Carnival Freedom Dry Dock 2019

bugsokc

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:38 PM, roundrockhorn said:

I'd like to think she is pretty accurate. I asked her through her facebook page. She answered me a few hours later. Hopefully, that means she asked around, or talked to John Heald or someone else that would know. 

Now, figuring out who the cruise director is going to be for my late April cruise, is going to be interesting. We had such a blast when Malcolm Burns was our CD. Whomever we get, will have big shoes to fill IMO. 

Yes, we enjoyed Malcolm WOOHOO Burn as well!! We will be sailing on the Freedom 5/4/19 and I wonder when they will have the updated ED/CD schedule out?? If anyone finds out, report back please!

2 hours ago, TigerLily61 said:

Yes, we enjoyed Malcolm WOOHOO Burn as well!! We will be sailing on the Freedom 5/4/19 and I wonder when they will have the updated ED/CD schedule out?? If anyone finds out, report back please!

https://airtable.com/shrowheYeozlqz6jF/tblYvmZ0AEX9AiCK8

According to what Heald has on his blog, Larry Roman will be the Entertainment Director but no info on Cruise Director. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 4:38 PM, roundrockhorn said:

I'd like to think she is pretty accurate. I asked her through her facebook page. She answered me a few hours later. Hopefully, that means she asked around, or talked to John Heald or someone else that would know. 

Now, figuring out who the cruise director is going to be for my late April cruise, is going to be interesting. We had such a blast when Malcolm Burns was our CD. Whomever we get, will have big shoes to fill IMO. 

Emma is coming back in late April, you will not miss malcom....

Also they are going to turn the upper portion of the midship dining room to the ytd. This will make it exclusively ytd.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 8:44 PM, Lottacruises said:

Emma is coming back in late April, you will not miss malcom....

Also they are going to turn the upper portion of the midship dining room to the ytd. This will make it exclusively ytd.

I thought Emma was headed to the Panorama? 

I've been told one of the things that is going to be worked on and one of the reasons the dry dock was moved up is to work on the aft pool area retractable roof. Apparently it has been jammed for well over a year(maybe longer) and the only way to fix it is to complexly disassemble the roof and much of the deck above it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wo5m said:

I've been told one of the things that is going to be worked on and one of the reasons the dry dock was moved up is to work on the aft pool area retractable roof. Apparently it has been jammed for well over a year(maybe longer) and the only way to fix it is to complexly disassemble the roof and much of the deck above it. 

I think I saw it closed less than a year ago. Great though if it is broken and they fix it.

3 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

I think I saw it closed less than a year ago. Great though if it is broken and they fix it.

Heald has confirmed "Waterworks" is coming during the dry dock. He ended the statement with "ssshhh".

• Like 1

Just got off yesterday.  It was a good cruise.  Needs a good cleaning for sure. Most of the crew was staying on for the dry dock.  did the Chefs table and according to the Chef they are not adding Guys Pig and Anchor.  They do have a BBQ place upstairs in the Lido are for now so they are good.  I think they also said they were doing major cleaning, new carpets and paint and stuff like that. 

• Like 1

I was looking at dry dock schedule and Freedom was originally scheduled for 2/26/19 - 3/8/19. Last dry dock was 2014. They added an extra week and cancelled a scheduled cruise. I am speculating they added the extra week to add the Water Works feature the ship lacked.  Maybe the cost they ate cancelling a cruise will be offset by marketability of ship for future cruises. I'm sure they pay attention to such things. Anyway, I'm sailing April 6 so looking forward to nice shiny ship!

On 2/16/2019 at 2:37 PM, rnr4thatsme said:

Can’t wait to hear your impressions, those of you sailing after the dry dock!

We are pretty familiar with her, been on her about 15 times and was on the 14 day cruise last month. Will be on again in May. I will surely be able to share some differences that I notice. I can wait for others impressions and observations too! 

I also noticed that for our March 9th cruise, the Freedom isn't scheduled to leave Galveston until 6:00.  Other than being the first cruise out of dry dock, would there be any other reason why THIS cruise has a later departure time?  All of the other Freedom sailings in March are back to the normal 4:00.

44 minutes ago, philv said:

Very cool roundrockhorn! Thank you so much. I posted link on our roll call for April 6 cruise. Can't wait to see what they have done. 

You're quite welcome! I just did a google search for #carnivalfreedom & #drydock. Found others on instagram doing a #carnivalfreedom search as well. Didn't realize her bull nose looked so bad.

I'm 60 days out, and already getting restless. My wife and I SO need a real vacation. Can't wait!! We're doing a sunrise event on Easter Sunday, and our FB group asked me to do a reading. I'm honored and a bit nervous at the same time. 

19 hours ago, PlanoDebbie said:

I also noticed that for our March 9th cruise, the Freedom isn't scheduled to leave Galveston until 6:00.  Other than being the first cruise out of dry dock, would there be any other reason why THIS cruise has a later departure time?  All of the other Freedom sailings in March are back to the normal 4:00.

Could be she will be late getting in, or maybe they need time to get her fully stocked back up.

We are sailing on her on March the 16th.  So hopefully all of the bugs that she might have right out of Drydock will be taken care of in the first week.  My kids are so happy about the Water Works.  The week we are going is Spring Break in Oklahoma so I am sure it will be great cruise.  

• Like 1