Carnivals *** sale

S.S.Oceanlover

Anybody see any good deals with this sale?

Bill

??? If you're referring to a sale that's being offered by a specific travel agency, you won't get any information here. Per C.C.'s rules, we are not allowed to mention or discuss specific travel agencies. As someone that's been a member for 16 years, you should be aware of that. If it's a sale being offered by Carnival, you'll need to contact them directly to determine if there are any "good deals".

Anybody see any good deals with this sale?

Bill

Hi

I am not exactly sure what you are asking. I would imagine that you know cruise lines don't really have "sales" as the public understands the concept. The cabin price is set at some point in time and fluctuates (seemingly randomly) mostly spurred by demand. There are occasional promotions (for Carnival, very low key) that may offer a small OBC, or perhaps a low deposit. These would hardly be considered a "sale". All their promotions are mostly smoke and mirrors. At best they attract people who don't watch the prices.

For anyone looking to book a cruise with Carnival and looking for the "best" price, the safest approach would be to book as soon as you are comfortable that you can make the sailing and feel the price is good. Make sure you book with a "rate" that allows you to take advantage of any price drops and make sure you understand any restrictions/obligations that come with your booking rate.

hope this helps

All of Carnivals "sales" are typically very similar. The fare's themselves are usually not what the "sale" is. The "sale" more than likely includes a small amount of OBC ($50-$100) and reduced deposits (half off or $99 deposits).

Well, I guess this was a deal. I booked the only 4 person extended aft balcony in the family harbor area on Horizon a few weeks ago. It's a new stateroom class on deck 2. It came with $100 credit. Today the price for a regular family balcony in the Cove area is $10 more then what I paid with only $50 credit now. I guess it was a deal comparatively speaking.

I've never understood the appeal of these reduced or half-off deposit sales. It's not like you don't have to eventually pay the deposit at some time. I would rather go ahead and pay it up front and not have to worry about submitting the remaining deposit whenever a price drop comes along. Also we always book past guest rate over early saver, don't like the stipulations attached to that rate. We try to book as early as possible and just watch for price drops in our room category. For our cruise this November we have already received $800 in price drops, for our 14-day Journey cruise. I guess this is where I consider our sales kick in, of course over a period of 7-8 months. We still have until August of this year to cash in on any future sales, lol.

??? If you're referring to a sale that's being offered by a specific travel agency, you won't get any information here. Per C.C.'s rules, we are not allowed to mention or discuss specific travel agencies. As someone that's been a member for 16 years, you should be aware of that. If it's a sale being offered by Carnival, you'll need to contact them directly to determine if there are any "good deals".

It was an email from Carnival.

I didn't know any travel agents were offering a separate *** sale.

I wonder who at Carnival thought the name of the sale was a good choice.

Bill

Well, I guess this was a deal. I booked the only 4 person extended aft balcony in the family harbor area on Horizon a few weeks ago. It's a new stateroom class on deck 2. It came with $100 credit. Today the price for a regular family balcony in the Cove area is $10 more then what I paid with only $50 credit now. I guess it was a deal comparatively speaking.

Its helpful to families that have a lot of people going. With reduced deposit sales, it is easier on the wallet, especially on long cruises where the deposit can be $400!