downgraded by management in Miami over the last couple of years. Variety, quality, portion size, presentation, and preparation processes are all now much closer to MDR standards.

This is not a ship or crew issue. It is a corporate decision. The crew and ship do not write the menus and buy the food.

No, it is a ship/chef issue. As I posted above, I was on Constellation last May and had a poor experience but was just on Silhouette two weeks ago and it was a night and day difference. We have also had two sailings on Eclipse with Luminae and both were excellent. So it is clearly a problem with Constellation.

I know this definitively because dishes that I ordered on Eclipse and Silhouette that were amazing in both presentation and food taste/quality were sometimes downright horrible on Constellation. Same menu item but prepared completely differently.