Well, they changed it again...

Geargoesdown

Again it sounds good, but how can the Room Stewards get all the Suite cabins ready along with FTTF/D/P first thing? The suites are located in one section.

HAL gets the entire ship ready at embarkation so Carnival for sure knows how. Carnival could sell less FTTP to get the suites ready.

HAL gets the entire ship ready at embarkation so Carnival for sure knows how. Carnival could sell less FTTP to get the suites ready.

HAL also probably has more Room Stewards and you typically pay more for that line as well. The way things are now on Carnival with the RS having more cabins with less help, it’s impossible. I’m sure if they didn’t let everyone board until 1PM then it would work. Even without FTTF, I don’t see how they can get that whole block of cabins ready with D/P in the mix as well.

Even Celebrity doesn’t have all cabins ready at embarkation.

HAL also probably has more Room Stewards and you typically pay more for that line as well. The way things are now on Carnival with the RS having more cabins with less help, it’s impossible. I’m sure if they didn’t let everyone board until 1PM then it would work. Even without FTTF, I don’t see how they can get that whole block of cabins ready with D/P in the mix as well.

Even Celebrity doesn’t have all cabins ready at embarkation.

I don't think HAL has more RS or at least enough to make the whole ship ready at 11am. The interaction with RS over the years has declined with them as well. My guess is they contract out. My wife was supposed to ask a SVP at HAL that she knows out of curiosity. Years ago they didn't have the rooms ready until 1:30 or so.

I don't think HAL has more RS or at least enough to make the whole ship ready at 11am. The interaction with RS over the years has declined with them as well. My guess is they contract out. My wife was supposed to ask a SVP at HAL that she knows out of curiosity. Years ago they didn't have the rooms ready until 1:30 or so.

Have they gone to pushing once a day service like Carnival?

Have they gone to pushing once a day service like Carnival?

Not as of last September. Not sure if the Cruise lines operate like the airlines. One makes a change and it either fails and gets reversed or they all follow. Our Carnival room steward was gracious about asking the question. I do like twice a day but its not absolutely necessary.

Not as of last September. Not sure if the Cruise lines operate like the airlines. One makes a change and it either fails and gets reversed or they all follow. Our Carnival room steward was gracious about asking the question. I do like twice a day but its not absolutely necessary.

Seems like they do for some things like the smoking policy, beverage packages to some extent, etc. I haven’t been on any other Carnival Corp lines but from what I hear they are each totally different animals. I don’t see Carnival ever having all the cabins ready for all the D/P/FTTF/Suites from the beginning unless they push back boarding time.

They have cut down on staff and that’s why they are trying hard to go to once a day service. So now the RS have more cabins to clean and they are hoping not everyone still wants twice a day. With the increased workload it’s impossible for the RS who are assigned to the blocks of suites as well as inside cabins across the hall to have them all done at about 11-11:30 with the amount of manpower presently in effect.

Carnival could hire more crew, but I doubt they are looking to spend more money and are instead cutting back. Why should they have suites ready at embarkation for free when they can sell it in FTTF along with the other perks that suites don’t get? It comes out to be less work for the RS and more money in Carnival’s pocket. Face it - a suite on Carnival is hardly more than a larger cabin. If you want real perks, you need to book another line and prepare to pay more. Sometimes a lot more.

Agreed. A suite on Carnival is just more real estate. Which is why we typically do not book them, except for the occasional aft wrap balcony. We will spend for the suite life on NCL, HAL and our new favorite YC on MSC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They do. That’s a perk. Why do you think they don’t?
As FYI, just off cruise last week. We are Platinum and luggage tags said Priority. We saw luggage at doors in hallway delivered to other cabins, tags did not say priority. Our luggage was not yet delivered. No real problem, not urgent. It showed up shortly afterwards, but it wasn't before those with non priority.

