Specialty Dining All Booked - What to Do

thehenningscruise

We were late bookers (having booked 40 days before cruise) and chose a specialty dining package, since on our last NCL cruise we enjoyed it. One the last cruise, being first timers, we did not make reservations, but luckily didn't really have a problem - we may not have dined at our perfect time but we always got a table at some point. This time I thought I would book ahead but there is little to no availability when I try to do so - so my question is, will spots open up as people change their reservations etc? or are we totally screwed?

We were late bookers (having booked 40 days before cruise) and chose a specialty dining package, since on our last NCL cruise we enjoyed it. One the last cruise, being first timers, we did not make reservations, but luckily didn't really have a problem - we may not have dined at our perfect time but we always got a table at some point. This time I thought I would book ahead but there is little to no availability when I try to do so - so my question is, will spots open up as people change their reservations etc? or are we totally screwed?
They reserve some times for booking once aboard. I would recommend booking as soon as you arrive on the ship if you cannot book before then.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

It also depends on your party size. My husband and I are not really into booking so much ahead of time. For us, we are not sure what we want to eat and what day or time. I find it takes the "free-style" out of cruising. That being said, we have really never run into problems getting reservations for two onboard. The only reservation we make ahead of time is Tepanyaki.

A large percentage of seats are kept back for onboard booking. So, after you board go to restaurant reservations desk and make all your reservations.

There are tables held for on board booking. Go to a touch screen kiosk in public areas and make reservations when you embark.

No worries, download the iconcierge app. While waiting to board, keep trying to connect to the ship until you can. From there, you can make reservations!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

That is exactly what I did. Had to sit near the window close to the ship but it worked.