Sixthman Cruises

broadwaycam

Does anyone know why NCL is continuing to sell cruises on the Pearl for end of January and February 2019 when Sixthman cruises have been confirmed. Makes no sense.

Jan 27 - Feb 1 Country Cruise

Feb 1- Feb 6 The Rock Boat XIX

Feb 6 - Feb 10 Impractical Jokers

I just checked NCLs site for these dates and didnt see any cruises offered on the Pearl for these weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

https://www.ncl.com/vacations/jan-2019-feb-2019-norwegian-pearl-?sailmonths=4294953366+4294953367&ships=4294961387

https://www.sixthman.net/festivals/

If you look at the more specific website for that cruise it does indicate the Pearl has been chartered for it. As well as the Rock Boat and the Impractical Jokers Cruise3. There are several of us wondering why we have not heard from NCL about what they are going to do about the scheduled 10 & 11 day Eastern Carib cruises during the same dates as the Sixthman chartered cruises, that are still available for booking via the NCL website.

http://www.outlawcountrycruise.com/

http://www.therockboat.com/

http://www.impracticaljokerscruise.com/

I just typed out a whole answer and my computer ate it. Ugh! Let's try again.

When NCL and Sixthman partnered up, 2013 was the first winter the Pearl was used for so many full charters. In those first few years, you saw a lot of frustration as previously sold cruises were cancelled.

Eventually, NCL got smarter and did not announce any Pearl cruises during peak charter time and, instead, added them if there were dates that did not get chartered.

Winter 2017, Pearl went into dry dock, so many of the winter charters sailed on the Jade instead. The Pearl had been altered to better accommodate music charters and some of the same changes were made on the Jade. After last season, a decision was made to use both the Jade and the Pearl for charters, depending on the needs of that particular sailing. While they are sister ships, the Jade's atrium can't be used as a medium sized venue the same way the Pearl's atrium can be (it's actually my favorite venue on the ship). And the differing location of the club (aft on Pearl, midship on Jade) also works better for some charters and not others.

I think what happened was that in 2017 as NCL was going to release winter 2019 cruises, someone saw that the Jade was being used for charters (because Pearl was in drydock) and blanked out the Jade winter 2019 schedule, but not the Pearl's, when it probably should have been the Pearl or both.

We know that Sixthman has the Pearl chartered from Jan 27, 2019 until Feb 10, 2019 (Outlaw, Rock Boat, Jokers) and I assume that this weekend we will hear that it will be used for Cayamo from Feb 10-17, 2019 as those 3 weeks cover one 10 day and one 11 day cruise.

Interestingly, though maybe not to those in this group, it's expected that Sixthman will announced it's first European charters on the Jade in Aug/Sept 2018 to sail sometime in 2019.

Thanks for the redoing your comments. Intetesting. All good. I too, expect to see Sixthman plug Cayamo cruise into Pearls schedule immediately following the impractical jokers. Only thing that makes sense. What is NCL delay in adjusting the Pearl's sailing schedule and canceling their cruises that are within the chartered times.? I, along with may others would sure like to be able to move forward with some other options and plans.

I took one Sixthman cruise a several years ago -- it was the VH-1 Best Cruise Ever II...

I was so looking forward to the third, but they just never followed though. Absolutely every other cruise they put together just falls short, in the opinion of my musical tastes...

Train, Lifehouse, Mat Kearney, The Script, Safetysuit, Colbie Caillat, Ryan Star, One EskimO, etc... Some solid groups, some one hit wonders, and others filling in the blanks.

Oh well !!

Tom

There’s already a hole in Jade’s 2019 med schedule. I assume that the charter for Europe will plug into it once finalized. Fingers crossed NCL is planning in advance so as to keep all the customers wanting to give them $ happy. The late charters are so frustrating for those booked and canceled. Especially now that it’s fairly necessary to book way out to get a decent deal. When chartered even a year in advance the alternate sailings have often risen to a much higher cost. Sometimes they offer price and perk protection to switch to an alternative. Sometimes it’s a whopping $25/$50. My 2019 med cruise on the Jade is already over half sold out of suites and is seeing price increases already. I’ll rest easier once Jade 2019 TA’s, Spirit 2019 sailings posted and the Sixthman 2019 Europe charter is confirmed.

If you’re willing to listen to some new to you bands, check out The Rock Boat. I know a lot of folks from Best Cruise Ever that have been on Rock Boat ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been on 2 Outlaw Country cruises. I had only heard if one if the bands pre cruise. The cruise introduced us to so many different bands and silo acts that I now follow.