They also delivered one of our pieces to wrong room, it was delivered to room across the hall and kitty corner from our room. We fortunately were in our room when luggage was dropped off or who knows when we may have seen our bag. Hopefully the person in room would have just put by our door, but ya never sure these days.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

As FYI, just off cruise last week. We are Platinum and luggage tags said Priority. We saw luggage at doors in hallway delivered to other cabins, tags did not say priority. Our luggage was not yet delivered. No real problem, not urgent. It showed up shortly afterwards, but it wasn't before those with non priority.

They also delivered one of our pieces to wrong room, it was delivered to room across the hall and kitty corner from our room. We fortunately were in our room when luggage was dropped off or who knows when we may have seen our bag. Hopefully the person in room would have just put by our door, but ya never sure these days.

Did you make sure they put the orange sticker on it?

Did you make sure they put the orange sticker on it?

The orange sticker doesn't always work. I am Diamond and just cruised on the Magic Feb 3rd. We checked 2 bags, and both had priority tags and the orange tape on the plastic luggage tag holders from previous cruises. My bag came in reasonable time, not super fast but okay. A few hours later the second bag had not arrived. I asked one of the crew staff who was delivering luggage if the priority bags should have been delivered by now? He said yes. We went to guest services to describe the undelivered bag.

A while later I was walking back to the cabin and saw the bag on the bottom of a luggage cart orange tag clearly in view. I pointed out the bag and priority tag to a delivery crew person and asked him to please deliver the bag soon. He immediately rolled the cart to our cabin and offloaded our bag. Problem solved. Guest services did call later to ask if we got the bag and also sent, the next day, a bottle of wine to us with a "Sorry" note. That was unnecessary but appreciated.

The orange sticker doesn't always work. I am Diamond and just cruised on the Magic Feb 3rd. We checked 2 bags, and both had priority tags and the orange tape on the plastic luggage tag holders from previous cruises. My bag came in reasonable time, not super fast but okay. A few hours later the second bag had not arrived. I asked one of the crew staff who was delivering luggage if the priority bags should have been delivered by now? He said yes. We went to guest services to describe the undelivered bag.

A while later I was walking back to the cabin and saw the bag on the bottom of a luggage cart orange tag clearly in view. I pointed out the bag and priority tag to a delivery crew person and asked him to please deliver the bag soon. He immediately rolled the cart to our cabin and offloaded our bag. Problem solved. Guest services did call later to ask if we got the bag and also sent, the next day, a bottle of wine to us with a "Sorry" note. That was unnecessary but appreciated.

I know that nothing is 100%, especially when it comes to Carnival, but the orange tape should increase your odds of having the bags delivered sooner. Each time someone in our group had FTTF and got the orange tags, the suitcases arrived within 30 min of getting on the ship. The one time my mom forgot to ask for them, her bags were sitting outside the door on the way to muster.

I know that nothing is 100%, especially when it comes to Carnival, but the orange tape should increase your odds of having the bags delivered sooner. Each time someone in our group had FTTF and got the orange tags, the suitcases arrived within 30 min of getting on the ship. The one time my mom forgot to ask for them, her bags were sitting outside the door on the way to muster.

I have been Priority since it was added and was Diamond when that level was created. Occasionally the bags are delivered quickly but more often than not there are non-priority bags outside other cabin doors before ours are delivered.

I have been Priority since it was added and was Diamond when that level was created. Occasionally the bags are delivered quickly but more often than not there are non-priority bags outside other cabin doors before ours are delivered.

I hear ya. All I can say is what I have experienced. Others have reported the same as me and some the same as you. I carry my bags so it doesn't affect me.

We put the priority luggage tags that Carnival provided on our luggage. Very visible. Even without that it doesn't excuse putting luggage at the wrong room.

There is an additional orange sticker/tag that you need to ask the porters for. That is what they mainly look for when sorting the luggage. It seems a lot of people aren't aware of this. No it doesn't excuse them mishandling it.

There is an additional orange sticker/tag that you need to ask the porters for. That is what they mainly look for when sorting the luggage. It seems a lot of people aren't aware of this. No it doesn't excuse them mishandling it.
Interesting, never did this on any other cruise. Perhaps something new? Cruising again in 2 months so will check that porter puts the sticker on.