How full is my cruise?

Sunchaser46

It should be listed beside your cruise. I don't know how reliable it is. On the cruises I've watched it doesn't seem to change a lot then until the last minute.

That sounds like they don't have the guarantee info, and can only track the number of cabins definitely out of inventory.

If you were on the ship, unless you were a member of that group, it wasn't a charter. A charter takes the entire ship, and you won't have been able to book it. You were simply on with a large group.

Thanks Bruce for correcting my verbiage -- you are correct -- a very large group ... appreciative.

:halo:

Look under "finder" and there will be a list of cruise lines. Find the cruise line then the cruise.

Got it, thanks! Look at the ship/#nights/region (not page for specific sail date). However if I'm looking at the right thing, a percentage under column header "Categories", it seems a little suspect - about 8 different sail dates have the exact same percentage. And my sail date, just two weeks away, shows 29%... improbably low. Would you know what "[2]" next to the percentage means?

Got it, thanks! Look at the ship/#nights/region (not page for specific sail date). However if I'm looking at the right thing, a percentage under column header "Categories", it seems a little suspect - about 8 different sail dates have the exact same percentage. And my sail date, just two weeks away, shows 29%... improbably low. Would you know what "[2]" next to the percentage means?

For the same itinerary, they rank them by how expensive they are. The FAQ explains their way of averaging across the different cabin categories.

I just checked my K'dam for next winter and it shows all versions of my 11-day itinerary as 94% and higher. That seems high for so far out. I hope that doesn't mean large groups have already grabbed a lot of cabins.

It should be listed beside your cruise. I don't know how reliable it is. On the cruises I've watched it doesn't seem to change a lot then until the last minute.

If you're looking at the percentage in that "Categories" column, that is merely the % of cabin categories that have (presumably) one or more available cabins. Calling this a measure of how full the ship is (or useful for predicting price going up or down) seems quite dubious. I think some comments on this thread about that website were misleading.

p.a. Other than the apparent confusion regarding what the percentage figure represents, IMO that website is brilliant!

Edited by SetAnOpenCourse
Add p.s.

Calling this a measure of how full the ship is (or useful for predicting price going up or down) seems quite dubious. I think some comments on this thread about that website were misleading.
Odd you say that, I have found it to be a good indicator of how full my sailing would be. Our Thanksgiving sailing it reported 97% and the ship was at capacity, The following week on our b2b, it showed 70%. When I asked at the front desk they confirmed that we were sailing at about that figure and upgrades to higher level cabins were available. That wasn't the only instance either. I would say each sailing I have watched it was accurate within 10%.

Would you know what "[2]" next to the percentage means
The 2 means two individuals have paid the .99 fee to have the website monitor that sailings prices and send emails to the paid subscriber.

I am just wondering.... we booked our cruise over a year ago and we were advised about half way through last year of what our cabin number was for the cruise we are on at end of April this year so confused why people aren't finding out their cabin numbers until so close to cruising. My husband printed off the luggage tags already with our cabin number on it. We have ended up with a balcony on the Konigsdam that is an adjoining cabin so was secretly hoping we might get reassigned :-)

Odd you say that, I have found it to be a good indicator of how full my sailing would be. Our Thanksgiving sailing it reported 97% and the ship was at capacity, The following week on our b2b, it showed 70%. When I asked at the front desk they confirmed that we were sailing at about that figure and upgrades to higher level cabins were available. That wasn't the only instance either. I would say each sailing I have watched it was accurate within 10%.

The 2 means two individuals have paid the .99 fee to have the website monitor that sailings prices and send emails to the paid subscriber.

You may want to (re)read its FAQ page.