EOS Transpacific Overnight stay in Honolulu

jaymcc

Hi

We’re going to be in Honolulu for 2 days, 1 night, on Explorer as part of a Transpacific cruise in April/May this year.

I’m wondering if there’s some weird rule that says we have to return to the ship to stay overnight? I know it sounds weird but I’m just making sure I’m not going to be offloaded if we choose to stay somewhere on the island overnight?

Thanks

Jay

Before you decide to do that, price hotels in Honolulu.

MUCH cheaper to go back on board. :D

Maybe the OP isn't planning to get a hotel room but simply planning to bar hop or do other activities all night long. ;)

We've overnighted several time in Hawaii, including Lahaina, Maui which is a tender port and could return anytime. In Lahaina overnight from something like midnight to 6am the tender only left on the hour if needed.

In Honolulu we could go off and return as we wanted since the ship was docked.

Maybe the OP is an optimistic single guy (or gal) looking to mingle at a few luaus . . .

Ha! Single? no.

We have plans to actually rent some camping gear and stay overnight at Ho'omaluhia Botanical Garden. It's away from the crowds and sits at the base of the mountains on the east side of Oahu.

Ha! Single? no.

We have plans to actually rent some camping gear and stay overnight at Ho'omaluhia Botanical Garden. It's away from the crowds and sits at the base of the mountains on the east side of Oahu.

That looks like a cool place. Something different too for a cruise. Hope you enjoy it.

That looks like a cool place. Something different too for a cruise. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks - I'm thinking that as a half way point in a 23 day cruise it'll be good to just see trees and mountains and no people for a change. A bit of a reset before the final leg.