Bottomless Bubbles ? with kids

bubba2012

I’m contemplating getting this for my 8 year old son. My question to those who have done this package before does Carnival require the child be the one to get the soda?

For example, if my son is swimming and I know he’s gonna want a drink can I take his card to the bar and get him a drink? Or does he have to be the one to get it?

Yes, we do take a couple 12 packs of soda on board for the cabin, but carrying around a few cans all day is more of a hassle. I wish Carnival had soda zones designed for this package instead of only bar areas.

And no, I’m not looking for a loophole for sharing. Thanks for any insight.

I have never tried this. I can tell you my wife and kids had no problem getting two cokes when she also had bottomless bubbles. She would just take both cards and get two cokes. I think you might have an issue getting one though without the person being there unless you could maybe point to them in the pool.

I know my son would take my card and get me one and him one from the bar with no problem. He's 12 and I was not near him. And I agree. I hate that you have to go to the bar for a soda. Adult or child. Its honestly probably my most hated thing about Carnival. First, it takes forever to get served. But really, its the tone that it sets. So wish they would change this!

I know my son would take my card and get me one and him one from the bar with no problem. He's 12 and I was not near him. And I agree. I hate that you have to go to the bar for a soda. Adult or child. Its honestly probably my most hated thing about Carnival. First, it takes forever to get served. But really, its the tone that it sets. So wish they would change this!

I agree, not sure why this is only option for soda. I’m ok him going to bar area to get a soda, but being overlooked or others shoving in front of him is my issue. Heck, I’ve had this happen to me as an adult.

What tone does it set besides the idea that one can go to a bar and, GASP, drink something other than an alcoholic beverage?

Going to the bar usually doesn't bother me, or our son. They're all over the pool area, plenty of kids are getting drinks there, so it's not really a big deal. As for using his card, it never hurts to go and ask. Some bartenders may allow it, and others may say no.

Going to the bar usually doesn't bother me, or our son. They're all over the pool area, plenty of kids are getting drinks there, so it's not really a big deal. As for using his card, it never hurts to go and ask. Some bartenders may allow it, and others may say no.

I figured that’s possibly the case too, some may allow it, some may not. Just thought I’d ask and see if anyone had recent experience.

I don't like to see young children around bars and being served at bars, even if its not alcohol. And I don't like that people who want to avoid alcohol altogether have to get soda from a bar. I don't like to see children standing next to obviously drunk people waiting for a drink. I guess what I am saying is bars being the central refreshment station normalizes that concept. Bars are for drinking alcohol in my book. (And no, I am not a non-drinker by a long shot!)

Having to go to the bar to wait for a soda is the whole reason we are skipping BB next cruise we are just going to bring a few cases.

Same for us! Last time, it was money wasted because we just grew tired of waiting forever at various bars for a soda...so we gave up. In the past, we could count on having a glass on the dining table upon arrival. The last cruise, we were usually having dessert by the time we got our first, and only, soda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I took my son's card, several times, and retrieved sodas for him. He liked me getting him root beers with no ice, while he went and got vanilla ice cream so he could enjoy root beer floats!

Hehe! I did that too! I mean, root beer floats for myself!

Same for us! Last time, it was money wasted because we just grew tired of waiting forever at various bars for a soda...so we gave up. In the past, we could count on having a glass on the dining table upon arrival. The last cruise, we were usually having dessert by the time we got our first, and only, soda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tell the waiter you would like 3 glasses of ice and 3 cans of soda each night. If they are not there the 2nd evening remind them. 3rd evening if they are not there tell MaitreD and remove the tip at guest services.

You shouldn't have a problem after that. Reinstall tip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app