I took one Sixthman cruise a several years ago -- it was the VH-1 Best Cruise Ever II...

I was so looking forward to the third, but they just never followed though. Absolutely every other cruise they put together just falls short, in the opinion of my musical tastes...

Train, Lifehouse, Mat Kearney, The Script, Safetysuit, Colbie Caillat, Ryan Star, One EskimO, etc... Some solid groups, some one hit wonders, and others filling in the blanks.

Oh well !!

Tom

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Now Keeping the Blues Alive has been posted on Sixthman's website 2/25-3/1/2019. This, of course, overlaps my first ever cruise on NCL (I am usually DCL but wanted to try the Haven). I have repeatedly contacted my cruise consultant who states that they have not been notified of the booking, so my cruise is not canceled. I even sent her the info from the Sixthman website, and she still said it is not canceled. When I contact Sixthman about Haven availability, I am told there is no Haven available on their chartered cruises.

As a small business owner, I get agitated :mad:when the left-hand does not know what the right hand is doing. I have pointed out to NCL that people have been discussing several Sixthman cruises on CC since 1/31 that will interrupt Pearl sailings. As of this morning, the NCL website continues to offer three sailings that will be canceled. I find this to be inferior customer care. As a new customer to NCL, I had already convinced four friends that the Haven was the place and they were all looking at booking cruises. We were all interested in the private pool area. Being a new customer who is about to get canceled and was never given a heads up while booking of the charter possibility then seeing that NCL continues to sell unavailable cruises I started to search for another cruise line. It is unfortunate because I genuinely thought NCL Haven would be the last place I would cruise. My cruise consultant even told me that NCL was the only cruise line I would find the private pool on (using my wishes against me).

When I do something, I go all out. I save my money meticulously for cruises and spend freely while on board. On Friday after realizing that NCL has such poor care for its customers I did some searching and found another cruise line which has a private pool for suite passengers. I contacted my four friends, and we all booked cruises on Celebrity Edge. The unfortunate thing I see in this for NCL is not only are we all canceling our Haven suites (instead of waiting to see what was offered to move) but we all will never choose NCL as our cruise line and if anyone ever asks we will tell them about the poor service provided by NCL when it comes to customer care. So far our experience with Celebrity has been top notch, and the cruise is costing us less with more suite options than the Pearl had to offer. Also, the perks offered do not nickel and dime us - such as no upfront gratuities on the beverage package. The beverage package also includes premium coffee and bottled water (unlike NCL).

My call to preshore services to cancel once again showed me that the left-hand does not know what the right hand is doing. The answer was yes there are charters booked and then followed with an I am not sure why we are still selling those cruises.

I look forward to my cruise in February next year. Unfortunately, NCL lost a customer and Celebrity gained 5. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

I loved my cruise on Celebrity Eclipse this past January. It was a charter, The Moody Blues cruise. A lot of people on the Celebrity forum were very angry when Celebrity cancelled their cruise. My point is all cruise lines run charters and Sixthman is not the only one.

Edited by hate2shop
did not intend to quote entire post

Thanks for your post mmeg29. I too am with a group of five couples, we are booked on the 2-7-19 to 2-1719 Eastern Carib. Pearl sailing, which will ultimately be cancelled due to Sixthman Charter cruises - Impractical Jokers3 and Cayamo. NCL is really dropping the ball here! There is no doubt that the powers that be at NCL are very aware there is a scheduling problem with the Pearl for Jan., Feb., and now early March of 2019 and yet they fail to find resolve and offer some sort of decent options for their patrons. Very unhappy with them at this point. We really didn't want to book with a different cruise line as we are fans of the Freestyle cruising and environment that NCL offers. However...... may have to rethink what I think. Enjoy your cruise on Celebrity! :)

Now Keeping the Blues Alive has been posted on Sixthman's website 2/25-3/1/2019. This, of course, overlaps my first ever cruise on NCL (I am usually DCL but wanted to try the Haven). I have repeatedly contacted my cruise consultant who states that they have not been notified of the booking, so my cruise is not canceled. I even sent her the info from the Sixthman website, and she still said it is not canceled. When I contact Sixthman about Haven availability, I am told there is no Haven available on their chartered cruises.

