Upgrading drink package on board or online

ilymom!

That’s interesting. Is that only for elite plus? I’ve inquired about Captains Club discounts for upgrading, but was told the discount only applied to package purchase, not upgrade.

Not sure what the "official" policy is (as if Celebrity actually has a commonly applied "official" policy on anything), but when I upgraded on board, I just signed a slip and when looked, it was added to my OB account with the 15% discount applied. Your experience may vary....

It's on our online planner, when I log in, it says at the top in a blue bar ' Good News! You are eligible for Beverage Packages Upgrades.' and has link at the end of the bar to see upgrades and takes you to the beverage page where you can buy it.

I've just checked it again and its still there on offer as my husband has the Classic but can also upgrade to the Premium for £8.50 per day if he wanted to (but he won't be)

Thank you. Though ours isn’t even showing the Classic Package. I’m led to believe that doesn’t show until around the time the balance is due. :o

• 4 months later...

So we are on Equinox in November. Price to upgrade per day (including the 18% grat) is about $16 (so it seems bevo rates have gone up since Feb!)

There is a flash sale 20% off the upgrade until Monday which brings it down to around $13 something. Trying to decide whether to jump on this or hold out for a better deal on board. Not sure it's worth waiting, though, just to save a few additional bucks.

One consideration. If sailing on a Med Cruise with no non-ec ports you will be accessed additional VAT if upgraded on the ship.

Good point, thanks.

Ours is a Southern Caribbean so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you. Though ours isn’t even showing the Classic Package. I’m led to believe that doesn’t show until around the time the balance is due. :o

My option to upgrade wasn't showing up either. I called Celebrity and they had to add in the classic package to the RSVP even though it was part of the booking promo. Now it's showing!

So we are on Equinox in November. Price to upgrade per day (including the 18% grat) is about $16 (so it seems bevo rates have gone up since Feb!)

There is a flash sale 20% off the upgrade until Monday which brings it down to around $13 something. Trying to decide whether to jump on this or hold out for a better deal on board. Not sure it's worth waiting, though, just to save a few additional bucks.

It seems like last February I only paid $10 per day plus gratuity. It really went up. In fact, they gave the first day free if you upgraded for the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It seems like last February I only paid $10 per day plus gratuity. It really went up. In fact, they gave the first day free if you upgraded for the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The price of the Premium package increased from $65 per day to $69 in mid May. The price of the Classic package remains at $55 per day so the cost to upgrade is now $14 +18% total $16.52

The price of the Premium package increased from $65 per day to $69 in mid May. The price of the Classic package remains at $55 per day so the cost to upgrade is now $14 +18% total $16.52

Yes. And with the 20% off upgrade flash sale currently on thru Monday (for "select" sailings) it goes down to $13.22.

I wonder how the premium selection compares with Royal Caribbean's now only drink package, which I think they call deluxe, (which can run anywhere from $45-$60 depending on your ship/sailing; no rhyme or reason to how they price them!)