Sabor dining question.

Hello, we are cruising in the near future and are hoping that someone can tell me the onboard price of Sabor. My husband would really like to eat here and our current cruise planner price is $22. We have already reserved first night done right but are hoping to get Giovanni's table. We are debating reserving savor now or waiting until we get on board. Any advice is welcomed. Thank you.

Hello, we are cruising in the near future and are hoping that someone can tell me the onboard price of Sabor. My husband would really like to eat here and our current cruise planner price is $22. We have already reserved first night done right but are hoping to get Giovanni's table. We are debating reserving savor now or waiting until we get on board. Any advice is welcomed. Thank you.

Prices can vary by ship, what ship?

Sabor is never very busy, especially after they went to the cover charge model. We really like it for lunch. I will say that, in my opinion, other than 150 Central Park and Chef's Table, I think the Sabor food is the best on the ship. Perhaps tied with Izumi. Giovanni's, Chops and the free venues I find to be mediocre at best. They're good but nothing special, nor would I go if they were next to my house. Sabor, on the other hand, I'd pay to go to at home - if they had one.

I have eaten in Sabor three times, twice on Oasis class ships and once on Navigator. Really enjoyed it first time hence the two further visits on subsequent cruises. However, my second and third visits were poor experiences so I am inclined to avoid in the future.

May be a case of personal taste and what you are used to. I had issues with quality of food and authenticity. If you are a fan of Chipolte then you might find it ok or even amazing. Also, as things vary from ship to ship, and time to time, your experience might be really great but I have decided to avoid in the future.

When we were on the Allure in 2016, we really enjoyed Sabor for lunch. At that time it was a-la-carte for lunch. We didn't go there for dinner, so I'm not sure how they charged at that time. Is it still that way for lunch, or have they changed it to the $22 flat charge for lunch also?

When we were on the Allure in 2016, we really enjoyed Sabor for lunch. At that time it was a-la-carte for lunch. We didn't go there for dinner, so I'm not sure how they charged at that time. Is it still that way for lunch, or have they changed it to the $22 flat charge for lunch also?

To my knowledge, it's the same fixed price, lunch and dinner now.

Thank you for your replies. We will be sailing on Oasis in April. I was hoping that there was some kind of incentive based on all of the threads that mention the up selling that occurs on board. We went to Sabor on Freedom last year and my husband was very pleased. It was $15 each for that trip. Me... I go for the churro!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we were on Allure last July, we had dinner at Sabor and, to me, it was not worth the money. I think if it were still al a carte, it would be fine, but I thought that $22 for a quesadilla (which was huge) and a dessert was definitely overpriced. They no longer do guacamole table side, so that was disappointing too.

There was no one else in the restaurant except for the four of us and I can see why.

Sabor is always empty (for a reason). You don't need to worry about making reservations. If you are really jonesing for Mexican, it's fine, but nothing special.

Sabor got axed on Symphony of the Seas.

We like Sabor on Oasis class and eat there often. We tend to go at off peak so it's never crowded and I would never book in advance. They did stop going table side gauc on Oasis in October, but it's still just as good. First two times it was al a carte for lunch and dinner. I think we walked out with a $20 tab for two. This last time, it was fixed price and I think we walked out at $30 for lunch for two.

It's still a great venue to people watch and the food is really decent. I wouldn't hesitate to eat there. But, I would just do a walk up.

My cruise planner (Allure, May 2017) shows a cost of $22 per adult and a la carte pricing on the dinner menu. I had assumed the cost was a flat fee for dinner but now I don't even know.

If it is a flat fee, what if I order more than $22 worth of food, do I pay for that extra?

My cruise planner (Allure, May 2017) shows a cost of $22 per adult and a la carte pricing on the dinner menu. I had assumed the cost was a flat fee for dinner but now I don't even know.

If it is a flat fee, what if I order more than $22 worth of food, do I pay for that extra?

To my knowledge, Sabor is a flat fee now for lunch and dinner. It used to be a la carte on some ships, so maybe some of that old documentation is still hanging around.

I love Sabor but on our upcoming Liberty cruise it's $30pp :o That is certainly pushing it!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

If you didn't know, Sabor on Liberty is more of an upscale restaurant concept, not the boardwalk taqueria style they have on Oasis class. We found it well worth the cover charge. There's an off-menu smothered steak that's really good.