Deck 3 Reveal? Dining venues.....

JoePDX

Both suite and Aqua have always been able To eat in the MDR if they wish so really we get the best of both worlds. I am assuming it will be the same on Edge. Initially at the beginning of BLU there was much debate about that and I had to strenuously point out that although we might not want to we should have the choice of eating MDR and I have never had a problem. Not that I want to on the Solstice class but it might be nice to just try one of the 4 choices one night. With only 7 nights it doesn’t give us much chance to try all the restaurants!

We usually go to the MDR early on the first night for Prime Rib..not served in BLU and to avoid 1st nite logjam in BLU .I,expect we'll be able to continue the tradition but if not it'll be ok...We broke down and booked the steak house and garden grill so for a 7 night cruise, we will have a good variety.,and there's alway the buffet and room service!

How did you get into this it doesn’t offer me the option on our reservation for 2019 but I am in the Uk

Received an email from Celebrity to book dining.

But also, if I went into my reservation, and chose manage reservation, dining was available.

Our trip in in March 2019.

Just in case this information helpful to anyone else, I’m posting the response I made to hcat (on a different thread) to this dining thread.

Here’s a link to the sample Blu menu:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edg...018/02/Blu.pdf

Here’s the link to Edge specialty dining on the X site. Click the “View Menu” link at the end of the description of each restaurant in which you’re interested:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edg...cialty-dining/

Very interesting to read about palate, venue, ambiance and crowd priorities regarding dining options. Indeed, the Edge offers a new and different concept - for some but obviously not for all - for it's passengers to choose their preferences. Over thirty years of cruising, my wife and I have always enjoyed the MDR and for the most part have always enjoyed the meals. On occasion we do book specialty dining but are not enamored enough with those venues that we must try something new every night. We like early seating and the fact that Celebrity will choose one of four complimentary MDR's where we will dine is fine with us. The anticipation of which one is something that we can look forward to. The basic menu in each is the same, with a special, smaller themed menu offered each night. We are good with that, so unless we schedule a specialty restaurant or two we will stay where X puts us. Don't want to complicate things too much. Hopefully, all passengers will be pleased with their dining choices but there are so many other interesting Edge offerings to explore. To Infinite and beyond.

Very interesting to read about palate, venue, ambiance and crowd priorities regarding dining options. Indeed, the Edge offers a new and different concept - for some but obviously not for all - for it's passengers to choose their preferences. Over thirty years of cruising, my wife and I have always enjoyed the MDR and for the most part have always enjoyed the meals.

My DH and I have, for the most part, felt the same. We have had experiences ranging from OK to excellent in various MDRs, with most being very good to excellent. We’ve booked specialty restaurants for special occasions, and sometimes the original Porch restaurant or Sushi on Five for leisurely lunches. Otherwise, we book specialty restaurants because doing so is the only way for our group (staying in Veranda cabins and a suite) to dine together. Four of us cannot join our friends in Luminae, and having paid for Luminae, they’re not eager to join us in the MDR. Since we live in different regions, we have reunions on board. Many family and friend groups do the same, and have similar logistics issues. Like you we’re looking forward to exploring the new ship, and we’re excited about the changes to the MDR. Since we have Select dining, the logistics remain opaque, but we’re certain we’ll be able to find food we enjoy. Hope you have a great cruise! Cheers:).

It does appear that like Quantum Class there will be 4 separate Main Dining room venues, each with its own unique decor and layout.

Now, the $25,000 question is will all 4 have the same menus each evening with those on traditional dining being assigned a fixed table in one of the 4 for the entire cruise, or will Celebrity try the (failed) concept that parent company Royal did with "Dynamic Dining" with each venue having its own unique menu and those on traditional dining rotating through the 4 venues with same staff and table mates. Celebrity Select diners, most likely, could choose which of the 4 they wished to dine in each evening regardless of which way they go with the menus.

It will be interesting to see which direction they take. I personally would love to see them go the route of a different menu rotation for each venue with an always available choice of "Celebrity Classics" shared by all menu rotations. Would certainly allow a much broader MDR experience!

They are NOT offering All the same Menu. Only 75% will be the same. If you elect to be Late for example the same table mates in the same Rest every night and late you will miss 25% of the Items. They are not rotating the Menu or Dining rooms.

Here is the way X explained the complimentary dinner dining to me. Four venues are available as the MDR for all passengers. If you prefer traditional early or late seating, Celebrity will assign you to one of the four themed restaurants and there you will remain - same table, same wait staff - for the duration. "Select" diners will have the option to reserve seating's in each of the themed restaurants, thus having the opportunity to try them all. The "basic" menu in each of the four is the same with a smaller themed menu each night for that particular space. Of course, Blu and the specialty restaurants are in addition to the four complimentary restaurants.

• 3 months later...

If one has 8:30 dining and a set table what happens when you choose one of the 3 or 4 choices for set dining then how do you know what table you will have? Set dining gives you the same type of table from day 1. Any idea?

If one has 8:30 dining and a set table what happens when you choose one of the 3 or 4 choices for set dining then how do you know what table you will have? Set dining gives you the same type of table from day 1. Any idea?

If you have 6:00 or 8:30 set dining, X will assign you to one of the four open venues and to a table in that dining room. When you get in to your cabin, you will find your assigned dining venue plus the table number amongst the information for you to read.

This is from the Edge Dining FAQs:

-If you choose Traditional (6 or 8:30 set dining), you will be assigned one of the 4 dining rooms with the same table and waiter. Celebrity will assign the restaurant - the restaurant assignment will be in your stateroom on Day 1.

-Guests may request to dine in a different main dining room, based on availability - you will have a waiter that works in that dining room for that night (waiters stay in their assigned dining rooms). You can also request change to another dining room for the whole cruise, based on availability.

-If you ask for one of the Classic dishes from another venue of the 4 MDRs, it will be recommended that you eat in that venue one night instead.

-If you want to request to be assigned to a particular MDR, it is suggested that you email CelebrityDining@celebrity.com and they will forward the request to the ship and try to accommodate you.

This thread has more dining info:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2609250

Based on all of the explanations...glad we did Select for our Nov cruise...and already made the res for each night.

For our Jan cruise we are in BLU.....but we'll check out the open MDRs for lunch..and maybe try to book a dinner,,,,