Celebrity newbie with a few questions

smarks

Hi my fellow cruisers, I have a couple questions about Celebrity. I am doing a transatlantic on the Celebrity Edge, April 2019 from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton. So I have a few questions for you.

1. Does Celebrity ever offer any perks for transatlantic cruises?

2. This is a 15 day cruise. Does Celebrity have a set price for laundry? I mean like a fixed rate for the duration of the cruise. Or do you pay by the bag.

Thanks for all replies.

3. Could someone please explain the classes to me. I am in an interior catagory 09? Sorry, just trying to understand some of the post.

Sandra

Edited by smarks
Left out a question.

The only perks I have seen was when we were on a TA and X offered prepaid gratuities if we booked another TA while on the ship.

No flat rate for laundry for the cruise. On longer cruises they will sometimes offer a “ stuff the bag” wash & fold for $50. It is a standard size paper laundry bag. This is good for jeans, tees, socks, workout clothes. Hot wash so I wouldn’t put things in that could shrink, bleed or are delicate.

Celebrity offers wash and fold by the piece but can offer a special by the bag on cruises. On a 7 day, we have seen prices ranging from as low as $20 a bag and to not even being offered. They also have dry cleaning available by the piece for your more delicate items. Ask for room attendant about specials or keep an eye on the dailies. If you get to Elite Status, you get a free bag of laundry during your cruise along with other coupons.

Worthy Perks for a year 1 TA on the New Celebrity Edge ??

Whatever it is, the TA has already been X4 Quadrupled marked Up.

$4249pp Balcony TA Edge 15 Nt. vs. 15 Nt. Balcony TA Celebrity Eclipse $1149pp ??

Edited by ShakeDaddy

The only perks I have seen was when we were on a TA and X offered prepaid gratuities if we booked another TA while on the ship.

No flat rate for laundry for the cruise. On longer cruises they will sometimes offer a “ stuff the bag” wash & fold for $50. It is a standard size paper laundry bag. This is good for jeans, tees, socks, workout clothes. Hot wash so I wouldn’t put things in that could shrink, bleed or are delicate.

Thank you for the reply.

Worthy Perks for a year 1 TA on the New Celebrity Edge ??

Whatever it is, the TA has already been X4 Quadrupled marked Up.

$4249pp Balcony TA Edge 15 Nt. vs. 15 Nt. Balcony TA Celebrity Eclipse $1149pp ??

Thanks for the reply. I too think the Celebrity is over priced but it fits my time frame. I was hoping that maybe as the cruise gets closer that Celebrity would offer a free perk. Never hurts to hope. Thanks again.

Celebrity offers wash and fold by the piece but can offer a special by the bag on cruises. On a 7 day, we have seen prices ranging from as low as $20 a bag and to not even being offered. They also have dry cleaning available by the piece for your more delicate items. Ask for room attendant about specials or keep an eye on the dailies. If you get to Elite Status, you get a free bag of laundry during your cruise along with other coupons.

Thank you for the tips on the laundry. I will keep an eye out for specials.

Celebrity doesn't offer free perks for inside cabins, cat 9 being one of those. You might get some onboard credit if you book this sailing with a travel agent instead of directly with Celebrity.

Thanks Cruise Raider for the info. Yes, I do have an interior. I didn't know an interior wouldn't qualify for any perks if offered. Now I know. Thanks again.