As a small business owner, I get agitated :mad:when the left-hand does not know what the right hand is doing. I have pointed out to NCL that people have been discussing several Sixthman cruises on CC since 1/31 that will interrupt Pearl sailings. As of this morning, the NCL website continues to offer three sailings that will be canceled. I find this to be inferior customer care. As a new customer to NCL, I had already convinced four friends that the Haven was the place and they were all looking at booking cruises. We were all interested in the private pool area. Being a new customer who is about to get canceled and was never given a heads up while booking of the charter possibility then seeing that NCL continues to sell unavailable cruises I started to search for another cruise line. It is unfortunate because I genuinely thought NCL Haven would be the last place I would cruise. My cruise consultant even told me that NCL was the only cruise line I would find the private pool on (using my wishes against me).

When I do something, I go all out. I save my money meticulously for cruises and spend freely while on board. On Friday after realizing that NCL has such poor care for its customers I did some searching and found another cruise line which has a private pool for suite passengers. I contacted my four friends, and we all booked cruises on Celebrity Edge. The unfortunate thing I see in this for NCL is not only are we all canceling our Haven suites (instead of waiting to see what was offered to move) but we all will never choose NCL as our cruise line and if anyone ever asks we will tell them about the poor service provided by NCL when it comes to customer care. So far our experience with Celebrity has been top notch, and the cruise is costing us less with more suite options than the Pearl had to offer. Also, the perks offered do not nickel and dime us - such as no upfront gratuities on the beverage package. The beverage package also includes premium coffee and bottled water (unlike NCL).

My call to preshore services to cancel once again showed me that the left-hand does not know what the right hand is doing. The answer was yes there are charters booked and then followed with an I am not sure why we are still selling those cruises.

I look forward to my cruise in February next year. Unfortunately, NCL lost a customer and Celebrity gained 5. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

I'm sure you'll have fun with your Celebrity sailing. It is true that all the lines charter ships. What the other lines do for the displaced passengers is often more than what NCL does though. Sometimes NCL will price and perk protect. Other times they either offer nothing but a, you are welcome to book something else and goodbye. Or the, your business means so much to us that we would like to extend a generous (Ha!) $50 obc should you choose to switch to another sailing that is by now twice the price of your original suite. Probably not the best way to go about making the customer that was willing to give you 10k or more for their dream vacation happy and valued. Charters make the cruise line tons of money so any company will gladly cancel on you for a charter. Most of the other lines, and sometimes NCL, will keep you happy with a valid similar offering though. From a business standpoint it only makes sense to keep displaced passengers happy and just build the displacement costs into the charter fares. For some reason though NCL doesn't do this and they will often wait till it's really too late for the displaced passengers to find a decent priced alternative. Probably a good idea to jump ship ahead of time in order to get the suite on another line at a price you are happy with. Sitting around waiting for NCL to cancel what you already know is going to happen will just leave you less choice and higher price later on. NCL Haven does offer a wonderful product and NCL has improved with their charter communications but still has some pretty big flaws. It's almost like there's a few people on the team. If team member A is in charge of the charter cancellation he tells everyone to go screw themselves. If team member B is in charge they make sure customers are well taken care of and are put on another sailing with some benefits to make up for their trouble. Every time I book a cruise way out, which is the only way to get decent suite pricing anymore, I cross my fingers that the sailing won't be canceled and that if it is my letter from, "Vivian" is the "Vivian" who wants to retain the displaced passengers. Not the, " Vivian" who says see ya later sucker. Thanks for the $1500 deposit that we held for a year.

I loved my cruise on Celebrity Eclipse this past January. It was a charter, The Moody Blues cruise. A lot of people on the Celebrity forum were very angry when Celebrity cancelled their cruise. My point is all cruise lines run charters and Sixthman is not the only one.

I understand charters happen. My irritation is more that NCL is aware that these cruises are chartered, and they continue to sell cruises that will be canceled. This seems to be an inappropriate business practice. On Celebrity as soon as a cruise is chartered, it is immediately not available to the public, leaving only those who already booked to be compensated in some way by the line. :ship:

I understand charters happen. My irritation is more that NCL is aware that these cruises are chartered, and they continue to sell cruises that will be canceled. This seems to be an inappropriate business practice. On Celebrity as soon as a cruise is chartered, it is immediately not available to the public, leaving only those who already booked to be compensated in some way by the line. :ship:

I can certainly understand your frustration at the way NCL (mis) handled it. In my case I went to join the roll call and some booked passengers for the non-charter were still on there and had not been notified or compensated yet by Celebrity and a lot of their posts sounded very similar to yours. I'm sorry this happened to you. Enjoy your cruise.