Emerald Princess hair dryer?

GweninTX

All Princess hair dryers are not created equally. Just off the Crown and they had wonderful white rectangular wall mounted dryer that worked great. On the Regal now and they have crappy dryers in the top drawer that are pitiful and you have to depress the button all the time. Anyone know what the Emerald has???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're just off the Emerald a couple of weeks ago. It had a wall mounted dryer by the desk. You do not have to keep the button depressed, but it is not very powerful. I have fairly thick shoulder length hair and it definitely took more time to dry than at home.

I dealt with it; not bad enough that I would take a dryer from home. If you have really long hair, it might be worth it though.

Another frustration is that although there are two outlets by the desk, they are so close together that you can't plug in two things at once if they have the thicker plugs.

You should see the ones that are on the Pacific!! :eek:

You might as well stand on your balcony and let the wind from the ship blow dry your hair.

We were on the Pacific for 38 days - so glad I took mine!

We're just off the Emerald a couple of weeks ago. It had a wall mounted dryer by the desk. You do not have to keep the button depressed, but it is not very powerful. I have fairly thick shoulder length hair and it definitely took more time to dry than at home.

I dealt with it; not bad enough that I would take a dryer from home. If you have really long hair, it might be worth it though.

Another frustration is that although there are two outlets by the desk, they are so close together that you can't plug in two things at once if they have the thicker plugs.

Thanks! We will be on 60 days and trying to minimize luggage!

Just off Emerald two weeks South America, round the Horn.

Wall mounted hairdryer at desk in balcony cabins.

Have thick, medium length hair.

Dryer did a job...didn't take my own. If you are very fussy, take your own.

If I went again still wouldn't take own dryer...need luggage weight allowance for shoes !

Bon voyage !

Not sure if the suites on Emerald have different hair dryers but my wife said the one in our suite worked very well. She is picky. Hope this helps

We were in a suite on the emerald and the blow dryer was very pitiful. I gave up after an hour and just let my hair air dry.

On the Emerald I ended up sitting at the desk because the hair dryer takes so long.

On this cruise we had a lot of extra luggage due to the possible weather conditions: around the Horn, so I definitely didn't want to add a hair dryer.

I haven't brought one for quite a while and don't want too. I already bring too much! I'd really love to find a hairstyle I could just air dry and leave all the hair tools at home.