princess coupon book

Mard940

The coupon books are worthless (YMMV). They're mostly "buy whatever and get 10% off" or "buy X and get a special, really valuable tchotchke"
If you're wondering tchotchke means junk.;)
I have used it a couple of times to support a table leg to keep the table from wobbling.
Did you get the Princess discount coupon book on boarding or in your email along with your cruise ticket?

According to the cover of the book, it contained "over $750 in Value!".

It contains the following coupons:

Luxury Bed: 15% off purchase of a complete Princess Luxery Bed at princessluxurybed.com

Embarkation Day Special: Buy One, Get One Free dinner cover charge at a specialty restaurant

Free chocolate dipped stawberries with purchase of a bottle of Champagne for stateroom delivery

Buy a Princess Cook book and get the second one 50% off

15% off any bottle of wine purchased at a Maitre d' Wine Tasting

Free one liter bottle of water (still or sparkling) when dining in a specialty restaurant

The Shops of Princess: 10% off any single purchase of Fashion Jewelry, Fine Jewelry, Watches or Fine Gifts

The Shops of Princess: 15% off your purchase of any three Princess logo apparel, souvenirs and accessories

Port Day Special: $40 off Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow with 75-minute Massage

Port Day Special: $40 off 75-minute Aroma Stone Therapy treatment

Port Day Special: $35 off 50-minute Elemis Biotec Facial

Port Day Special: Free Men's Haircut with purchase of 55-minute Men's Shave

Platinum Studio: Free 1x14 photo with your Platinum Studio purchase

GoPro: Free GoPro accessory with the purchase of a GoPro Hero5 Black Camera

Buy One, Get One Free slot or blackjack tournament entry

10% off any single artwork from auction

20% off your second artwork from auction

10% off the final auction price when you purchase 10 artworks

Discovery Store: 20% off your entire order at discoverystore.com

37 minutes ago, drsel said:
On 2/11/2018 at 9:08 AM, JF - retired RRT said:
The coupon books are worthless (YMMV). They're mostly "buy whatever and get 10% off" or "buy X and get a special, really valuable tchotchke"
If you're wondering tchotchke means junk.;)
I have used it a couple of times to support a table leg to keep the table from wobbling.

Did you get the Princess discount coupon book on boarding or in your email along with your cruise ticket?

You get it in your cabin when you board.

There are 2 different ones (apparently). One is from Princess and one is administered by travel agents.

The one from the TAs has the BOGO dinner in a specialty restaurant.

BTW: they don't mail cruise tickets anymore. They're emailed.

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

You get it in your cabin when you board.

There are 2 different ones (apparently). One is from Princess and one is administered by travel agents.

The one from the TAs has the BOGO dinner in a specialty restaurant.

BTW: they don't mail cruise tickets anymore. They're emailed.

Both come from Princess. When a TA says you get one, it is because of a Princess promotion.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Both come from Princess. When a TA says you get one, it is because of a Princess promotion.

The TA book does come from Princess but only because the TA has agreed to have a weeklong "Princess Cruise Night Sale " 

All those TA bookings during that Sale receive the "good" TA coupon book in addition to reduced deposits and what ever else the TA wishes to add .

3 minutes ago, drsel said:

my special services includes 2 'Cruise night coupon books', one for each of us
does this include the BOGO specialty dinner on the first night or not

Yes it will if everything remains the same when cruises resume  👍

Edited by MCC retired
  • Like 1

We don't always receive the "coupon book", but when we do we always take advantage of BOGO specialty dining on the embarkation day.  The restaurant is never busy so the food comes out quickly and hot.  Service is always great.  We also take the free bottle water coupon with us and take the unopened bottle back to our stateroom.  Never had an issue.  Can't wait to start cruising again.  

• Like 1

Not too sure about that. My TA has included the "good" coupon book for every cruise we've booked in the last 2 years.

I think everyone gets the coupon book with the BOGO for the first night speciality dining.

How much is the cost for 2 adults, including service charges, after applying the BOGO coupon?

6 minutes ago, drsel said:

I think everyone gets the coupon book with the BOGO for the first night speciality dining.

How much is the cost for 2 adults, including service charges, after applying the BOGO coupon?

Service charge is included for in the price of specialty dining, so you pay the price for the first person ($29.00 at Crown Grill).  

22 minutes ago, drsel said:

We've gotten many coupon books (using a different TA) that did not include the same coupons as the one's we receive from our current TA.

In addition, on one of our cruises as we left our cabin, the people next to us we also walking out the door. I'd been wondering what to do with the 2nd book (can't eat 4 dinners on the same night :classic_ohmy:). I asked if they'd gotten the book, answer was "no", so I gave them our 2nd book.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drsel said:
1 hour ago, Retirement2016 said:
Service charge is included for in the price of specialty dining, so you pay the price for the first person ($29.00 at Crown Grill).  

Thanks, and the prices in all the other specially paid restaurants?

Some princess ships have more specialty restaurants than others.  The price varies with the restaurant.  The Princess website or Cruise Critic ship review should list the restaurants available on your ship and their prices.